Weekend Finds Oct.29-30

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Foamposites, i've never worn them myself, but real heads say it is an excellent shoe. Region and age is definitely a factor when it comes to taste. A lot of LA folks who played ball in the mid 90s will tell you the Air Penny is a classic because of it's clean design and comfortable fit.

alright, now get back to Weekend Finds you foolios!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    do you guys play basketball or do you just wear basketball sneakers to giant robot store openings?

What year r u in?

• Adidas is all about the Stan Smiths.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Did anyone find records this week? There's a fashion frenzy going down!

"NO, NO RECORDS DISCUSSED ON THE STRUT"

DISCUSS.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Did anyone find records this week? There's a fashion frenzy going down!

"NO, NO RECORDS DISCUSSED ON THE STRUT"

DISCUSS.

Your ability to stand firm in the face of a complete lack of information about condition other than "I LISTENED ALL TO BE SURE ABOUT THE CONDITION BUT KEEP ON MIND THAT THIS RECORD IS ABOUT 30 YEARS OLD IN OTHER CASES MORE OLD" and a seller feedback rating of "0" confirms that you are rapidly approaching great collectro status.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Indeed.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    What year r u in?

while i don't quite understand your attempt at a counter zing, i'm guessing that it means i struck a nerve.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    record dudes + fashion = oil + water

• Options
    A lady just brought this over to my place along with 100 other 45's I'll be listening to for the rest of the night.

Kinda funny seeing as I was tracking one on eBay to purchase (currently at $78, and likely to go higher)

Who's got pape's?, K.

• A lady just brought this over to my place along with 100 other I'll be listening to for the rest of the night.

Who's got pape's?, K.

• damn, that's my jam KL! ritchie mcdonald .. glen brown prod. so clean ..

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    A few rackords from the crappy record show this morning-

The Sons of Truth- "a message from the ghetto" on the gospel truth
    Gary Bartz- "singerella a ghetto fairy tale" on prestige
    Tom Scott- "rural still life" on impulse
    Joe Marillo quartet- "lady caroline" private jazz jawn

• Nothing major as of late.A bunch of Charles Ives.Some good way-underpriced "classic jazz" finds.A couple of decent trades,but THIS is the highlight of my recent finds:

I just couldn't pass this up for $3.I know,I know AYO! for days...

Musically it starts out as "avant garde dark piano noodling with gongs"like an obscure CRI label release or any number of private avant garde nonsense lp's.But then the "torture" starts:the moans,groans and caterwailing just become too much making it one of the most truly demented records I've ever heard.File under"see if Thurston Moore needs it". Actually this is a keeper.

web page

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    wow jerms, you didn't mention this "find" from your birthday party, friday night?

i think i had a little better luck at the same record show today... all these jamaican 45's for $25 total.

• Options
    wow jerms, you didn't mention this "find" from your birthday party, friday night?

i think i had a little better luck at the same record show today... all these jamaican 45's for $25 total.

What are the matrix numbers of the 6th, 7th, 9th and 11th records?

Inquiring mind wants to ID, KL.

• Winter wear shopping finds:

do you present kiddies tv shows??

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Round-up:

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    A few rackords from the crappy record show this morning-

Did you go to the Raritan, NJ record show?
    I spent several hours there this morning & didn't pull much....
    of course, I didn't have much to spend either.

Did buy copies of
    The Soul Congress - The Playboy Shuffle 45
    Woody Herman - Fat Mama 45

and Friday afternoon stopped by the local record shop & bought
    Ramsey Lewis Trio - Another Voyage LP on Cadet, which is quite nice.

• not really feeling the black ones, but those are decent.

these p-rods are nice imo:

gucci's

i got them for $58 about 5 months ago.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Try these:

or these:

At the risk of creating a whole new New Balance backlash, I gotta say...THOSE ARE FUGLY.

And here's some ammo so you can bash my taste in footwear, I just bought these:

I know, I know...they look kinda funny right here but trust me, when I rock 'em with jeans...

...they look oh-so-fly. Usually 'N's' on my feet make my cipher complete, but sometimes you got switch things up a bit, you know?

(Funny story: I had 'em sent to my office. When my manager saw they weren't Newbies, she said "Oh my God! You're CROSSDRESSING!!!")

Herm

these p-rods are nice imo:

gucci's

I wanted to get some Newbies made from Mexican blankets like this, those damn Nike dudes beat me to it:

http://www.hypebeast.com/archives/2005/10/nike_mexican_bl.php#002264

• I know, I know...they look kinda funny right here but trust me, when I rock 'em with jeans...

did someone say FUGLY

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Three weekend finds, and one arrival.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Three weekend finds, and one arrival.

nice scoop on the Del Jones, hommie!!!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Winter wear shopping finds:

you guys have horrible taste in clothes and shoes. reys shit is ON POINT. those shoes paycheck posted are nasty. i wanna see a white dude come to pittsburgh with those on so he can get clowned

This has gotta be a joke. Those threads are bland as fuck. And the shoes are whatever.

Get down with some paul smith, Ted Baker, or Marc, or some fucking shit from Cloak. That shit is money.

Your "baller" status is fully in question here. That polo gear is for the kiddie pool. I feel you've got the potential though.

Fucking hilarious. Carry on.

Side note: I FOUND 3-MINT JAMES BROWN RECORDS IN PLAINFIELD, VT on the way back from the mountain.

-The Payback

-Hell

-Reality

All $1, very stoked.

• Options
    Ted Baker,

Listen to Nate kids.

Ted Baker,

Listen to Nate kids.

Ain't that the dude from Too Close For Comfort?