TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    The red card ended our chances early… somebody commented online that maybe Arteta’s hyper excited persona transmits a little too much to the players. Watching him and maybe he does let his frustrations show too much.

Anyway, if we win our final two games we finish above Spurs. Thing is our form has been poor. The game before the derby we beat Leeds but played awful and were hanging on against 10 men. Aside from injuries a few players seem really out of form for whatever reason.

Squeaky bum time.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I do feel for Arsenal, but they need better players, as last night proved.  If you have aspirations of hearing "The Champ....yonnsssss" blasting out of the speakers at home, you have to outplay Newcastle.  I know they have big dreams but they are still, on paper, a side you should be dispatching.

Maybe I am being miserable but I still think City's season is a failure, regardless of winning the prem or not.  I think Arteta expects the same standards.

We had a hot spell just after Christmas, lost momentum when Partey got injured, and stability when both fullbacks were injured. All fit, I think we beat Spurs, but it’s little excuse as they’ve not looked up for it in recent weeks.

Saka is a good barometer of how the team is faring, and tbh, bar the odd flash of genius he’s been mediocre for a few months now. Weirdly, Xhaka has improved at the same rate the rest of the team has sucked balls.

Europa is still an achievement, I hope we aren’t plundered and there’s some attacking investment made for next season.

Interesting weekend.

Good luck Deh 'Pool for Saturday.  Would appreciate a Panenka should the opportunity arise.

Was a good finale. Very happy to see Leeds stay up, to a lesser extent Everton as well.

Forest on track for a return to the Prem?

Living in Nottingham, I sense the time is right.

They are a selling club and have kind of sorted out the finances that saw them dwell in the Championship for 20(?) years, but more key, got a squad this season who have gelled quickly and have a working plan.  I sense mass poaching of their better players if they don't win the promotion final in Wembley on Sunday.  Then they are a couple of steps back again without a familiar squad.

Good to see the headbutt "Fan" is banged up for a two stretch innit. 

Clough would be proud (and probably a bit drunk, but we’ll ignore that bit).

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    just discovered a rapper form South Central LA that's apparently been taking his shit to the-brits.com for his entire career

Jimsterklezmer electro-thug beats

Cannigia had some hair on him, no?  Youth would have made millions on shampoo endorsements these days.

Di Maria has a good face for radio.
    ppadilha

when Maradona's wife got older it was hard to tell the difference between her and Caniggia. He could've easily been a member of Bon Jovi BITD tho.

A friend of mine is disappointed that dude's EP devoted to Denmark doesn't have even a shout out to Stig Tøfting

ppadilha said:
    A friend of mine is disappointed that dude's EP devoted to Denmark doesn't have even a shout out to Stig Tøfting

Ha - Stig was a bit too handy with the shithousery to be classed as a great.  No help to a team when you are constantly carded out of it.  That's where I think Fernandinho shines - not getting sent off.  I'll miss him.

Bolton actually upped the shithouse ante with the one El Hadji Diouf once Stig left.  I think Stig headbutted staff when he was on holiday (googles... it was a Danish cafe owner) but yeah, you have to pick your battles subtly.  Diouf brought that African shithousery with him - spitting, nail-gouging... Tetanus jabs all-round.

My Danish old-skool hero was Preben Elkjær.  Mainly because it was the first time I'd seen "æ" on a sticker.

I first encountered Stig on a Panini sticker and the look on his face was the stuff of nightmares

Lot of chat about Haaland going to be a flop.  Never played a minute in the prem and all that.
    IIRC, neither has Darwin Núñez.

Haaland seems to be doing OK in these internationals.  Of course, the level of players is less than the prem, right?

happy to see that In-ger-land's World Cup preparations are going according to plan
    DuderonomyJimster

Jimster said:
    Lot of chat about Haaland going to be a flop.  Never played a minute in the prem and all that.

Haaland seems to be doing OK in these internationals.  Of course, the level of players is less than the prem, right?

Haaland has some pressure to be a slam-dunk from day 1, but I think most people realise he’s obviously going to be good.

As a lower-food-chain feeder I shouldn’t care, but I still get a frisson of pleasure from reading that a/any team has beaten Manure to the signing of a player.

Just don’t sign Jesus, Arteta. Please.

Jimster said:

Just don’t sign Jesus, Arteta. Please

Jesus was never going to be Agüero 2.0 ... and never under Pep, where the midfielders are doing the Number 9 lifting too - but I would trust Arteta to know enough about him from his City coaching days to justify giving him a go. What would you rather see, then?

