NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

In Marbury's own little mind garden he is the best guard in the NBA. Others would say that he's a 2-guard in a PG's body, or perhaps a poor Allen Iverson wanna be.

The real blame goes with I. Thomas who can make a trade, but has no idea how to actually construct a TEAM.

That whole photo gallery is one big PAUSE... especially the part where he flosses his full-length Steph blankie.

agreed. if he was ten years old i could give him a pass, but one of the photos shows his steph'ed out car.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

THE FUTURE!!![/b]

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Denver 104, San Antonio 92

Melo is on fire right now.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Yeah, it's been pretty well established that the Spurs are lousy in the second game of a back-to-back. Hell, the fucking Bobcats beat 'em by 15 in such a situation. Ugly.

This, incidentally, is the biggest playoff concern. I'm confident the Spurs can beat any team in the playoffs in a seven-game series, but having to do it round after round could be too much to ask of such an old and injured team.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Uhh yeah, did anybody else catch this from last night?

Yeah, it's been pretty well established that the Spurs are lousy in the second game of a back-to-back. Hell, the fucking Bobcats beat 'em by 15 in such a situation.

Doesn't change the fact that the Nuggets are playing great lately and Melo is truly killing it. 5 of 7 wins on a road trip and come home to beat one of the best teams in the west? We'll see what the rest of the season has to offer...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    OK, your boy Dirk had a helluva game... but gaddaaaaaamn JRICH!

• OK, your boy Dirk had a helluva game... but gaddaaaaaamn JRICH!

Running, spinning, desperation three and it didn't even touch a bit of rim. Nice one!

I was expecting quite a bit more shit-talkin from ya today, JP.

The starting five is healthy, watch the fuck out.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Interesting. I think their loss to the Suns the other night prompted them to step it up a bit.

Nah, the Suns game was after the San Antonio game. About a week later. We did lose to the Suns just the other night (Saturday) but in my opinion, it would have been an entirely different game had the nugs not played the night before at home (vs. the sonics, we won by 12 i believe). I'm not making excuses though because in my opinion, with Stoudamire, the Suns are the best team in the league. I do think we could have beat them and can beat them. We were just tired and playing sloppy. Too many turnovers. The Nuggets are slowly sharpening up their rebound game though, that's where they often fall behind.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Interesting. I think their loss to the Suns the other night prompted them to step it up a bit.

I was just reading an article about Melo in SI. About how he and George Karl had tension between 'em, but now Melo's taking it in stride and he's stepped up his game. i'd definitely like to watch more of them.

And if the Lakers can hang onto that 7th spot in the last 10 games, they'll go against Phoenix in the first round. which may give them a slightly better chance than if they were to go up against San Antonio. I say slightly, because it's almost certain that Phoenix will run up 100+ points because of the Lakers inconsistent defense. Whatever, i'll just be hoping.

Damn, anybody else watching this Phoenix/Jersey game? The Suns were down by MORE THAN HALF of their points in the 3rd. It was like 79 to 39 Nets a second ago. And that wasn't the biggest lead, it was bigger a few seconds ago. Damn I haven't seen a good stomping like this in a long time. Amare not having a good game. Nash looks extremely frustrated. Highest scoring team in the league? Not tonight... Ouch.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Anthony still doesn't play any defense though.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Damn, anybody else watching this Phoenix/Jersey game? The Suns were down by MORE THAN HALF of their points in the 3rd. It was like 79 to 39 Nets a second ago. And that wasn't the biggest lead, it was bigger a few seconds ago. Damn I haven't seen a good stomping like this in a long time. Amare not having a good game. Nash looks extremely frustrated. Highest scoring team in the league? Not tonight... Ouch.

I'm crying, such a bad game.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts

In Marbury's own little mind garden he is the best guard in the NBA. Others would say that he's a 2-guard in a PG's body, or perhaps a poor Allen Iverson wanna be.

The real blame goes with I. Thomas who can make a trade, but has no idea how to actually construct a TEAM.

