NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• damn lamar was 2 for 13.. ouch. he looked lost tonight. do you think he'll fit in with the triangle/be like scottie?

(i hope so, i got him in my fantasy team)

• i think yao ming needs to step the fuck up and grow a pair that reflects his stature.

damn this is some crazy shit:
    Operation Yao Ming
    yao should get some tats and be bodied up more in practice.
    (he's another one of my fantasy players )

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Did anybody catch the Detroit/Philly game? It's pretty clear that Flip's "flex" offense is going to be a great addition to and already ridiculous defensive team. I can't even remember the last time the Pistons scored 100+ points in a game, and they had dudes running the court, taking good shots and still locking down the Sixers. I also love how Flip is using the bench, putting in Darko in what, the 2nd quarter? This is gonna be a dope season, and all ya'll Indiana fans might need to think twice about your boys getting out of the East alive (again) this year...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Did anybody catch the Detroit/Philly game? It's pretty clear that Flip's "flex" offense is going to be a great addition to and already ridiculous defensive team. I can't even remember the last time the Pistons scored 100+ points in a game, and they had dudes running the court, taking good shots and still locking down the Sixers. I also love how Flip is using the bench, putting in Darko in what, the 2nd quarter? This is gonna be a dope season, and all ya'll Indiana fans might need to think twice about your boys getting out of the East alive (again) this year...

Indiana is the media fav but y'all still shouldn't sleep on Miami. I cant stand
    the Heat but If Walker fits in.................damn.

I may be the only true Pacers fan on this site and I'll say Artest will NOT
    be the MVP. The iz the year O'Neal establishes/cements his leadership role.

Fuck Darko(especially w/ a healthy McDyess)

Fuck Sacramento
    Fuck Lakers
    Fuck Bulls
    Fuck Timberwolves
    Fuck Philadelphia
    Fuck Utah

Golden State will take someones slot in the playoffs. Probably from one the teams mentioned above.

• It's only 2 games into the season...but with 2 road wins, Milwaukee is gaining ground on their mark of 7 road wins all last season.

I'm excited about the Bucks! Redd dropping 41 last night, the team coming back early after being down 17 or 19 points in the first quarter, TJ Ford getting into a scrap with Richard Jefferson - the Bucks are playing with much more energy with Ford back on the floor.

Bogut has look decent (granted he hasn't gone up against any big-name centers yet...that comes Saturday against Shaq).

We'll see how the Bucks perform against the Heat Saturday, then the Pacers next week.

I'm glad the NBA is back.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I thought you were his number one fan?

• I'm glad the NBA is back.

• what the fuck happened to my Grizzlies last night? we were winning, I walked across the street to the coffeeshop, was gone 10 minutes...came back home and we were 12 points down? wtf?

good to see JWill got some more shitty tattoos.

Shaq looks funny with hair.

Also, do announcers know what they are saying? I was giggling like a schoolgirl that just said "titmouse" when I heard these three phrases very close together "he just gave him a facial" "he was rimming" "reach around"

• what the fuck happened to my Grizzlies last night? we were winning, I walked across the street to the coffeeshop, was gone 10 minutes...came back home and we were 12 points down? wtf?

good to see JWill got some more shitty tattoos.

Shaq looks funny with hair.

Also, do announcers know what they are saying? I was giggling like a schoolgirl that just said "titmouse" when I heard these three phrases very close together "he just gave him a facial" "he was rimming" "reach around"

Mark Zoomoff or how ever you spell it is the Sixers TV announcer and he always used to say "dropped a duce". "Iverson dropped another deuce" and "Snow has been dropping deuces all night". That shit still cracks be up.

Bill Walton wins the award for the most annoying sports announcer in the world though. I fucking hate that guy.

Ha Ha.

You have this guy's signed jersey on your wall..................

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Ha Ha.

C'mon, man, where's that even coming from? Haven't I done enough for the cause on this very board to establish myself as a certified Lakers hatter?