Jimster said:

I think some of this is based on Ibra at Barcelona having been a flop, but you could look at Lewandowski at Pep's Bayern to see that he can play a straight up striker sometimes.

Haaland's got that whole goal-scoring cyborg vibe about him though, so I think anything below 40 goals in his first season will feel like a disappointment.

Tielemans would be a good signing for Arsenal. If they get Jesus they might still need a striker-striker that can bang 'em in, unless all the hobbits start scoring more.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Next season is going to be interesting seeing how all these transfers play out. Sad to see Mane go. Hoping Nunez makes the transition. Looking forward to watching Haaland play in the prem (Tho, I wish not well for Liverpool sake).

My city got awarded a few games for the next world cup. So I'm hyped on that. Now I just need to suck it up and spend $$$ to get some seats when the lottery happens.

Jimster

DOR said:
    Next season is going to be interesting seeing how all these transfers play out. Sad to see Mane go. Hoping Nunez makes the transition. Looking forward to watching Haaland play in the prem (Tho, I wish not well for Liverpool sake).

My city got awarded a few games for the next world cup. So I'm hyped on that. Now I just need to suck it up and spend $$$ to get some seats when the lottery happens.

Wait - explain! Where is WC 2026?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

World Cup 2026 host cities revealed, with 11 venues in U.S., 3 in Mexico and 2 in Canada

Toronto is one!

Duderonomy

ppadilha said:
    happy to see that In-ger-land's World Cup preparations are going according to plan

Qatar Fan Zones will be interesting...  You will be able to buy a pint but being drunk in public is a crime there.

"Careful with that teargas, Fahad..."

Jimster said:
    ppadilha said:

Qatar Fan Zones will be interesting...  You will be able to buy a pint but being drunk in public is a crime there.

"Careful with that teargas, Fahad..."

Have those most worthy and enlightened hosts been informed that should a man turn to his companion and embrace the fellow at the scoring of a particularly rambunctious goal in stoppage time, nay, plant a kiss on his forehead or cheek after having thrown his sacrilegious alcohol into the air, that this should not be misconstrued as some form of Teh Gayness?

Small blessings that Diego is not going to be there to have his hand of God removed.

DOR said:

I was in Porto Alegre for 2014, and should be in Los Angeles for 2026.

Tickets for 2014 weren't actually that pricey, the main thing is you have to sit on the website and hit refresh constantly until something becomes available, but I went to 2 games in 2014 and have friends who went to more than that. Just hope some good games turn up in Toronto!

now that Arsenal have signed him does that mean that a lot of people will, in fact, start to fuck with the Jesus?

I think he'll do ok tbh. If Raphinha has to leave Leeds for another EPL club I hope Arsenal are the ones to land him...

DOR said:

Mane to Bayern is going to be boring for him.  Maybe if Lewandowski does move on, he'll get a 30 goal season but it's never going to be as tight as the run ins with City.

Nunez could be the new Rush, or the new Andy Carroll.  He looks good on paper, but same as Haaland, he'll have to deal with more thorough challenges here and mix it up with the more uncouth centres.  As usual, happy for whoever played the best football to win it.

Never Un*ted of course.

Considering how well Diaz has adapted, I don't think Nunez or Haaland should have that much trouble on that front. Haaland has done well in the Champions League, although his team hasn't made it very far in order to face tougher opponents. Nunez managed to bother Liverpool a lot, which I assume is what sold him.

Not sure about Nunez being the new Rush though - can he play the drums at a 17/36 time signature for extended periods of time?
    Duderonomy

ppadilha said:

Not sure about Nunez being the new Rush though - can he play the drums at a 17/36 time signature for extended periods of time?

I'll answer that in 2112 .

BTW...

FANTASY LEAGUE 2022-23 IS ⚽N, BRITCHES!

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/h0rxuq

DOR

• I saw a guy walking around town today in a 'FUCK BORIS' t-shirt. I guess he's getting it in while he still can. Doesn't understand that a 'FUCK BORIS' shirt will be worth more when "vintage". 
    Duderonomy

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Some time ago, I was searching for old Iron Sheik matches and to see if he ever "fought" Boris Zhukov, one of those Russian baddie characters. Sheik since then has found new fame for his outrageous commentary both on other former wrestlers and current events. So I stumbled upon this gem:

https://mobile.twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1340336949068967938

The replies urging him to "(fuck him in the ass and) make him humble" are hilarious. FACKIN' BOOLSHEET!
    Duderonomy