TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    IIRC he never needed a real job doe is it.  (sic).
    Junior

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,777 Posts
    Sun Goddess - that was the one he made from Skel's chud  IIRC

Jimster

Jimster said:
    IIRC he never needed a real job doe is it.  (sic).

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Pokemon Go: who is down?

Not down at all. Waiting for the first death from chasing a Pokemon. Observing the Central Park NY hysteria makes me wonder why ISIS hasn't hacked it for their own nefarious purposes.

There's a cloud of gloom seemingly settled over some dudes on here.

Chill bros!

Life should really not be so serious.

skel said:
    Pokemon Go: who is down?
    Folls who should know better and 13-year-old yoot.  Props to your boy Nintendo doe, first time in like, forever, that their share price bests Sony.

:1993 George Michael applauding this news:

Okem said:
    Olympics Stadium
    It will be interesting to see what West Ham end up doing with it. It's going to be a transition for them for sure.

Another moment of Boris shame.
    Hats off to the tenacity, legal nous and eloquence in court, of Charlton and Spurs dudes who exposed all the workings recently, and the extent to which the taxpayer has been fucked over by this arrangement; not to mention all the other EPL clubs as well as the London clubs across all divisions.

In other news, today my eldest boy is running the official in-game Twitter feed for the Lions' opening game of the season.

DuderonomyJimsterJuniordukeofdelridge

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Am I allowed to proclaim we're winning the league yet? I mean, shit. Barcelona over Leicester a few days ago and now we beat Barcelona 4 nil...

It's practically ours!

Damn

https://streamable.com/5tvz

Duderonomy

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    skel said:
    He came out for a couple beers with Duder n Junior n self iirc

Then, nada.
    Charlie Big Potatoes.
    I believe tequila slammers also made an appearance. Which helped.

skel said:
    There's a cloud of gloom seemingly settled over some dudes on here.

Chill bros!

Life should really not be so serious.
    If the Go cheers people up then I'm all for a bit of escapism right now.

First night it came out here in the Deutschland I went for a meander in the streets after the pub and there were groups of drunken yoot wandering around the neighbourhood trying to catch die Pokemon and having a great time. Warmed my cockles. 

I am all up for celebrating it now even if it ends up with the inevitable horror stories about what they're doing with all the real time tracking information they're collecting.

DOR said:
    Am I allowed to proclaim we're winning the league yet?

It's practically ours!
    Damn. Was a good game on Sunday with all of the usual Arsenal problems. Still need defensive cover and a striker who bags 20 goals a season. Walcott missing a penalty came back to haunt us after that second half blitz. Last chance of the game falls to Theo, and he trips on the ball 6 yards from goal.
    DOR

But he can run really fast.

Jim, did u get my mail and whatsapp re: chud?

skel said:
    Jim, did u get my mail and whatsapp re: chud?
    Mail : Yes
    Whatsapp : No

I sense it's going to be one of those where there is a $1000 german-pressing Richard Tauber mythical heater box-set sandwiched by a swarm of Perry Como doubles and I won't know anything about it.

Y'know, it's early days but this Guardiola fella might know something about football beyond "Give it to Messi" after all.

Even if it's "Give it to Aguero".

Very early. But he does seem to have imposed a style.

Anyone else slightly concerned over the success of Britain at the Olympics? Or maybe I'm just not comfortable with success.
    JimsterDOR

Why concerned? Why British success in particular?

Do you see it as a microcosm of capitalism?
    Or more existential than that, that having winners and losers is inherently bad? And promotes elitism, nationalistic pride, general cut throat behaviour? And reflects the rich/richer, poor/poorer nature of life in UK (and most of democracies tbh)?
    I'm can see pro and con in all of these, and the cons can all be viewed in much starker contrast in football.
    So I think if you are concerned, be exponentially concerned over football.

We underperformed before, we should be good at the indoor stuff, considering the gash weather we have.

The outdoor stuff, not so dominant.  Mo Farah holding it down, but we are not in with a shout for anything else are we?

We are not <patois>ba-kel-ling</patois> the Jamaicans for anything for example.  Linford/Regis/Colin/Sally days are a distant memory.

Can you ever see the Jamaicans worry about being overly successful? :kissesteeth:

skel said:
    Why concerned? Why British success in particular?

Do you see it as a microcosm of capitalism?
    Or more existential than that, that having winners and losers is inherently bad? And promotes elitism, nationalistic pride, general cut throat behaviour? And reflects the rich/richer, poor/poorer nature of life in UK (and most of democracies tbh)?
    I'm can see pro and con in all of these, and the cons can all be viewed in much starker contrast in football.
    So I think if you are concerned, be exponentially concerned over football.
    Are you with that Irish boxer that said the Russians had bought the judges?  Putin and dem seething over doping bans, coming with the polonium brollies unless some muhfug gets a gong, stat.

Maybe Duder is concerned that by being so successful now, we will have a comedown big time in Tokyo.

Fear not, L*o.
    With our rich man lotto funding and superior Brit genes, we will vanquish the world again as we surf that wave of nationalist pride.

:-)

When I used to watch the Olympics it was the communist countries that seemed to really live with a pressure to get a medal or else. We're not there yet, but when you hear that Olympic funding is withdrawn from any sport/event they don't think we will get a medal in, it's a bit mercenary. Like telling the fat kid at school he's not allowed to compete. Is medal prestige that important? That mentality is something we used to laugh at in others.

Add to that

flag waving
    National days

When I used to watch the Olympics it was the communist countries that seemed to really live with a pressure to get a medal or else. .
    Well, that and fist loads of illegal performance enhancing testicle shrinking/clitoris growing drugs.

I get your point though. For me it's in part:

1.A post home Olympics boost
    2. A wealthy country focusing on elitist sports and definitely
    3.P art a refocus on sports we can do well in (see point 2)

At the moment I'm just enjoying watching Britain perform in a sport and expecting us to be the best, even if it is just riding in a circle for hours. It happens rarely enough I think we can savour it.

This has been a really weird Olympics in general. A real unpleasant vibe to everything from the shitty booing fans to the doping bans to the green water to the deaths to the (fictional?) robberies. 

Duderonomy said: Like telling the fat kid at school he's not allowed to compete. Is medal prestige that important? That mentality is something we used to laugh at in others.
    Yes! 
    Everyone should get a medal, cos like otherwise it's not fair! Right, kids?

Some of them deserved to be booed though.  The elephant-hide cheats like Gatlin etc. 

skel said:
    Duderonomy said: Like telling the fat kid at school he's not allowed to compete. Is medal prestige that important? That mentality is something we used to laugh at in others.
    Yes! 

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Jimster said:

Are you with that Irish boxer that said the Russians had bought the judges?  Putin and dem seething over doping bans, coming with the polonium brollies unless some muhfug gets a gong, stat.
    I watched that fight. Dude got robbed. Not as bad as Roy Jones Jr. but dude totally won that fight. IMO.

skel said:
    Yes! 
    Balls, I'm not saying they should get rewarded with anything more than the chance to compete. This is how legends like Eddie Teh Eagle and Eric Teh Eel are born.
    And frankly, the idea that the horse-riding toff cunts need financial aid sickens me, I tells ya. I cannae speak.