Ha Ha.

C'mon, man, where's that even coming from? Haven't I done enough for the cause on this very board to establish myself as a certified Lakers hatter?

HaHa....................just insert your fav.

I'm a certified Pacers fan..........didnt you get the memo?

• CLIPPERS 101 SUPERSONICS 93 (At Seattle)

yeah,yeah i know....its early

We lost by 30 to those folls last year opening night. Not happy regardless. I wish I could have watched it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    damn lamar was 2 for 13.. ouch. he looked lost tonight. do you think he'll fit in with the triangle/be like scottie?

(i hope so, i got him in my fantasy team)

The general public thinks he's a good player. I guess for your fantasy team it'll work, cuz all you need is stats right?

Scottie was twice the player, Lamar is.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Heat? Not going to work right now. They didn't look like they knew what they were doing on offense in the second half. I saw several plays were guys go into the key and Shaq was right there on the weakside ready for a pass and dunk, but the guys put up contested shots with a guy in their face hanging on them instead. I am not a Walker fan at all. I'll go with Detroit as the monsters in the East right now, but Indiana might only be an inch behind. The Heat are pretenders to the thrown right now unless they get their style worked out.

• The Heat? Not going to work right now. They didn't look like they knew what they were doing on offense in the second half. I saw several plays were guys go into the key and Shaq was right there on the weakside ready for a pass and dunk, but the guys put up contested shots with a guy in their face hanging on them instead. I am not a Walker fan at all. I'll go with Detroit as the monsters in the East right now, but Indiana might only be an inch behind. The Heat are pretenders to the thrown right now unless they get their style worked out.

I couldn't tell if Indiana looked really good or Miami looked really bad. I think it was a little of both. When is the first Detroit Indiana game? That shit will be crazy.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The Heat? Not going to work right now. They didn't look like they knew what they were doing on offense in the second half. I saw several plays were guys go into the key and Shaq was right there on the weakside ready for a pass and dunk, but the guys put up contested shots with a guy in their face hanging on them instead. I am not a Walker fan at all. I'll go with Detroit as the monsters in the East right now, but Indiana might only be an inch behind. The Heat are pretenders to the thrown right now unless they get their style worked out.

I couldn't tell if Indiana looked really good or Miami looked really bad. I think it was a little of both. When is the first Detroit Indiana game? That shit will be crazy.

Saturday, February 4, 2006.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Where my Pistons cats at!?!? I like how they humiliated the 76ers a couple nights ago. Total shut down of Iverson.

Darko...MVP...and you better believe it!

• Where my Pistons cats at!?!? I like how they humiliated the 76ers a couple nights ago. Total shut down of Iverson.

Darko...MVP...and you better believe it!

I don't know about shut down, AI still had 31 points. Are the pistons a better team then the sixers? Yes. Can anyone really shut down AI? No.

I'll go with Detroit as the monsters in the East right now, but Indiana might only be an inch behind.

"You didn't do shit with Minnesota, Good luck with sloppy seconds,Batch."

• The East might have to watch out for the Sixers from what I'm seeing early

Cheeks appears to have these dudes playing real basketball so far.

5 in a row, batches (and will be 6 tomorrow when they double up on the T.Dot Barneys). Gotta crow about something going on in the Philly sports world... I sure as hell can't say schitt about those stankin' ass Eagurls.

• good luck to philly..always liked that team.

the kingswith their pre season additions was always gonna go off or fail miserably..looks like the latter already.this franchise has no ambition in my view..

• yesssssir. nice to have a little winning streak. this rangy hunter dude is blocking some shots. i likes that. big white is back...and sammyD shouldnt be too long coming. were looking competetive, even though were in the weakest division in basketball.

anybody on here got game? (novideogame)
    i recall soufriere talking some shit. while i normally wouldnt consider a canadian on the court, this is a new day where we got a upcountry MVP and shit

good luck to philly..always liked that team.

the kingswith their pre season additions was always gonna go off or fail miserably..looks like the latter already.this franchise has no ambition in my view..

