Weekend Finds Oct.29-30

Comments

• oh yeah weekend finds from a nice walk in san francisco that coincidentally ended at groove merchant:

roland haynes-second wave

king james edition (private press jazz with two funky cuts)

duo infinity

ted moses-the farther you go the farther you see

dave pike-riff for rent

and in the mail

howard wales rendezvous with the sun (good present to myself)

east coast-s/t (encounter) been listening to this one all day, very nice shit. the singing by gwen guthrie is very competent. "you can't let it get you down" is a monster.

oh yeah also they had in a copy of eddie robinson-inside you (sp) on myrh for 35. i listened to it and it's some great soul/gospel but i didn't have multiple reynaldos on me. should i have bought it ? what does this one usually go for ?

dave

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    these are fire. and thats not a matter of opinion.

I AM SAYING

Must be an NY thing. To me they look like someone envisioned a shoe wearing a three-piece suit from Goodwill.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I love shoestrut.com. And yeah man, those are the heat right there and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to cop.

there is no color motif that i can see

Also works with black leather thanks to the laces and the swoosh, so you don't have to switch out your watch, belt, jacket, etc.

I love shoestrut.com. And yeah man, those are the heat right there and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to cop.

those shoes are kind of hot but they are totally asymetrical, there is no color motif that i can see, every surface is a different color. sort of like the person that planned them was sitting around "lets make every surface a different material and color all the urban negros will love them !" great idea. now we get the plans out to indonesia where workers making 30 cents an hour can make them.

ah we'll make millions.

although if nikes fit my feet i'd probably get those.

WTF................those shits are trash.
    Wtf is up w/ the corduroy sidings..............

Random Kicks

The sidings are plastic, not corduroy, that WOULD be hideous.

Dude, you my dude and all, but you rock converse

NO DOUbt

• Holy shit you guys are all record collectors

Holy shit you guys are all record collectors

I dont see why there's a distinction.

ps........that aint me.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Adidas is all about the Stan Smiths.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Try these:

or these:

I see these as an extension of the popularized line of dunks/air force ones/air max colorful shits for sneakerheads and the masses. i ain't mad at people for wearin' em. i'm just reluctant to buy these types of sneakers myself because of the surge in popularity these last 5 years.

but "certified classics" they are not though. Nike started with basketball shoes.

CLASSICS:

get wid it.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    you guys have horrible taste in clothes and shoes. reys shit is ON POINT. those shoes paycheck posted are nasty. i wanna see a white dude come to pittsburgh with those on so he can get clowned

• You guys are out of your league right now.

• for a couple of bucks...

And a copy of Hustlers Convention.

Long time want list cross off...
    Trades are the ish
    thanks J***

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    You guys are out of your league right now.

Thank god! I rather not be in the garishly complicated shoe league.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Holy shit you guys are all record collectors

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

C'mon now--those are Reeboks.

Try these:

or these:

I see these as an extension of the popularized line of dunks/air force ones/air max colorful shits for sneakerheads and the masses. i ain't mad at people for wearin' em. i'm just reluctant to buy these types of sneakers myself because of the surge in popularity these last 5 years.

but "certified classics" they are not though. Nike started with basketball shoes.

Co-Sign.......you hit it right on the nail!!!!!

BUT

CLASSICS:

U R Buggin w/ those

Nike actually started w/ running and then moved to B-Ball.

You've been here before.

• Did anyone find records this week? There's a fashion frenzy going down!

prosthetic shoes and shit.

LOL... like they come with a mannequin foot?

those shoes are kind of hot but they are totally asymetrical, there is no color motif that i can see, every surface is a different color.

[/fingersnap & neckroll]

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    oh...haha. but you get my point. first and foremost Nike catered to athletes.
    i ain't a sneakerhead, so this discussion is DEF out of my league.

and yes, those shit's are classics, FOLL! That Air Penny was definitely one of the kicks that everyone had in the mid-90s in Los Angeles atleast. and the air flight 88s...i bought the retros, but man, those are some superb kicks, performance-wise.

• Did anyone find records this week? There's a fashion frenzy going down!

This weekend I stumbled into or tripped over Eddie Drennon, Lowrell, United States Of America, and other shit.

I copped a 7 Minutes Of Funk 12" and Joe Quijano "Do Their Own Thing" on Cesta.

BUT THAT IS NOTHING. WE NEED A MAJOR FASHION INTERVENTION FOR THESE DUDES!!!

• prosthetic shoes and shit.

LOL... they come with a mannequin foot?

A few years back I lived in a warehouse with some folks and our psycho religious neighbors called the cops on us claiming they saw us put a dead body into a trunk of a car. The cops came with a warrent and searched our house for dead bodies.
    We had a manequin leg with a sock and a New Balence on it sticking out of two mattresses on a loft we built. Shit looked totally real! 8 cops were looking all over our house and finally one cop from across the room spotted the leg hanging out of the mattresses. He nearly shit himself and screamed "I found it! Get in here!" All of my roomates and I started laughing our asses off.

Did anyone find records this week? There's a fashion frenzy going down!

"NO, NO RECORDS DISCUSSED ON THE STRUT"

and yes, those shit's are classics, FOLL! That Air Penny was definitely one of the kicks that everyone had in the mid-90s in Los Angeles atleast.

THESE ARE THE CLASSICS SON............

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

A few years back I lived in a warehouse with some folks and our psycho religious neighbors called the cops on us claiming they saw us put a dead body into a trunk of a car. The cops came with a warrent and searched our house for dead bodies.
    We had a manequin leg with a sock and a New Balence on it sticking out of two mattresses on a loft we built. Shit looked totally real! 8 cops were looking all over our house and finally one cop from across the room spotted the leg hanging out of the mattresses. He nearly shit himself and screamed "I found it! Get in here!" All of my roomates and I started laughing our asses off.

Believe it or not, I had a very similar event happen to me - I was on my day off from work, went out to get some lunch, came home and found all these cop cars around my house. I should have just kept walking and pretended not to live there, but how can you ignore cops all over your house? I was afraid something terrible had happened. When I approached them they said the guy who had come to read the gas meter in the basement had called 911 and reported a woman upstairs screaming as if she were being murdered...I was like, "I'm the only one home today, and nobody has been murdered." They still wanted to search...unfortunately, we had hosted a "haunted house" in our basement earlier that year, and never taken it apart...the cops started coming out my basement with bloody machetes, (fake)blood-covered sheets, chains and manacles, you name it - I of course started laughing, "oh haha that's not what it seems like..." but got that cop "ain't nothing to laugh at here, son" To make an already too long story short, they ended up smashing the door down of the girl who lives upstairs apartment, finding nobody home but confiscating a bag of pot and sending her a summons, and it turned out the "murder" the guy had heard was the last track on the Eminem "Marshall Mathers" LP where he kills his girlfriend and buries her, played really loudly while dude was reading the meter...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    and yes, those shit's are classics, FOLL! That Air Penny was definitely one of the kicks that everyone had in the mid-90s in Los Angeles atleast.

This shit iz becoming ridikulous...........

Region and age must play a part in this shit.

Classic like these survive:

Those joints above look like muthafuckin undercover cop sneakers.

Those joints above look like muthafuckin undercover cop sneakers.

I'm glad somebody put this out there.

I knew as soon as I met that dude Noz that there was something funny about him--from his stiff-legged posture, to his tight acid washed jeans, to his overuse of dated slang...

"EW!"

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    do you guys play basketball or do you just wear basketball sneakers to giant robot store openings?