NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    The New York dailies are talking a Steph for AI trade today, which is patently ridiculous from Philly's end.

I heard that too... MAN that would be a bad look for the Sixers. Might be good for Chuck (A.I. for those who don't know his real name) though. Too many people in Philly don't appreciate just how great this dude is, even with his flaws. The best player they've had on this team since Barkley, yet for some reason fingers point at him when people try to figure out what's wrong with the Sixers. PLEASE.
    Reunite him with Brown, maybe they can find that magic again (I doubt it, but who knows... both teams are headed nowhere right now anyway).

Starbury is GAR-BAGE. Talk about juice cards gettin' pulled... he will NOT be able to survive in Philly. Sensitive li'l clit.

• The New York dailies are talking a Steph for AI trade today, which is patently ridiculous from Philly's end.

I heard that too... MAN that would be a bad look for the Sixers. Might be good for Chuck (A.I. for those who don't know his real name) though. Too many people in Philly don't appreciate just how great this dude is, even with his flaws. The best player they've had on this team since Barkley, yet for some reason fingers point at him when people try to figure out what's wrong with the Sixers. PLEASE.
    Reunite him with Brown, maybe they can find that magic again (I doubt it, but who knows... both teams are headed nowhere right now anyway).

Starbury is GAR-BAGE. Talk about juice cards gettin' pulled... he will NOT be able to survive in Philly. Sensitive li'l clit.

Why isn't Philly better this year? They've got some ballers. Dalembert, AI II, Korver. Is C-Webb the problem? Besides him, I like how that team is put together.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The New York dailies are talking a Steph for AI trade today, which is patently ridiculous from Philly's end.

Steph needs to go run the courts in Coney Island.....

A.I. needs to get on a team where he isn't the first/only scoring option....if he doesn't change his game and play more team ball(of course he'll need a decent team) he will never win a ring.....but he is the best one man team around!!

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts

Why isn't Philly better this year? They've got some ballers. Dalembert, AI II, Korver. Is C-Webb the problem? Besides him, I like how that team is put together.

weak d

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    but he is the second best one man team around!!

Scoring champ, CHECK!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Yo Suns took out Mavs hard last night hommie. 6 game trailing was the best Mavs could do. Avery Johnson and Mark Cuban were crying. Dirk threw down that towel like whoa and then he poured the ice chest over his head??? Those flagrant fouls sucked.

Nash and Marion: hella on point with Raja Bell playing the fool and Diaw playing every position. That game ruled!!!!

Suns vs Golden State after the Bulls/Wizards game. West coast, holler.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Yo Suns took out Mavs hard last night hommie. 6 game trailing was the best Mavs could do. Avery Johnson and Mark Cuban were crying. Dirk threw down that towel like whoa and then he poured the ice chest over his head??? Those flagrant fouls sucked.

Nash and Marion: hella on point with Raja Bell playing the fool and Diaw playing every position. That game ruled!!!!

Diaw was on point. That was a pretty good game. Avery looked like he was about to "throw in the towel" himself. Dirk was real mad. Thomas and Dirk both got Flagrants? Or Dirk got a T and Bell got a Flagrant? I was confused by all that bs.

I thought Bell and Thomas got the flagrants. Thomas definitly got one because he went down hard on Dirk (no ayo). Dirk got the Technical (I think) for the shove afterwards or just acting all ruffled, prompting him to throw down the towel at the bench.

Bell definitely got called a couple times for waving his arms around defending so he was defending for a while with this hands behind his back. Dude was straight playing the fool, I LOL'd.

Suns gotta play the Lakers in the playoffs. I needs to make a trip to LA and see this ish.

Wizards v. Bulls tonight be HOT.

freals
    Arenas is acting mad slow now. Bulls just tied it...

HD, so I'm abouta' stay glued.)

-SDsoJellyrightnow

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    IF you asked me last week I was willing to put Dallas in the Finals against Detroit. I just don't think the Spurs have it in them this season. Too many injuries, and although they have the best record in the West, they're not playing as good as last year. Still, after losing to my lowly Warriors, i mean REALLY losing, and then getting spanked again by the Suns, who are a far tougher match-up I'm starting to wonder. It still looks like the Mavs rely too much on their offense because they really didn't put up any kind of defensive effort in those last two games. We'll have to see because the Playoffs are an entirely new season.

