NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i'm tired of this shit !

we need more white boys in the NBA
    Free Brad Davis,McHale,Bird,Chambers,West,Ehlo,Paxon,Ainge,Pete,Cousey,Eaton,Hornacek,Stockton,Bradley,Barry,Goodrich,Lucas,Ivaroni,Jones....

name some white dudes im forgetting...who's your favorite all-time?.....who's the best playing now?..Appreciation!!

Rex Chapman
    Rik Smits
    Brad Lohaus(playing 2 guard in the Don Nelson NY Knicks offense)
    Kurt Rambis
    Dan Majerle
    Mark Price
    Chris Mullin
    Detlef Schrempf
    Drazen Petrovic
    Danny Ainge

Best playin' now is AK-47.

• This thread has languished too long. Y'all need a Mavs update. Since losing three in a row, culminating with a loss to the Magic (ugh), the Mavs have reeled off 5 straight. Beat division-winner Denver handily. Smoked the fucking "hot" Sacratucky Queens by almost 30. Went to the Spurs house and handled them. Beat the playoff-contending Hornets easily on night 2 of a back-to-back. Went to LA and beat the 5-seeded Clippers in a defensive struggle with Dirk hitting a last-second game winner. Can you say galvanized. This is the type of ball the Mavs need to be playing going into the playoffs. they won't win the West, but it doeesn't matter....it all comes down to Spurs v. Mavs in Round 2 no matter what. Mavs split w/ the Spurs this year, so I'll take my chances.

Mavs v. Suns on TNT Thursday night. If Mavs can win and Dirk has another game a la the one he had against the Spurs, are we looking at an MVP? Should be.....

mvp - lebron

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dirk is MVP.......Billups a close second.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Any Orlando Magic fans on here? Care to clue the rest of the world in on how they've won what...10/11, including victories over Detroit, Miami AND San Antonio? Darko hitting jumpers from the top of the key? Son hasn't even begun paying dues yet.

We're closing in on the Playoffs...many spots still to be secured!

(I just got ESPN and TNT in HD, so I'm abouta' stay glued.)

I'm excited!!

I wont start talkin' shit until Phill Most creates the new Playoff Thread Batches.

I'd like to see Orlando sneak into 8th in the east, just for new blood. Philly aint doin' it for me.

• Any Orlando Magic fans on here? Care to clue the rest of the world in on how they've won what...10/11, including victories over Detroit, Miami AND San Antonio? Darko hitting jumpers from the top of the key? Son hasn't even begun paying dues yet.

We're closing in on the Playoffs...anyone else excited???

(I just got ESPN and TNT in HD, so I'm abouta' stay glued.)

Yeah, they delivered a crushing blow to the Mavs as well. You knew Howard was the truth, but apparently Nelson is starting to ball a little as well.

Haven't seen any of their recent flurry, but apparently Darko is averaging 5 blocks/48 minutes played. Kid could end up having some game. Could be possible Detroit got too little for the wunderkind. Is Cato even in the Pistons' rotation?

Mavs followed up a great week and a half run w/ two shitty games this week. Still the cries of "no D" ring hollow. They beat S.A. on D and won a 75-73 grindfest over the Clips just four days ago. Last night's game is somewhat misleading. Suns were unconcious, starters were rested and Avery did a lot of tinkering, apparently ceding the top seed in the West, which became academic after the mystifying egg laid against the Warriors. The Mavs have some slack in round 1, whether it's against the Grizz or the Clips, but shit gets real serious come Round 2.......

Chuck and Kenny picked Dirk as their MVP last night. Bill Simmons has a great piece today about his MVP. At least his arguments are compelling, as always.

simmons piece NO BROKEBACK

The Mavs have to get to the finals for me to take them seriously. They have to conquer a demon, for me to be convinced.

Haven't seen any of their recent flurry, but apparently Darko is averaging 5 blocks/48 minutes played. Kid could end up having some game. Could be possible Detroit got too little for the wunderkind. Is Cato even in the Pistons' rotation?

