NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    Does anything else matter. I really don't care about NBA teams, i watch for the players. and at the end of the year im gonna be tellin evryone i told u so when my boy salim is holdin the roy trophy and a 60%+ 3p%. Dude is too sick, pullup jumpers from 30 ft!! . jus wait and c

• No way in hell will the Lakers or Memphis finish ahead of us. We lost one player (daniels) and one bum (James). from a 52 win team. That's alright, we were picked to finish with the worst record in the league last year.

you know what?....you're right about Memphis

6)La Lakers[/b]
    7)Seattle[/b]
    8)Golden State[/b]

GO LAKERS !!!!!!

6)Golden State- They could be this years Phoenix though.
    7)Seattle- Weiss better get these lazy folls playin d. Vlad needs to quit kickin it at war room in outlandish gear and discover his shot. (This foolio turned down 5 and 40!!. He's not even goin to start this year.)
    8)LA or Sac- Both of these teams have no heart but one of them will get swept by the Spurs in the 1st round.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

6)Golden State- They could be this years Phoenix though. No[/b]

7)Seattle- Weiss better get these lazy folls playin d. Vlad needs to quit kickin it at war room in outlandish gear and discover his shot. (This foolio turned down 5 and 40!!. He's not even goin to start this year.)6 spot[/b]

8)LA or Sac- Both of these teams have no heart but one of them will get swept by the Spurs in the 1st round. Sadly its gonna be the kings on their last gasp of some of that "hey we were almost great" type air. Lakers will be back as something semi-special next season (unless they pull off a blockbuster trade mid season or pick up a good aging star (Where is Spree?)[/b]

• 6)Golden State- They could be this years Phoenix though. No[/b]
    7)Seattle- Weiss better get these lazy folls playin d. Vlad needs to quit kickin it at war room in outlandish gear and discover his shot. (This foolio turned down 5 and 40!!. He's not even goin to start this year.)6 spot[/b]
    8)LA or Sac- Both of these teams have no heart but one of them will get swept by the Spurs in the 1st round. Sadly its gonna be the kings on their last gasp of some of that "hey we were almost great" type air. Lakers will be back as something semi-special next season (unless they pull off a blockbuster trade mid season or pick up a good aging star (Where is Spree?)[/b]

the kings will still take the lakers over 4 games during the season.

surprised at anyone dissing chandler looks like a future star to me.

• Strutsketbal:

Soulfadelics
    Theodore Unit
    Manute for TREY!!

• Unless San Antonio suffers an injury to Duncan or Ginobli they should win it again. Indiana, Detroit, and Miami are the best in the east. Early MVP favorites Kobe, Lebron, and Vince.

• EASTERN CONFERENCE [/b]

1)Indiana[/b]....I think they'll finish 1st in the east, but I don't see much from their guards. Reggie was the heart. Who's hitting the big 3 now? Can Tinsley really lead this squad?

2)Heat[/b]....Wade is lightening. I don't think Stan's the man to take them to the finals, though. I see them losing to Detroit in the ECF.

3)Nets[/b]...You'll are bugging overlooking them like that. Kidd is still the 2nd best PG. With Jefferson and VC both healthy, and a solid big men...plus jigga in the skybox?

4)Detroit[/b] .....It'll take them a minute to get used to flip, but they're vets. Is Big Ben still capable of containing the best centers? I think yes. I think their guards are what beats Indiana in the semis.

5)Cleveland[/b].....'bron will be MVP, but I'm sure Ilguaskus (sp?) will get hurt. I don't think they can beat Detroit.

6)Philly[/b]......a one man squad. Weber comes from one of the best passing teams ever to one of the most selfish teams ever. He's too susceptible to injury

7)Bucks[/b].....Fords back, Bogut has arrived, Redd will jack em up from all over the court. I see them contending

8)New York[/b].....Gotta go with my knicks. I hope they can gel.

I didn't put the Wiz here. Hmm, I don't know who I'd take out.

WESTERN CONFERENCE [/b]

1)San Antonio[/b]...No question. Even stronger with finley and nick the quick

2)Denver[/b]....A great TEAM. Camby and Martin up front. That's an intimidating defensive duo.

