NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

MJ played DEFENSE.
    MJ played DEFENSE.
    MJ PLAYED DEFENSE.

MICHAEL JORDAN PLAYED DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL-NBA 1st and 2nd TEAM throughout 99-03.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    lakers-cavs: GREAT GAME. lebron had the better stats, kobe's quite the motherfucking closer though!

kobe's quite the motherfucking closer though!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

MJ played DEFENSE.
    MJ played DEFENSE.
    MJ PLAYED DEFENSE.

MICHAEL JORDAN PLAYED DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL-NBA 1st and 2nd TEAM throughout 99-03.

It's not even close,doggie.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

It's not even close,doggie.

"Kobe's a good defender but doesn't play it all the time. Michael was just frenetic all the time. I've not seen anyone like that since. He has that frenzy in his game offensively and defensively. He's like the kid in the schoolyard who is the best player and is trying to win the game the entire time for his whole team. That's what he was like in the college, and he went to the pros and he was so much better than everyone else. He was serious all the time."

The truth

I always felt this way. Kobe seemed more serious at the beginning of his career (footage watching, endless practice). With the courts and lakers meltdown he has changed.

He wants to "win it all for his team" but he keeps his attitude (which is more negative to his team than micheal's intense personality)

Although it could also be argued that kobe is a product of his generation (bitchmade millionaire star players) compared to discipline/college era players.

Who knows.
    But like I said ewarlier no one respects Kobe as much as MJ in the league, that talks to his character.

Although the guy has made plays as impressive and exhilarating as MJ and same clutch shit for days

Um, you guys are idiots. Who wrote that article anyway, Kenneth WHO? you ask just about any current/former player in the league, and they'll tell you he's one of the most determined players on both sides of the court. i'm talking about CREDIBLE SOURCES here: Kenny Smith, Bill Walton, Hubey Brown, SLAM magazine chief editor Scoop Jackson, and that dude writing the back page of SI. Most of the public decides not to listen to praise and love from them. Instead they buy into every Kobe-hating tabloid-like garbage flooding the market.

Batmon, your Jordan comparion = beating a dead horse.

KOBE BRYANT QUITE POSSIBLY HAS THE BIGGEST BURDEN TO CARRY OVER HIS SHOULDER THAN ANY CURRENT OR PAST PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE. (YES, EVEN GREATER THAN THAT OF JORDAN!!! believe it or not!) Expectations imposed on him by the public and by himself. You expect him to play perfect basketball, with a squad that has an avg. age of 24??? NOBODY (yes not even your favorite player) played perfect ball.[/b]

stop nitpicking dudes. and enjoy a future hall-of-famer in action while you can.

LA fans are....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Um, you guys are idiots.
    Take it easy

you ask just about any current/former player in the league, and they'll tell you he's one of the most determined players on the both sides of the court.
    Who did you ask? But seriously, in my opinion his attitude isn't always the best on the court. However he brings heavy intensity on the court

KOBE BRYANT QUITE POSSIBLY HAS THE BIGGEST BURDEN TO CARRY OVER HIS SHOULDER THAN ANY CURRENT OR PAST PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE. (YES, EVEN GREATER THAN THAT OF JORDAN!!! believe it or not!) Expectations imposed on him by the public and by himself

Too be fair, although MJ comparison is a given, MOST PRESSURE ever... whatever others also have had pressure

stop nitpicking dudes. and enjoy a future hall-of-famer in action while you can.
    LA fans are....

Exactly I think your answer sparked the MJ comparison debate on which I side on MJ for sure but is not fair.

Although you have a bit of regional bias. Like asking me to praise Tim Duncan. (see Shaq opinion when he was with lakers)

Enjoy the season guys

Um, you guys are idiots. Who wrote that article anyway, Kenneth WHO? you ask just about any current/former player in the league, and they'll tell you he's one of the most determined players on both sides of the court. i'm talking about CREDIBLE SOURCES here: Kenny Smith, Bill Walton, Hubey Brown, SLAM magazine chief editor Scoop Jackson, and that dude writing the back page of SI. Most of the public decides not to listen to praise and love from them. Instead they buy into every Kobe-hating tabloid-like garbage flooding the market.

