NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Nuff said...

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I bet you $100 that the Miami Heat will have a better record than the Spurs this year.

Just playin', I am not ready to make that bet. S.A. will be hard to beat, but I'm hopeful the dynasty will be stunted this year...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I bet you $100 that the Miami Heat will have a better record than the Spurs this year.

Buuuuullschitt.

Miami's record won't be as good as it was last year.

Spurs over Pacers in six.

• i expect chicago to improve this year..who knowswhat could happen if it all come together with sacramento(at least one player with some enthusiasm and drive??).

i can`t see past san antonio or phoenix..

Buuuuullschitt.

You think Ron is ready to carry those dudes over the hump this year?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

i can`t see past san antonio or phoenix..

Phoenix will not be a serious threat this year. Without Amare, they are much less of a team. Marion can only put up mad numbers for so long before breaking down.

• I hate to say it, but the Bulls looked like some high school intermural squad in the few pre-season games I saw.
    Really weak.
    You know Heinrich will always be solid, but these new guys were straight flapping.

Heart condition or not, I already miss Eddy Curry.
    Fuck Tyson Chandler.

Buuuuullschitt.

MVP

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    EASTERN CONFERENCE [/b]

1)Indiana[/b]....This years champion

2)Miami[/b]....too many egos to win it all

3)Detroit[/b]...the loss of Brown will only hurt them in the playoffs

4)Boston[/b] ......slowly building

5)New Jersey[/b].....same old Nets

6)Cleveland.[/b]......one or two role players away from being a serious contender

7)Philadelphia[/b].....Webber is done...nuff said

8)New York[/b].....the future of this team is scary...young and talented..but no chemistry ,no leader ,the Knicks will be a monster in 3 years if they can keep it together

WESTERN CONFERENCE [/b]

1)San Antonio[/b]...cake walk until they meet the Pacers in the Finals

2)Denver[/b]....Karl has made them a contender

3)Houston[/b]...not really a Rockets fan ..but they'll win on talent alone

4)Phoenix[/b] ...slow start...strong finish....the long season last year,injuries and trades will hurt them early

5)Dallas[/b]....not really a #5 team ..but who else is better?

6)La Lakers[/b].....The Zen master is back...Bynum will be a beast in 3 or 4 years..rebuilding for a push in 3 years but management wont admit it

7)Golden State[/b]...something is missing...i'm not sure what it is

8)Memphis/Sacramento [/b]....both teams suck...but they both MUST make the playoffs..they will fight for the last spot

sorry Seattle...Ray got his money so he's on cruise control now

DISCUSS.......

Buuuuullschitt.

MVP

Buuuuullschitt.

MVP

Thaaaaaat's riiiiiight!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I hate to say it, but the Bulls looked like some high school intermural squad in the few pre-season games I saw.
    Really weak.
    You know Heinrich will always be solid, but these new guys were straight flapping.

Heart condition or not, I already miss Eddy Curry.
    Fuck Tyson Chandler.

I hate to say it, but I agree. The Curry debacle seems like a small step back rather than a foot forward. It pains me to see Curry, the hometown product, not be able to work it out with the Bulls, but it was pretty much a stalemate. And, what the hell happened with Antonio Davis? The Knicks were supposedly going to release him as part of the deal, but then kept him anyway?

I could see them eventually hitting some strides in the second half, especially if Gordon and Deng sizably improve and Sweetney works out. But, unfortuately, it looks like the Bulls won't truly be a force for a couple more years.

Their division looks like one of the toughest as well, with pretty much everybody -- the Pacers, Bucks and Cavs -- improving and the Pistons still strong.

• the kings will finish in the top 3 in their division.they are certainly better than the grizzlies.

wouldn`t be surprised to see a repeat of this years finals.play-offs is all about the defense and pistons and san antonio can`t be matched in that..

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

WE GON BE BLINGIN DIS YEAR DUNN!

• wouldn`t be surprised to see a repeat of this years finals.play-offs is all about the defense and pistons and san antonio can`t be matched in that..

Although I like Indiana a lot in the East, I think I may agree with you here, badder_than_evil. Detroit may not be as solid on D without Larry Brown's tutelage, but they'll make up for it with added offense now that THIS dude will finally be seeing the light of day...