IF you asked me last week I was willing to put Dallas in the Finals against Detroit. I just don't think the Spurs have it in them this season. Too many injuries, and although they have the best record in the West, they're not playing as good as last year. Still, after losing to my lowly Warriors, i mean REALLY losing, and then getting spanked again by the Suns, who are a far tougher match-up I'm starting to wonder. It still looks like the Mavs rely too much on their offense because they really didn't put up any kind of defensive effort in those last two games. We'll have to see because the Playoffs are an entirely new season.

I think the Spurs will come back hard once Duncan gets over the flu and is Ginobli going to be back? Regardless the Spurs and Pistons are the bigshots. Mavs really have to work on their offense, especially against teams like the Suns.

Can't wait for this Suns game though. I need to move to Phoenix, lol.

Ben Gordon on fire. Chitown on fire. Jeffries looked like he had amnesia sitting on the floor.

my lowly Warriors

GSWs looking good tonight, gave the Suns a workout. Goes to show how much the Suns need Nash and Bell. Bring back Kurt Thomas, too. Plaese.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I AM ACCEPTING ALL PLAYOFF BET OFFERS....DARE YOU TEST ME???

AND I'M ANGRY BECAUSE NOBODY ANSWERED MY QUESTION ABOUT THE WHITE MAN IN THE NBA!!!!

BRING IT ! I WILL RUB YOUR FACE IN THE TOWEL WHEN I'M DONE BATCH

serious inquiries only...

are the Sonics really leaving Seattle ?

the owner is talkin shit

David Stern is talkin shit

no new arena..

what's going on Seattle ?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

As was said before, their D is terrible. TERRIBLE. Maybe the worst in the league. And those guys you mentioned- Dalembert, Igoudala & Korver- just have not stepped their game up as they were expected to this season. Igoudala TOTALLY disappears in the half court offense. If it's not a breakaway dunk or an alley-oop his ass is not seen most of the time, and it's not because Iverson won't pass the ball (as many people naturally assume). Dalembert seems to have some natural athletic ability, but at this stage in his development he just can't play. Maybe one day he will get it (he started playing the game pretty late), but right now he's basically a liability 70% of the time. Korver should only be playing a Steve Kerr role- get him in there off the bench when you need some three's (and hope his shot is falling- he's real hot and cold) then get his ass OUT of there before he gives up 12 points in a row with his non-existent defense.
    C-Webb gets his 20 and 10, but it's the most ineffective 20 and 10 you will ever see in your life. He's old, slow and feeble, but I still think he can play in the right situation. Philly is NOT the right situation for him.
    Whatever the Sixers decide to do next year, it needs to involve a whole lot of Willie Green. I don't know if he's star material or anything, but dude is a player. Can't say that about some of those other young Sixers... not right now, anyway.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    are the Sonics really leaving Seattle ?

the owner is talkin shit

David Stern is talkin shit

no new arena..

what's going on Seattle ?

The city of Seattle doesnt want the team there. St.Louis Sonics anyone?The owner is the Starbux owner, so u know he cant fix himself to one city.San Diego Sonics anyone?

And I did answer your caucasoid player appreciation questions.

my lowly Warriors

GSWs looking good tonight, gave the Suns a workout. Goes to show how much the Suns need Nash and Bell. Bring back Kurt Thomas, too. Plaese.

Completely meaningless. When the Warriors were in the playoff hunt they chocked for months. Beginning in December they started losing 66% of their games. By February or so they were down to winning only 1 out of 4. Before their last two wins over the Mavs and Suns they had an 8 game losing streak. 12 FUCKING YEARS OF BEING OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS!!!! FEEL MY PAIN!?!?@#*UQ&EK@L!@!!

Okay everyone, how about this scenario for the playoffs?

The Nets vs Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals?

Unless something terrible happens I don't see anyone stopping the Pistons from going to the Championship and probably winning it this year. However the 2nd spot in the East has been sort of sketchy to me. Most people have said Miami, but that's basically by default. I didn't like any of their off season moves and while they went on a winning streak and have a good record, everytime I've seen them play a really good team they got served. Now however, the Nets look legit. Their center is really stepping it up and they already have 3 of the best perimeter players in the league right now. That's a pretty deadly combination and they've also shown that they can beat the best in the NBA. What do people think?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Okay everyone, how about this scenario for the playoffs?

The Nets vs Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals?

Unless something terrible happens I don't see anyone stopping the Pistons from going to the Championship and probably winning it this year. However the 2nd spot in the East has been sort of sketchy to me. Most people have said Miami, but that's basically by default. I didn't like any of their off season moves and while they went on a winning streak and have a good record, everytime I've seen them play a really good team they got served. Now however, the Nets look legit. Their center is really stepping it up and they already have 3 of the best perimeter players in the league right now. That's a pretty deadly combination and they've also shown that they can beat the best in the NBA. What do people think?