3)Phoenix[/b]...Nash is like Kidd. He'll push the pace and put the team on his back until (if) Amare comes back.

4)Houston[/b] ...What are they beyond the big 2? I'm also a bit iffy on Rafer at the point, but they'll make a better showing of it against san antonio this year.

5)Dallas[/b]....I guess Dirk will carry them like he did last year

6)La Lakers[/b].....The Kobe show. Lamar better step up.

7)Timberwolves[/b]...I like KG too much.

8)Sacramento [/b]....a great team to watch. I don't know. The bottom of the west is kinda even.

Sonics and Grizz. Sorry. Who knows.

San Antonio over Detroit...again.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

1)Indiana[/b]....I think they'll finish 1st in the east, but I don't see much from their guards. Reggie was the heart. Who's hitting the big 3 now?

That new European dude?

• 1)Indiana[/b]....I think they'll finish 1st in the east, but I don't see much from their guards. Reggie was the heart. Who's hitting the big 3 now?

That new European dude?

no. the media has clearly been overstating his talent because he's white.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I think Tim Duncan is one of the top ten players of all time.

1)Jordan
    2)Magic
    3)Bird
    4)Jerry
    5)Kareem
    6)Russell
    7)Robertson
    8)Wilt
    9)Dr
    10)Duncan
    11)Hakeem

am i crazy?

• The East might have to watch out for the Sixers from what I'm seeing early in this game tonight. Looks like C-Webb is BACK. Just into the 2nd quarter and he's already got 14 points, 7 boards, 3 assists, a steal and a block. Of course it's just into the first game but it's a good sign. Iverson's still forcing some shots but he's not dominating the ball nearly as much as I'm used to seeing him do. Mo Cheeks appears to have these dudes playing real basketball so far.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    F*ck Comcast...grrr...

• I think Tim Duncan is one of the top ten players of all time.

1)Jordan
    2)Magic
    3)Bird
    4)Jerry
    5)Kareem
    6)Russell
    7)Robertson
    8)Wilt
    9)Dr
    10)Duncan
    11)Hakeem

am i crazy?

You might be, edpowers. Wilt at #8????????? No.

I do think Duncan could be the best in the game right now... he's just so boring and plays such an old school game that people probably can't see it, but they should see the results even if there's no flash in his game.

But I think I'd put a number of dudes that aren't even on your list above Duncan, including Hakeem. You gotta raise Wilt and the Big O up higher on your list if you want to show that you are indeed mentally stable.

• Options
    You gotta raise Wilt and the Big O up higher on your list if you want to show that you are indeed mentally stable.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Nice prediction, fellas!!!! Spurs will win it again, Lakers are butt, expectations are too high for the Knicks, my Sixers will be mediocre at best (I can hope, though), Pacers run the East (with the Pistons and Heat trailing behind in that order), Cleveland's not ready yet and neither are the Bulls (with time, they may be...), the Suns will disappoint, the Rockets will be mediocre (McGrady is not a TRUE superstar), Dallas is soft and butt (Dirk Nowitski is SOOOOOOOO overrated), Golden State (eh!!!), and Seattle lacks defense which will hurt them in post-season. Teams without solid D, rebounding, and the ability to play half-court basketball will NEVER get a ring. This characterizes about 95% of the league. This leaves about 4 teams (Spurs, Pacers, Pistons, and Heat). Feel me???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SA is a very deep team once again...but I like to think detroit will beat them in a rematch of last year's finals. indy will be tough this year. i'm looking forward to some intense games. chicago? eh...hope they can get something going.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

1)Jordan

2)Magic

3)Bird

4)Jerry

5)Kareem

6)Russell

7)Robertson

8)Wilt

9)Dr

10)Duncan

11)Hakeem

it's really really hard to do lists like these, so i'm gonna make my own:

10 WARRIORS IN THE LEAGUE RIGHT NOW[/b] (in no particular order).

What I mean is, intensity on the court, will to win, 110% day in and day out, players that'll dive for a ball and take charges. basically do whatever it takes. Bottom line: They wanna win.

1) Allen Iverson[/b] (he may never win a ring, but if the last half-decade has proven anything, he is a winner in my book.)

2) Ron Artest[/b] (one of the very few players in the L that plays both sides this well.)