You heard it here first... DARKO MILICIC. MVP.[/b]

• wouldn`t be surprised to see a repeat of this years finals.play-offs is all about the defense and pistons and san antonio can`t be matched in that..

Although I like Indiana a lot in the East, I think I may agree with you here, badder_than_evil. Detroit may not be as solid on D without Larry Brown's tutelage, but they'll make up for it with added offense now that THIS dude will finally be seeing the light of day...

don`t agree with me phill! - i`m just an englishman who`s lived here for 3 years and been watching for the same amount of time.

real football =

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    wouldn`t be surprised to see a repeat of this years finals.play-offs is all about the defense and pistons and san antonio can`t be matched in that..

Finally, someone's got the 'nads to say it!

6th Man of the Year! LOL

Dude's garbage.

BUST ![/b] Cant wait to see this train wreck

Dude's garbage.

you are being racist

• clippers foll

seriously ..hating on Darko is kinda suspect if you ask me...and i think it's only done because he's a white dude...he's not garbage..but he's not that good either...dude has serious potential (it's only his 3rd year)..his footwork is his biggest problem

2001:Tyson Chandler

2000:Stromile Swift

both #2 picks before Darko that are certified garbage...but no hate for them

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    clippers foll

they got ugly now, so they'll be winning quite a few more games now. Love that dude.

be back for more comments later!

seriously ..hating on Darko is kinda suspect if you ask me...and i think it's only done because he's a white dude...he's not garbage..but he's not that good either...dude has serious potential (it's only his 3rd year)..his footwork is his biggest problem

2001:Tyson Chandler
    2000:Stromile Swift

both #2 picks before Darko that are certified garbage...but no hate for them

Man, I don't really see how you can call those dudes garbage and say Darko's not. The best thing you can say about dude is that he is an unknown quantity/has untapped potential. However, I stand by my position that, as of now, dude's garbage.

You were so mad at me impugning him that you had to make two posts?

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Although I am a Lakers fan I doubt they're going to do much this year (let's be real). San Antonio is my pick and as far as the East I'm rooting for Detroit & Indiana. I'm throwing up a big "F*ck You" to Miami - can't stand Shaq - Zo needs to retire (again) - and adding Walker, Payton and Williams is only gonna hurt them. They had the chemistry before and the addition of these 3 d*ckheads is only going to weaken the team (wtf? why mess that up). Plus I think Van Gundy gets way too much credit as a coach... Bring back Pat Riley biyaches!

• I'm not even gon' front like I know the NBA as much as I like to think I know the NFL, but this what I think it's gon' be this season...

EASTERN CONFERENCE [/b]

1)Indiana[/b]....Hard to beat with rap superstar Ron "Oh Yeah" Artest back on the court.

2)Detroit[/b]....I might elevate them to No.1, just not sure what effect Flip Saunders will have on the team.

3)Miami[/b]...I could see tweaking the roster, but to overhaul it??? If Dwayne Wade hadn't gotten injured in the playoffs they might have taken it last year, so why so many big, dramatic changes? I really worry about team chemistry now.

4)Cleveland[/b] ......Lebron is the future, mane. And he's got some solid dudes on the team with him now. Ilgauskas, Hughes, Gooden, and Snow as the general (he will excel on a team where he's just needed to play d and run the offense, unlike Philly where they needed him to score, too)... that's a damn good starting 5. Based on Bron's sheer talent alone, he could take them even higher.

5)New York[/b].....this is based purely on my respect for Larry Brown's coaching genius. They've got a talented starting 5, and I think Brown will figure out ways to make them as effective as possible. That's if Curry doesn't have a heart attack or something.

6)Washington[/b]......Losing Larry Hughes will be big, but Arenas has enough help that I think they'll win some games.

7)New Jersey[/b].....Not feelin' the Nets. Vince Carter... just not championship material. Basically, he's a pussy.

8)Philadelphia[/b].....As great a talent as Iverson is, I just can't see a team with him as being a real threat to win the championship. He better get the ball in Webber's hands more this year instead of his usual routine of dominating the ball for the majority of the 24 second clock. Igoudala has superstar talent if they can get the ball away from the other AI and into his hands more often.