Since I'm a fan,I say it.

If the Pacers get the 5th seed and play the Cavs, were going to the second round.
    I the Pacers see the Nets or Miami,we can beat both of those teams. But the Pistons are the team to beat. If Shaq plays out of his mind, they have a chance.Wade will be Wade.

my lowly Warriors

Completely meaningless. When the Warriors were in the playoff hunt they chocked for months. Beginning in December they started losing 66% of their games. By February or so they were down to winning only 1 out of 4. Before their last two wins over the Mavs and Suns they had an 8 game losing streak. 12 FUCKING YEARS OF BEING OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS!!!! FEEL MY PAIN!?!?@#*UQ&EK@L!@!!

what happened? or was it just a fluke coming out the gate?

my lowly Warriors

The Warriors had a weak early schedule. For example they played the Knicks twice within a week in the 1st month. The only quality team they beat during that stretch was Milwaukee, otherwise they got beat by every team in the top of their division. When their schedule started to get tougher they folded BIG TIME. They were also their own worst enemy. They took every open 3 pointer that presented itself. I think they were 1st or 2nd in 3-pointer attempts for a while. All those missed shots from downtown usually led to fast breaks by the other team. They also had a leadership void as Baron Davis didn't quite come through in that department. Plus I think their coach Montgomery sucks. All reports say that he'll be back next year because GM Mullin has confidence in him and the owner doesn't want to fire him and still pay his full contract. 13th year missing the playoffs???? The Warriors are quickly becoming one of the worst teams in NBA history!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm willing to bet vinyl, avatars, whatever, that the Mav's will win two rounds of the playoffs....and will bet subsequently past those rounds if they win.....any takers??

.....any takers??

my lowly Warriors

The Warriors had a weak early schedule. For example they played the Knicks twice within a week in the 1st month. The only quality team they beat during that stretch was Milwaukee, otherwise they got beat by every team in the top of their division. When their schedule started to get tougher they folded BIG TIME. They were also their own worst enemy. They took every open 3 pointer that presented itself. I think they were 1st or 2nd in 3-pointer attempts for a while. All those missed shots from downtown usually led to fast breaks by the other team. They also had a leadership void as Baron Davis didn't quite come through in that department. Plus I think their coach Montgomery sucks. All reports say that he'll be back next year because GM Mullin has confidence in him and the owner doesn't want to fire him and still pay his full contract. 13th year missing the playoffs???? The Warriors are quickly becoming one of the worst teams in NBA history!

not to put salt in the wound, but all of these things were clear signs, they weren't gonna succeed this year. when they were like 8-3, i checked who they had beaten, and it wasn't impressive. nor was Baron Davis as a primary scoring option, gonna make them a legitimate playoff-contender (based on his previous years in the league). They have a couple nice players to work with though.

Dan Patrick (non-baller) and flat-nose Pippen (jordan fan) sit your asses down, and let Mark Jackson SPEAK.

YOU GO MARK JACKSON!

Lakers one game away from locking the 7th spot, which would slightly increase their chances in the playoffs....slightly.

My vote goes to Kobe for MVP. Sure, steve nash is extremely important for phoenix. But the Suns would still make the playoffs with or without nash. on the other hand, w/out Kobe, the Lakers would be 15 games below .500.

THIS HAS BEEN KOBE'S YEAR.

My vote goes to Kobe for MVP. Sure, steve nash is extremely important for phoenix. But the Suns would still make the playoffs with or without nash. on the other hand, w/out Kobe, the Lakers would be 15 games below .500.

Both are extremely important to their teams hommie, but Nash makes EVERYONE else on his team better though. Kobe? Yah he kicks ass by himself but his leadership is still improving...gotta give it to the Lakers for breaking their losing streak against the Suns and keeping it at +15 during most of the game. The Suns are doing okay without Bell and Nash, playoffs are gonna be sik.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    CHAUNCEY BILLUPS 4 MVP

Both are extremely important to their teams hommie, but Nash makes EVERYONE else on his team better though. Kobe? Yah he kicks ass by himself but his leadership is still improving...gotta give it to the Lakers for breaking their losing streak against the Suns and keeping it at +15 during most of the game. The Suns are doing okay without Bell and Nash, playoffs are gonna be sik.

no defense, and run and gun make more sense to young players.