Comments

• Options

K in Canada.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Winter wear shopping finds:

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    fany as fuk

• Winter wear shopping finds:

but yo...it's barely the weekend and dudes are doing "weekened thread" finds? deeyum.....I may have to hit the "spots".

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Got this 3$ Eddie condon "For discriminating jazz fans"

And can anyone help with this find
    Phantoms:Veye ya toumbe

Its a african punk record released in miami through joy distribution
    By the lyricks on the insert i think it would be West African
    However found nothing online
    their logo is

They had their mastering in NY so I dont know, maybe its known. Picked it up for my black/revolution side project... Peace

• fany as fuk

Seriously, how are you gonna be a baller with clothes like that? They don't take credit cards at the mall?

but yo...it's barely the weekend and dudes are doing "weekened thread" finds? deeyum.....I may have to hit the "spots".

Weekend started yesterday, dood. Get yer dig on!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

I was all excited to find a Swans record I didn't actually have already but it turns out I did...different pressing though so I'll keep it. The Joe McPhee came in the mail today from ebay...most I've ever paid for a record by a mile but whatever, it was worth it.

Oh and I got some free 45s:

Jackie Moore- Make Me Feel Like a Woman/Singing Funky Music Turns Me On 45 (Kayvette)
    Brook Benton- Do Your Own Thing/I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself 45 (Cotillion)
    Parliament- Flash Light Mono/Stereo 45 (Casablanca)
    The Staple Singers- Let's Do It Again/After Sex 45 (Curtom)
    Denise La Salle- What it Takes To Get a Good Woman (That's What It's Gonna Take to Keep Her)/Making a Good Thing Better 45 (Westbound)
    Denise La Salle- Man Sized Job/I'm Over You 45 (Westbound)
    Kool & the Gang- Funky Stuff/More Funky Stuff 45 (De-Lite)
    Luther Ingram- My Honey and Me/I Can't Stop 45 (Ko Ko Records)
    Charlene- I've Never Been to Me Mono/Stereo 45 (Prodigal) The Esquires- You've Got the Power/No Doubt About It 45 (Wand)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

From "America's Thrift Store" - I always drop in these when I pass by one, but never seem to come up with much. This time was no different, typical thrift store dreck, but I can't complain since they were all clean & less than a dollar:

Sergio Mendes - Favorite Things

Joe Williams - That Kind of Girl

Tommy James & Shondells - Cellophane Symphony

Some private local gospel thing from the 70's that is pretty good

Some private local pop cover band thing from the 70's that has a loungey cover of "Sunshine of My Life" and a decent "funk" (their attempt) song, amid some of the worst covers I have ever heard of "Exodous," etc..

Johnny Paycheck (noGRNYC) - Live at Carnegie Hall

Sammi Smith - Help Me Make It Through the Night

Beethoven - Beethoven's Head - has anyone seen these? Classical records on the Orphic Egg label from the ealry 70's, that have full back cover liner notes by Lester Bangs[/b]!! Example from Beethoven's Head:

Side Two[/b]
    1. Coriolanus Overture

As even Herman's Hermits and Cannibal and the Headhunters know, side two is just as important as side one. You need a getoff gasser to open the door. Well, if "Coriolanus" don't grab you by the yarbles and shake you just as hard as old "Prometheus", it can only indicate that you are so stunned by side one as to be rendered senseless. If so, go recuperate with some Black Sabbath and epsom salts.
    We'll wait.
    No, we won't. I lied just so we could get rid of the psychic sadsacks and crank this Beethoven Boogie up full throttle.

• arrivals in the mail from the last few weeks of record purchases/ebay winnings.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    James K. Nine is a nice pull on 45. Those labels all look stock, too.

Is the one on Steady really hot? I have a few things on that label, but they are mostly Ken Lazarus, which are ok but pretty when all is said and done, and Eddie Lovett "Too Experienced" which is nice & soulful, but also fairly common.

• yea the steady 45 is pretty hot.. - its actually a reggae cover of "son of a preacherman"

• yea the steady 45 is pretty hot.. - its actually a reggae cover of "son of a preacherman"

I have this but it's on "Hour Glass." Is the flip "That's How Strong My Love Is?"

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    why you guys hatin on 'naldo's gear? that shit is fuckin FRESH! and expensive! i bet that dude pulls MAD hoes

• why you guys hatin on 'naldo's gear? that shit is fuckin FRESH! and expensive! i bet that dude pulls MAD hoes

Shit is kind of busted (but the jacket is all right). The two tone on the hat looks like some four year old Hannah Anderson gear. Step up your clothing game, record dude

I have this but it's on "Hour Glass." Is the flip "That's How Strong My Love Is?"

yup!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I left written instructions to my friends and family: if they ever find me posting my wear shopping finds on the net they must run over me with a truck.

• and a second issue (1972) copy of this...

now, on to the record convention to chew up the

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    why you guys hatin on 'naldo's gear? that shit is fuckin FRESH! and expensive! i bet that dude pulls MAD hoes

Shit is kind of busted (but the jacket is all right). The two tone on the hat looks like some four year old Hannah Anderson gear. Step up your clothing game, record dude
    are you joking?

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    wanda robinson - black ivory...off ebay, and not a bad price either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4784616997&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

also waiting for the pierre henry's electronic jerks.

just got a boombox for halloween costume at goodwill, and copped "music for zen meditation" on verve. dollarbincommon, but pretty cool.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

This is essentially only one 'fit in about six different colors.

My question: what happens if halfway through the winter you realize that the 'fit is not as hot as had been believed at the time of purchase?

are you joking?

Rey has an admirer...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

My question: what happens if halfway through the winter you realize that the 'fit is not as hot as had been believed at the time of purchase?
    Good question. If that happens, I guess I'll have to go on another shopping spree.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

BOO-YAAAAAAAAAA!

Good question. If that happens, I guess I'll have to
    go on another shopping spree buy a second outfit.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

BOO-YAAAAAAAAAA!

Good question. If that happens, I guess I'll have to go on another shopping spree.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Schnipper killed it with the Hannah Anderson??? reference. I think your next 'zine' needs to be about various items from your wardrobe.