3) Mark Madson[/b] (if you've ever seen him play, you know what i'm talking about. the man will box out like his life depended on it. and isn't afraid to throw his body out there for the team.)

4) Kobe Bryant[/b] (#1 hated player of all-time, besides Shaq and the Mailman. But really, what more can you ask from a guy that gives 110% EVERY time on the court.)

5) Amare Stoudamire[/b] (the man has horrible vision in one eye or something right? not scared of anything. Warrior.)

6) Kevin Garnett[/b] (110% every time baby. And if you saw the season-end interview last year, you know winning means a lot to this guy.)

7) Andrei Kirilenko[/b] (literally, does it all. AK-47 all day. the heart of the Jazz squad.)

8) Rafer Alston[/b] (a personal bias of mine, but he's starting to make a name for himself in the L as well. gotta give him props. warrior.)

9) Alonzo Mourning[/b] (intensity on the court? kidney transplant? comeback? warrior? YES.)

10) Derek Fisher[/b] (the glue that kept the 3 championship Laker squads together. The man was taking charges all day like a rich man with a credit card!)

ADD MORE!!! I'd like to hear who you think are the blue-collar workers and hustlers in the league.

• Daaaaam... no Manu on that list?

yea, i was comtemplating.

aww fuck it, yea you could take Rafer off that list. haha. even though he's a baller. YES MANU.

FUCK, what the hell was I thinking. I let all the haters and band-wagon people influence my judgement.

Teams without solid D, rebounding, and the ability to play half-court basketball will NEVER get a ring. This characterizes about 95% of the league. This leaves about 4 teams (Spurs, Pacers, Pistons, and Heat). Feel me???

I FEEL YOU! (AYO). I've said this myself, NUMEROUS times also.

You could get 15,000 points, but you better get some boards and some stops too, if you wanna win it all.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Here's some problems I see with some people's picks.

1st up, I'm a Warriors fan but I think they only have about a 50-50 chance to make the playoffs. The bottom of both divisions are a total toss up but the Warriors have to deal with the fact that only Murphy and Foyle their starting PF and C can rebound. No one else can get a board so they get killed unless they play uptempo, but they can't play uptempo unless they get the ball.

Lakers - not making the playoffs. I don't care if Phil Jackson is coaching. They have no spot up shooters to space the floor, they have no post players, they have no point guard, Odom has never shown he really knows how to play with other talented players, I could go on. Here's the problem with this team and the triangle. The post is Kwame Brown who's a bust. They'll get no double teams nor consistent close in, high percentage shots with him. Mihm plays the weakside to get rebounds or worse he's the post player. Odom brings up the ball, but can't hit from outside. Kobe players the perimeter, only real shooter on the team, and one of their nameless guards plays the otherside and the coaches just pray he can hit an open shot, but probably not.

Seattle - their offense will be worse without Antonio Daniels, plus they overachieved last season. They have no Nate McMillan to get them to play that crash the boards, knock you on your butt style they had last season. Still a potential to get in the playoffs, but like the Warriors there's more ifs than yes's.

New York - I'll believe Marbury getting along with Brown when I see it.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Almost forgot, Sacramento will make the playoffs but don't expect much. They have the players on paper but they don't fit the offense that they run there. Brad Miller, Bibby and Stojakavic (sp?) are the only guys that know how to pass, move, cut, etc. Abdur Rahim and Bonzi Wells don't really move the ball, nor do any of the guys they picked up last year like Corliss Williamson, etc. They looked like crap during the playoffs last year and that's what I'm expecting from them in the post season this year. Peja is a hoax.

• New York - I'll believe Marbury getting along with Brown when I see it.

NO point guard is gonna get along with Larry Brown. But if they're smart they'll suck it up and just take the abuse, because his methods have been proven to succeed. Starbury better get his punk ass on board if he ever wants to be a winner.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    The Sixers are gonna be good this year. They'll get home court for the first round of the play-offs. AI had his best year as a pro last year and there's no reason to think he's going to fall off this year. AI and CWeb both put up over 30 yesterday and the Sixers had less than 10 turnovers going into overtime. Yeah they still lost, but they're probably THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE going into the final minute with a small lead. CWeb doesnt need to score 30 every night. Just get us that 20-10 and protect the defensive boards. Hopefully Dalembert will step up a bit this year too.