KOBE BRYANT QUITE POSSIBLY HAS THE BIGGEST BURDEN TO CARRY OVER HIS SHOULDER THAN ANY CURRENT OR PAST PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE. (YES, EVEN GREATER THAN THAT OF JORDAN!!! believe it or not!) Expectations imposed on him by the public and by himself. You expect him to play perfect basketball, with a squad that has an avg. age of 24??? NOBODY (yes not even your favorite player) played perfect ball.[/b]

LA fans are....

If the truth hurts, you'll be in pain.

I'm sorry if I'm smearing excrement on your idol worship, but it seems to me you cant take a healthy critique of one the best perimeter players in the game. Kobe is tha shit, but please lower your pedestal, dog. Just because some refutes your assement of Kobe doesn't make him a wack player. Dont sweat it, son.

Fuck credible sources. My/Our observations hold the same weight as any "magazine writer". We all watch basketball plain and simple. That's an old article I kept around just for any fools who are blinded by the light.

The media will work wonders on your dome...

Harold Miner
    Penny Hardaway
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Ron Harper
    Kobe Bryant
    Vince Carter
    Tracy McGrady

Add on if you'd like......

MJ PLAYED DEFENSE.

I'm in a better mood now, so i don't feel like arguing anymore. But that statement to me means Kobe plays no D. He's done his share, and more. and to compare him against your idol and obsession (as every other, Kobe-hater, MJ-lover wants to do, every opportunity they get) is ridiculous. Because circumstances are different, MJ in his prime ALWAYS had quality defensive help (i.e. Horace Grant, Pippen, Rodman, even BJ and them were decent defenders).

oh and for the record, i'm not a Kobe fanatic. I just root for him, cuz of haters like you. and cuz he's human.

p.s. if you want to argue, bring a better assessment and argument, cuz we could do this "He sucks compared to...." and "You obviously don't know shit" all day...which i'd rather not do. peace.

45+ POINTS IN THE LAST 4 GAMES. LAST GUY IN THE L TO DO IT WAS WILT BACK IN 64.
    not even GOD did that! TAKE THAT SUCKAAASSSS.

awww, i get it now. MY BAD. That was kinda obnoxious.

MJ PLAYED DEFENSE.

I'm in a better mood now, so i don't feel like arguing anymore. But that statement to me means Kobe plays no D. He's done his share, and more. and to compare him against your idol and obsession (as every other, Kobe-hater, MJ-lover wants to do, every opportunity they get) is ridiculous. Because circumstances are different, MJ in his prime ALWAYS had quality defensive help (i.e. Horace Grant, Pippen, Rodman, even BJ and them were decent defenders).

oh and for the record, i'm not a Kobe fanatic. I just root for him, cuz of haters like you. and cuz he's human.

p.s. if you want to argue, bring a better assessment and argument, cuz we could do this "He sucks compared to...." and "You obviously don't know shit" all day...which i'd rather not do. peace.

I'm not a Kobe Hater. Didnt you read "Kobe is tha Shit".DAMN!!!
    Kobe does play D but MJ played exatrodinary D as the article/my watching him says.
    I'm not a MJ jock rider at all. I refuse to let cats rewrite history.
    GRANT,PIPPEN,RODMAN, AND EVEN BJ were not there in his first 3 seasons. Jordan always played D

How come you always lace your arguements with insults?

PS........check my history, my favorite player has retired and is also going to the HALL OF FAME.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    speaking of no defense....the "chosen one" doesn't play shit for defense! There's so much hype for how good he is, but no one ever says anything about his defense which is very suspect. With the occasional amazing block and some steals that he gambles on which is bad defense most of the time, he can't stop his man one on one like kobe can. not even close. just ask TMac when kobe shut him down in the fourth quarter while scoring 37 points in the second half himself for the comeback win in 03-04 season!! i fully agree that kobe is far from jordan, but to say he doesn't play defense is rediculous and if you're going to talk about defense, you have to say how bad lebron is!

speaking of no defense....the "chosen one" doesn't play shit for defense!

No doubt.

If u saw the Cavs/Lakers game, earlier this week, Kobe pretty much had his way in the 4th quarter w/ Lebron guarding him.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Rodman played excellent defense

triple overtime games

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    i fully agree that kobe is far from jordan

I'm really starting to think that the only thing separating Kobe from Jordan is that Kobe doesn't put the fear of God in his teammates like Jordan used to. As far as everything else goes- natural physical talent? Check. Ability to take over a game single-handedly? Check. Game winning shots? Check. Totally shut down his man on D? Check. Ruthless killer instinct? Check.