That whole photo gallery is one big PAUSE... especially the part where he flosses his full-length Steph blankie.

agreed. if he was ten years old i could give him a pass, but one of the photos shows his steph'ed out car.

I'm crying, such a bad game.

Yeah, what the hell? The Nets are STORMING cats right now? Nash and Amare combined for 0 points ON THE NIGHT?!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

he probably doesn't. and neither does Baron Davis or for that matter a lot of NBA players.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

You're right, but many top scorers don't. Anthony is averaging 26.7 ppg and 5 rpg. He's also shooting over 80% from the free throw line. Luckily for Denver, we have cats like Camby who average 3.35 BPG - #1 in NBA - and 12 RPG right now - (also #1 in NBA for def. rebounds per game - 9.8).

• WHERE U AT DREWN????

Big game tonight on NBA TV. Mavs @ Pistons. Pistons looking to avenge 37 point loss to Mavs from earlier this year. I'll admit, this one is gonna be damn tough for the Mavs to win. SHOW SOME HEART MAVS!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE U AT DREWN????

Right behind you!

This should be a good one...

L.A. or New York???

Where iz he gonna end up?

His house is in L.A.

Thursday, March 30, 2006
    Updated: March 31, 10:18 AM ET
    H3>League would amend uniform code to ban tights/H3>
    By Darren Rovell and Marc Stein
    ESPN.com

After instituting a "business casual" dress code and cracking down on the length of uniform shorts, the NBA has identified its next fashion crusade.

D-Wade still has substance.

League and team sources have told ESPN.com that the NBA, starting next season, intends to ban the tights sported at various points this season by several players, including three MVP candidates: Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

Although NBA officials are not publicly commenting on the issue, sources say that the league simply does not like the look of players wearing visible hose. It's believed that the league office, which already has regulations in place to curtail short lengths, can unilaterally outlaw tights by simply amending its uniform code before the 2006-07 season.

Sources say that the NBA informed its 30 teams at last month's competition committee meeting in Houston that tights would be banned immediately after All-Star Weekend. But the league wound up holding off on that ban, perhaps to avoid a new controversy after the initial furor sparked by the off-court dress code faded quickly and quietly.

Players who wish to wear tights are required to send the league a written request from a team doctor detailing a "medical need" for the leggings. That's because the league, according to sources, believes that some players are merely wearing them because they like the look.

Read on....

The following NBA players have been spotted wearing tights this season:[/b]
    ??? Ray Allen, Seattle
    ??? Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee
    ??? Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
    ??? Vince Carter, New Jersey
    ??? Eddy Curry, New York
    ??? Samuel Dalembert, Philadelphia
    ??? Allen Iverson, Philadelphia
    ??? LeBron James, Cleveland
    ??? Toni Kukoc, Milwaukee
    ??? Rashad McCants, Minnesota
    ??? Michael Redd, Milwaukee
    ??? Joe Smith, Milwaukee
    ??? Jerry Stackhouse, Dallas
    ??? Nick Van Exel, San Antonio
    ??? Dwyane Wade, Miami
    ??? Gerald Wallace, Charlotte
    ??? Chris Webber, Philadelphia
    ??? Bonzi Wells, Sacramento
    ??? Jason Williams, Miami
    ??? Mo Williams, Milwaukee

-- Paul Lukas, ESPN.com

That's some real bullshit. How come they havent banned headbands/wristbands?

I guess if they dont put a stop to the leggings, cats will end up lookin like this.............................

When they say they want to regulate the length of shorts, do they mean they're gonna make them shorter? i fuckin' hope not.

why can't these assholes just let the ballers ball. what's next? got get your tats skin graphted?

Hall of Fame, Batches!!!

• clippers batch!

anybody catch the nuggets/twolves game? andre miller with a fierce block?!? kenyon hitting a 3??! twilight zone shit. i love how we can play like shit for 3/4 of the game and actually hustle for the 4th quarter and still win by 12 against a good team...

How long have you been a Nuggets fan?

or

or