I am glad to see Darko getting significant playing time. He definitely deserves a chance. And think about all of the now superstars who rode pine for seasons and then exploded when they got put in the right situation. It caught me off guard when I saw Cato's name on the Pistons' roster the other day. I don't think he's played more than a few minutes since arriving, if even that. But, I think he's regarded as just another big body to put on Shaq or anyone else down low who tries to get silly this post season.

In other news: I caught that Cavs/Knicks game last night and had a good time watching Nate Robinson run the floor. He had great invididual stats, but they still weren't able to pull out a win over the Lebron-less Cavs.

but they still weren't able to pull out a win over the Lebron-less Cavs.

They're gonna clean house this summer.

Wizards v. Bulls tonight will be HOT.

TNT??

This iz a standings game.

Gordon vs Arenas............................

• The Mavs have to get to the finals for me to take them seriously. They have to conquer a demon, for me to be convinced.

While I agree w/ the bulk of yr statement, I have to question why you would not take 6 straight seasons of 50+ wins (a feat matched only by the Spurs) seriously, bro. For example, if the Mavs were in the East, they'da been in the Finals at least 2 or 3 times already. For the Mavs and their fans, it is unfortunate that they have had this renaissance during the heyday of the Spurs. Not only in the same conference, but the same division no less. Way to tank those fuckin games and draft Timmy D, you fuckin Spurs. Yet you and countless others so casually dismiss the Mavs as if they were an afterthought. If you dig into the context, you'll find that isn't the case. Shit, they were 5 quarters away from the Finals in 03, sans Dirk no less. I imagine if your favorite team was in a similar situation, you'd feel the same way.

Keep hattin though....cos the Mavs will break through before Dirk turns 30. And when they do, it's gonna be great to see Mavs' jizz all over the faces of Barkley, Bucher, S.A. Smith, Kenny the Jet and every other cat that has disrespected.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    but they still weren't able to pull out a win over the Lebron-less Cavs.

What do they have that anybody wants?

The New York dailies are talking a Steph for AI trade today, which is patently ridiculous from Philly's end.

Although my tone should not be mistaken for pessimism regarding Isiah's ability to convert his current roster to one with even less usable talent and more burdensome contracts.

• but they still weren't able to pull out a win over the Lebron-less Cavs.

What do they have that anybody wants?

The New York dailies are talking a Steph for AI trade today, which is patently ridiculous from Philly's end.

Although my tone should not be mistaken for pessimism regarding Isiah's ability to convert his current roster to one with even less usable talent and more burdensome contracts.

Bulls are loving it...they get to contend for a spot as Piston fodder in Round 1, AND they have the Knicks first round pick next year.

TNT??

ESPN

The way I see it, Philly will get whooped by Miami tonight anyway, so even if Chicago looses, they'll still be in 8th come sunrise. Washington is just a game ahead of Indy who plays Minn tonight.

The Mavs have to get to the finals for me to take them seriously. They have to conquer a demon, for me to be convinced.

While I agree w/ the bulk of yr statement, I have to question why you would not take 6 straight seasons of 50+ wins (a feat matched only by the Spurs) seriously, bro. For example, if the Mavs were in the East, they'da been in the Finals at least 2 or 3 times already. For the Mavs and their fans, it is unfortunate that they have had this renaissance during the heyday of the Spurs. Not only in the same conference, but the same division no less. Way to tank those fuckin games and draft Timmy D, you fuckin Spurs. Yet you and countless others so casually dismiss the Mavs as if they were an afterthought. If you dig into the context, you'll find that isn't the case. Shit, they were 5 quarters away from the Finals in 03, sans Dirk no less. I imagine if your favorite team was in a similar situation, you'd feel the same way.

Keep hattin though....cos the Mavs will break through before Dirk turns 30. And when they do, it's gonna be great to see Mavs' jizz all over the faces of Barkley, Bucher, S.A. Smith, Kenny the Jet and every other cat that has disrespected.

Cmon, I'm not hattin! The Mavs are not an after thought. Every contender has to beat their demon.The Mavs have yet to do that. That's not hate. I'm ready to see if Avery Johnson new D system can put them over the hump this time around. 50+ wins and no Conference banners? This hype has lasted way too long, there MUST be a breakthrough, dogs. And pleez refrain from the Coulda/Should/Woulda stuff. I know your a fan, so no dis, just the circus act has to morph somehow.