WESTERN CONFERENCE [/b]

1)San Antonio[/b]...How can they not be stronger now that they've added Finley, an all-star talent who will gladly be humble and not upset the program, and Nick Van Exel, who may not be so humble but I think understands his role on this team and will conform in order to get that ring. Every single player, starters and bench, are solid contributors. Unfuckwittable, mang.

2)Denver[/b]....I think I may agree with this. Carmelo hasn't gotten off to a stellar start in the NBA, but he is definitely championship material. He won't win it this year, but Denver's on the right path.

3)Seattle[/b]...After San Antonio the west is just a toss up... it almost doesn't even matter, nobody's beating the Spurs. I'll pick seattle here (who, as an east-coaster who rarely sees them play I really know very little about) just because I have my doubts about most of these other teams.

4)Sacramento[/b] ...a lot of talent, could easily end up higher than this 4 spot.

5)Houston[/b]....They've got Yao and a lot of talented players, but i can't see them as Finals material. McGrady is as talented as they come, but will NEVER win a title. Skip running the point? Might win a Ruckers championship, that about it.

6)La Lakers[/b].....I'm predicting that this will be the beginning of a very good new partnership between Kobe and Phil Jackson. Just as long as Phil knows his place and realizes that the guy that REALLY runs the franchise wears #8!

7)Phoenix[/b]...Losing Amare for the season will be too much. You can say all day that Steve Nash deserved that MVP last year, and I won't argue. But I think we all know who's the real monster on that team.

8)Golden State[/b]....Might as well pick them for that last spot, although I can't imagine another postseason with no Kevin Garnett. Dallas is trash IMO. Not feelin' Memphis or Utah too much, either. I'm a big B. Davis fan, but the Warriors better hope they can get some quality minutes out of their bench or they will not make the playoffs again.

That's my ... for what it's worth like sergio mendes.

Man, I don't really see how you can call those dudes garbage and say Darko's not.

Because those dudes have been EVERYDAY players for the past 2/3 years and they still look like shit

You were so mad at me impugning him that you had to make two posts?

nah ...i just clicked reply instead of edit by mistake

I do agree with your Artest prediction though

• EASTERN CONFERENCE [/b]

6)La Lakers[/b].....The Zen master is back...Bynum will be a beast in 3 or 4 years..rebuilding for a push in 3 years but management wont admit it
    8)Memphis/Sacramento [/b]....both teams suck...but they both MUST make the playoffs..they will fight for the last spot

DISCUSS.......

No way in hell will the Lakers or Memphis finish ahead of us. We lost one player (daniels) and one bum (James). from a 52 win team. That's alright, we were picked to finish with the worst record in the league last year.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    EASTERN CONFERENCE [/b]

2)Miami[/b]....too many egos to win it all
    3)Detroit[/b]...the loss of Brown will only hurt them in the playoffs
    4)Boston[/b] ......slowly building
    5)New Jersey[/b].....same old Nets
    6)Cleveland.[/b]......one or two role players away from being a serious contender
    7)Philadelphia[/b].....Webber is done...nuff said
    8)New York[/b].....the future of this team is scary...young and talented..but no chemistry ,no leader ,the Knicks will be a monster in 3 years if they can keep it together

WESTERN CONFERENCE [/b]

1)San Antonio[/b]...cake walk until they meet the Pacers in the Finals
    2)Denver[/b]....Karl has made them a contender
    3)Houston[/b]...not really a Rockets fan ..but they'll win on talent alone
    4)Phoenix[/b] ...slow start...strong finish....the long season last year,injuries and trades will hurt them early
    5)Dallas[/b]....not really a #5 team ..but who else is better?

I am going to rub this in your face come June

No Seattle in the playoffs?!?!

Lakers a 5 spot?!?!

New York actually making something happen so they can gt in the play?!?!

SO SO WRONG[/b]

No way in hell will the Lakers or Memphis finish ahead of us. We lost one player (daniels) and one bum (James). from a 52 win team. That's alright, we were picked to finish with the worst record in the league last year.

you know what?....you're right about Memphis

6)La Lakers[/b]
    7)Seattle[/b]
    8)Golden State[/b]

GO LAKERS !!!!!!