As great a player as Kobe is, I still don't think he commands the total respect and awe that Jordan did. I think some of his teammates probably look at him as being pussy.

Kobe does play D but MJ played exatrodinary D as the article/my watching him says.

I'm not a MJ jock rider at all. I refuse to let cats rewrite history.

GRANT,PIPPEN,RODMAN, AND EVEN BJ were not there in his first 3 seasons. Jordan always played D

Ofcourse Jordan didn't win any rings in his first 3 seasons.

How come you always lace your arguements with insults?

Just fed up with blunt and ridiculous comparisons to MJ. that is all really...

With that said, people glorify the past a heck of a lot. There are good things happening right now. you're not really a fan of Kobe? that's okay. You think he's a sensitive pussy? that's okay too. cuz he is.

going back to your original arugment Batmon, how does kobe NOT PLAY defense? I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. sure he sags off his own perimeter man, to help his inexperienced teammates in the paint...but nothing really comes to mind for me, as far as him being an inadequate defender.

your initial argument got me in a mad doggie mood, that is all....

Kobe does play D but MJ played exatrodinary D.
    going back to your original arugment Batmon, how does kobe NOT PLAY defense? I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. sure he sags off his own perimeter man, to help his inexperienced teammates in the paint...but nothing really comes to mind for me, as far as him being an inadequate defender.

your initial argument got me in a mad doggie mood, that is all....

NEW TOPIC..............

'06 suprises...

Mike Miller
    Fred Jones
    Cook @ LA
    David Lee
    Gary Payton (better than LA)

ADD ON..

• NEW TOPIC..............

'06 suprises...

Mike Miller
    Fred Jones
    Cook @ LA
    David Lee

ADD ON..

david west
    delonte west
    jamal crawford (seeing him shoot 2 threes a game and take 10 free throws brings a tear to my eye)
    smush parker
    gerald wallace becoming a poor man's shawn marion (box score the other night: 21 pts/15 reb/8 stl/4 blk/ 4 ast)
    tyson chandler being so shockingly awful (last night: 0 points, 0 reb, 0 ast, 1 turnover, 5 fouls in 4 minutes played)
    and i never thought nate robinson would be starting and putting up 17/5/5 games this early in his career .. i didn't think he'd ever be starting. especially not at shooting guard. but he's probably the single most impressive athlete i've ever seen so nothing should be too surprising.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    but he's probably the single most impressive athlete i've ever seen so nothing should be too surprising.

Co-signature.

Man, today nothing is helping the Knicks though. But to be honest they're tired as fuckkkkk and I'd rather see them save it for Detroit.

he's probably the single most impressive athlete i've ever seen

EVER EVER

If he, is wouldn't the Knicks better?

• NEW TOPIC..............

'06 suprises...

Mike Miller
    Fred Jones
    Cook @ LA
    David Lee

ADD ON..

kyle korver
    boris diaw

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    he's probably the single most impressive athlete i've ever seen

Pound for pound, in the NBA anyway, it's

(The guy laying it up, not the guy watching. Although that dude is pretty impressive hisself)

• i would agree with you that iverson is probably the best pound-for-pound basketball player to ever play the game .... i'm a huge fan. but i'm just talking strictly about athleticism. running and jumping. nate is just on another plane. he still has a lot to learn about the nba and running the point ... but the shit he can do is just unprecedented .. i mean just today he won a jumpball against toronto's 7' center with ease .. doesn't sound like much but when you see him you realize that he regularly does amazing shit in-game .. and makes it look effortless. put it this way - when was the last time there was a 5'9" (listed .. he's actually about 5'7 3/4") shooting guard in the nba ..

(thats 6'8" james posey getting served ... by the way, just wait until the dunk contest .. dude is probably gonna do the off the backboard between the legs jammy ..)

... plus, he broke records in washington state track & field in high school and actually came to the university of washington on a football scholarship. it wasnt until a few years ago that he decided to play basketball full-time ..

single most impressive athlete in the game today:

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    UHH...glad I opened the newspaper today...

SHAQ v. KOBATCH on TNT tonight 10:30 EST[/b]

Don't on this one...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    BYNUM !!!!

If they stay above 500 and make the playoffs with a decent run, i'd consider that a minor success for the young Lakers.