TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,777 Posts
    Jimster said:
     hanging out the arse [...] like a non-negotiable turtle's head.

Real fucking LOL!

Arsenal with the same old problems against PSG, and playing a weird formation that didn't really work. It's almost like Wenger wants to start at a disadvantage.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    Get It On
    Gundogan
    Get It On
    ppadilha

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Gunga Din

Citeh & 'Pool are playing the best football in the league at the moment, both are really great to watch, and seeing the impact a new manager can have on a squad I've got to say, with heavy heart, that Wenger needs to step aside (with added HUGE caveat: if we can find a good replacement). Arsenal have looked like unfulfilled potential for too many years now and the manager has to shoulder some of the blame for that.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Wiggins in 'bit iffy' shocker.

In other news, West Ham celebrate 50 years of their World Cup win with a series of 4-2 replicas.
    Well, it made me chortle, at least.

https://streamable.com/i6up

Sam Allardyce was asked where Rooney should play for England and he said it isn't his job to tell him. As long as I've been watching England we've been guilty of picking players on past reputations... my favourite memory though was England vs Germany when Shearer was past it and an equally past it Lothar Matthais was marking him out of the game. Not just an English problem I guess.

https://streamable.com/i6up

Sam Allardyce was asked where Rooney should play for England and he said on the X-Box.

Allardyce missed a big opportunity to wipe the slate clean of the Rooneys and Cahills.
    That was the better methodology of the Olympic mob (doping notwithstanding).

Teh fans would have bought that story.
    Now we just on the same old path. Woeful shit.

I don't care what he said or about who, he ordered a pint of wine. Fucking LOL/excellent.

A pint saves you getting three or four large ones.
    Wine is so moreish.

b/w

anyone but Pardew

Allardici has quit - not sacked, so no payout - with a 100% win record. The greatest manager we never had.

Fuck me don't give it to Moyes.

A Hull local, just so I can hear them talk about "Turtle football" or Shearer/Waddle "Pelanty"-fest.

This is amazing, just wish I had some friends who support Villa so I could rub it in a bit more.

Jimster..... wut happened vs Barca?

I missed Arsenal's demolition job and think maybe they play better when I'm not watching. 6-0 woot woot!

I watched the game.  This is always a bad idea, as the second I tune in to live City matches, without fail, they concede.  Ergo, 1-0.

But strangely, City were in it all the way, even when down to 10.  They created chances that, say, Barca, would have put away.  But the few mistakes they made were all punished with goals.  No arguments with the goals, but City could have had a couple by half-time on another day.

Not worried about the way it's going - They destroyed Everton last weekend but just couldn't get another goal.

[comedy Indian accent]"IT IS BEING A FUNNY OLD GAME."[/cia]

I did not see any of the Arsenal. 

New Bloodclott feeds the suspicion that the invasion of the body snatchers continues apace.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's funny how watching/following a sports team breeds superstition and irrational thinking. At no other time in my life do a firmly believe the mere presence of my gaze or thought can have such a drastic affect on the universe. You can never get it to work the other way though, I watched the Yanited / Pool game the other night and nearly slipped into a coma. 

Jimster said:

But strangely, City were in it all the way, even when down to 10.  They created chances that, say, Aguerro, would have put away. 
    Fixed?

i agree that this Barca is definitely beatable if you can stop them scoring. The 2009 vintage were boring, but usually in complete control.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I think, deep down, I probably secretly believe my observation has a large impact on everything around me - it's just that football is the one where my involvement is most easily measured against impact.

As a "neutral" I would concur that Citeh were unjustly punished with that scoreline; despite the commentators' creaming over the forward three, Barca's backline looked extremely fragile and some better finishing by Citeh could have made this an interesting tie. Pep not playing Aguerro is an odd choice by the compulsive liplicker.

I actually think this is a pretty open CL this year, none of the teams seem to be at their peak right now.

Also, just had to mention that my local team are second in the Bundesliga. Nobody cares but I wanted to capture the moment while it lasted.

When Arse played Barca last year the team, despite being shambolic, were always in with a sniff.
    While Barca are a bit suspect, I think they, Real and Atleti will again be the teams to beat.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    d/l

RIP Carlos Alberto; GOAT goal

RIP Pete Burns.
    Duderonomy

skel said:
    GOAT goal

Brexit looking less like car-crash tv and more like an approaching iceberg. Cameron didn't want it. Boris didn't want it. Theresa May didn't want it.
    But push on ahead anyway, keep a stiff upper lip and all that.

(needs sound)

How do you embed twitter vids?
    <blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brexit negotiations going well. <a href="https://t.co/CsNxYjmIk9">pic.twitter.com/CsNxYjmIk9</a></p>&mdash; Ben Phillips (@benphillips76) <a href="">October 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

skel said:
    GOAT goal

I watched the extended highlights of that whole game a while back with #1 son.  Some "History of Football" DVD he came by.

Damn thun, some ROBUST tackling going on.  IIRC, aggro in the crowd too.

SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ht8qc_fifa-world-cup-1970-final-brazil-vs-italy-full-match_sport

Duderonomy

One of the better City matches I've seen.  That lad Bangagong can play a bit.   Begs the question...

.. WHY CAN'T THEY PLAY LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME?

I saw the highlights and it looked like a great game.
    This Barca seem to be cruising on rep and the brilliance of their attack. When they play a decent team or the attack isn't clicking they come undone.
    Makes for better entertainment than Pep's version.

There's probably been books on the subject of just when a perennial champ is found out and the illusion is shattered - memorable ones for me were Liverpool losing to Arsenal at the end of the 80s (and igniting my Gooner love, 'cos fuck what Ferg said, he didn't knock them off their perch he was just the first to take advantage of the power vacuum (and I'm not talking Dyson)), Ferg leaving Man U and everybody rubbing their eyes to realise Cleverly was getting England caps, or, outside of football but even more dramatic, was Sampras (who'd been winning Wimbledons like it was as natural as a gag reflex to Country & Western) losing to a teenage Federer and never came close again, his former dominance shattered like a high jump record once the Fosbury flop had been invented.

I'm not sure if last night was that moment, and because of the ever changing personnel in modern football teams it's less pronounced, but it probably sent out a clear message that you just need to pressure this Barca effectively and you can get something. That control they once had though - it's gone.

They were unlucky not to benefit from the Stones clanger (they hit the bar) but then, Sterling was denied a Stone Wall™ penno earlier.