Sixers are good.

-e

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    The Sixers are gonna be good this year. They'll get home court for the first round of the play-offs. AI had his best year as a pro last year and there's no reason to think he's going to fall off this year. AI and CWeb both put up over 30 yesterday and the Sixers had less than 10 turnovers going into overtime. Yeah they still lost, but they're probably THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE going into the final minute with a small lead. CWeb doesnt need to score 30 every night. Just get us that 20-10 and protect the defensive boards. Hopefully Dalembert will step up a bit this year too.

Sixers are good.

-e

I sure hope so. I'd like to see my dawgs get it done!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The Sixers are gonna be good this year. They'll get home court for the first round of the play-offs. AI had his best year as a pro last year and there's no reason to think he's going to fall off this year. AI and CWeb both put up over 30 yesterday and the Sixers had less than 10 turnovers going into overtime. Yeah they still lost, but they're probably THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE going into the final minute with a small lead. CWeb doesnt need to score 30 every night. Just get us that 20-10 and protect the defensive boards. Hopefully Dalembert will step up a bit this year too.

Sixers are good.

-e

The 76er's did look good last night with C Webb playing better than I've seen him in a while but I was more impressed with Milwaukee!!!! It's a long season but I expect this team to surprise a lot of people. T J Ford blew past Iverson on "several" occasions and Michael Redd is cluth. Bogut had a nice opening....I'll be watching my Carolina alum tonight (May, Felton, Williams, and McCants).

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

1)Jordan
    2)Magic
    3)Bird
    4)Jerry
    5)Kareem
    6)Russell
    7)Robertson
    8)Wilt
    9)Dr
    10)Duncan
    11)Hakeem

it's really really hard to do lists like these, so i'm gonna make my own:

10 WARRIORS IN THE LEAGUE RIGHT NOW[/b] (in no particular order).
    What I mean is, intensity on the court, will to win, 110% day in and day out, players that'll dive for a ball and take charges. basically do whatever it takes. Bottom line: They wanna win.

1) Allen Iverson[/b] (he may never win a ring, but if the last half-decade has proven anything, he is a winner in my book.)
    2) Ron Artest[/b] (one of the very few players in the L that plays both sides this well.)
    3) Mark Madson[/b] (if you've ever seen him play, you know what i'm talking about. the man will box out like his life depended on it. and isn't afraid to throw his body out there for the team.)
    4) Kobe Bryant[/b] (#1 hated player of all-time, besides Shaq and the Mailman. But really, what more can you ask from a guy that gives 110% EVERY time on the court.)
    5) Amare Stoudamire[/b] (the man has horrible vision in one eye or something right? not scared of anything. Warrior.)
    6) Kevin Garnett[/b] (110% every time baby. And if you saw the season-end interview last year, you know winning means a lot to this guy.)
    7) Andrei Kirilenko[/b] (literally, does it all. AK-47 all day. the heart of the Jazz squad.)
    8) Rafer Alston[/b] (a personal bias of mine, but he's starting to make a name for himself in the L as well. gotta give him props. warrior.)
    9) Alonzo Mourning[/b] (intensity on the court? kidney transplant? comeback? warrior? YES.)
    10) Derek Fisher[/b] (the glue that kept the 3 championship Laker squads together. The man was taking charges all day like a rich man with a credit card!)

ADD MORE!!! I'd like to hear who you think are the blue-collar workers and hustlers in the league.

damn, at first i thought somehow the golden state warriors had acquired these players. i wish.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    --------

• Here's some problems I see with some people's picks.

1st up, I'm a Warriors fan but I think they only have about a 50-50 chance to make the playoffs. The bottom of both divisions are a total toss up but the Warriors have to deal with the fact that only Murphy and Foyle their starting PF and C can rebound. No one else can get a board so they get killed unless they play uptempo, but they can't play uptempo unless they get the ball.

I didn't pick the Warriors to make the playoffs, but Baron Davis is the third best PG in the league to me. Their backcourt is crazy. You're right that they Murphy is really the only dude that can rebound, but Diogu might help out...plus, Jason Richardson can actually rebound.