They got the wrong kinda personnel for the kind of offense they run and Adelman and company haven't changed the offense.

Before it was high post, big man passers, moving without the ball. Beginning last season after they traded Webber and this season, it's one catch, and shoot the ball. None of the new guys, Rahim, Wells, Williamson, etc. can pass. They went from one of the most enjoyable teams to watch on offense to one of THE worst.

P.S. - Stojakavic (sp?) is a BIATCH! They'll never go anywhere with him as their best player. Guy disappears like no ones business every pos-season. Useless when the regular games are over.

P.P.S. - GO WARRIORS! With Baron Davis at only about 60% with a bad hammy, they're 5-3!

• P.S. - Stojakavic (sp?) is a BIATCH! They'll never go anywhere with him as their best player. Guy disappears like no ones business every pos-season. Useless when the regular games are over.

• Hey Gang,

Phill and Tripledouble - I like the way the Sixers have looked recently. I'm glad the Bucks got 'em on opening night - wouldn't want to play them now. I've always like Mo Cheeks, and I am rooting for him to succeed.

I'm honestly surprised the way Milwaukee has looked. I knew that the Magloire trade would help the team, but I didn't expect them to have a such a great start. The fact that they've beat Indiana and Miami (sans Shaq) and New Jersey is impressive. Though they are currently losing to the Clips, it's still early and the team has shown they can come back.

Bogut is looking decent - I was afraid they drafted a stiff, but he's been good on the boards and has shown that he can pass. TJ Ford...if he keeps up his level of play this is comeback player of the year. I was at the game against Minnesota that ended his rookie year and all of last season and was worried that if he came back that he'd hesitate and lose his quickness. That doesn't seem to be the case. Michael Redd is looking great, and hasn't faded since signing his big contract. Bobby Simmons, as much as I like Desmond Mason, is an improvement as well.

Motown - Tomorrow should be fun to watch, the Bucks owe the Warriors one!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i had absolutely no idea Kwame Brown was such a terrible basketball player.....dude is S-O-F-T....and has ZERO offensive ability.... garbage !!!

speaking of garbage........i told y'all the Sonics would suck ass....

i had absolutely no idea Kwame Brown was such a terrible basketball player.....dude is S-O-F-T....and has ZERO offensive ability.... garbage !!!

speaking of garbage........i told y'all the Sonics would suck ass....

You must not have been reading about the NBA because Kwame has been a bust since day 1. He got suspended last year from the Wizards during the playoffs because he didn't show up to practice. It turns out it was because he was having a dispute with Gilbert Arenas and claimed that he couldn't stand to be in the same room with him because Arenas wouldn't pass him the ball enough so he decided not to show up, and this was during the PLAYOFFS remember.

As for the Sonics, there were a lot of pre-season NBA mags that picked them to return to the playoffs wth probably the 8th seed. I find that hard to believe. They lost Antonio McDaniels and Jerome James, and more importantly their coach, McMillan. I don't see how they could be considered the same team as last year and make it back to the playoffs.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    He got suspended last year from the Wizards during the playoffs because he didn't show up to practice. It turns out it was because he was having a dispute with Gilbert Arenas and claimed that he couldn't stand to be in the same room with him because Arenas wouldn't pass him the ball enough so he decided not to show up, and this was during the PLAYOFFS remember.

This disgusts me. I am a huge nba fan but wasnt really keeping up with the trades

San antonio. finley. shit.

I hope this thread stay up all season.[/b]

Departing words: fuck Ostertag and the Mormon ass Jazz. Although if they hand san antonio some losses im down

is it me or is jazz the hub for white guy development in the league after stockton and the face sweeping Hornacek. We got Pagent and a host of others.

Finally Toronto's draft was shameful and there performance thus far is abysmal
    Clipper's trades boo-ya!