TNT??

ESPN

The way I see it, Philly will get whooped by Miami tonight anyway, so even if Chicago looses, they'll still be in 8th come sunrise. Washington is just a game ahead of INDY who plays Minn tonight.

I want that 5th spot for real. I'd rather face the Cavs than the Nets.

• And pleez refrain from the Coulda/Should/Woulda stuff. I know your a fan, so no dis, just the circus act has to morph somehow.

I like to think I'm a *mostly* realistic fan though. Even w/ Duncan's plannar fascitis, I still think they're the team to beat this year. I give the Mavs like a 35/40% chance of winning against the Spurs. As a fan though, I have to at least look for some signs of improvement or positivity to build on. If the Mavs can play a competitive seven game series against the Spurs and have a chance at the end...well, what more could I realistically hope for. I'm excited for the playoffs no doubt, and the heart says "Fuck yeah, Mavs are gonna be champs", but the head still has doubts.

Sayin though, y'all prattle on about these Eastern Conference teams that have no chance of doin ANYTHING.

Sayin though, y'all prattle on about these Eastern Conference teams that have no chance of doin ANYTHING.

DETROIT - best record batchez
    MIAMI - if SHAQ plays out of his mind/and ZO gets back
    NETS - dont sleep, been the Finals 2 more times than the Mavs, without Vince Carter.

• Sayin though, y'all prattle on about these Eastern Conference teams that have no chance of doin ANYTHING.

MIAMI - if SHAQ plays out of his mind/and ZO gets back
    NETS - dont sleep, been the Finals 2 more times than the Mavs, without Vince Carter.

Reachin.

Bully for the Nets for bein Spur/Laker fodder. Still, jealous.

We shall see........

• A final thought on the EC thing...

After the Bulls run ended and until Detroit came on the scene in 03/04, I don't think the EC Finals teams from that period could've even beat the respective Western Conference runners-up.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Billups #1, Nash #2, LeBron #3, and Dirk #4 or not at all.

• Dirk is MVP.......Billups a close second.

Silliness.

I said LeBron before, but he has only done his thang after the all star break.
    Dirk has been doin' it all year and his team has a better record.
    Ben Wallace is the most valuable player on the Pistons.

I said LeBron before, but he has only done his thang after the all star break.
    Dirk has been doin' it all year and his team has a better record.
    Ben Wallace is the most valuable player on the Pistons.

actually i agree with all of that. i just think Billups deserves to shine, he's amazing. And he's from Denver. Ha. Ben Wallace is the man though, especially this half of the season from what I've seen.

And to be honest I just don't like Dirk. It's my inside hater surfacing. LeBron could be anywhere and still be pretty much the best player his age, ever. He's an obvious contender for MVP. And Nash, well, no discussion needed there.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Any Orlando Magic fans on here? Care to clue the rest of the world in on how they've won what...10/11, including victories over Detroit, Miami AND San Antonio? Darko hitting jumpers from the top of the key? Son hasn't even begun paying dues yet.

I been tellin' fools for a while- watch out for Orlando next season. Just Howard and my boy Jameer alone are the type of dudes who win championships, that's real clear. If Darko is for real and the rest of the cast does what they need to do, dudes are gonna be contenders in the East. Maybe not ready for rings quite yet, but with the wack squads in that conference they can climb past most of those frauds.

• And to be honest I just don't like Dirk.

'Sokay, xenophobia seems to run rampant as regards #41. What's not to like? Dude's offensive game has never been seen before in a player that size. Mavs have been on TV thrice since last Friday, and Dirk has been just disgusting in all those games. His repertoire is unfuckwitable right now.

Billups is a nasty baller no doubt. He plays w/ four other nasty ballers too though, and they all complement each other. Besides, it's about time the former journeyman and overall #5 pick *finally* did something.

If Lebron wins the MVP, I really have no problem w/ that.

but look at Nash. They say, "look how many players are averaging career highs on the Suns." Well no fucking shit. They dumped 40 ppg out of their lineup (Johnson and Q) and lost another 30+ when Amare went down. hell yeah that collection of former scrubs is gonna shine as a consequence.

If Darko is for real

question of the hour