Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,777 Posts

Shit's getting a bit peak in Ankara.

Berlin too.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    @Doc_McCoy stay safe.

This is why he should be indoors on t3h Struts.
    Duderonomy

Jimster Duder... what happened?

Jimster said:
    Jimster Duder... what happened?

I blame my shitty wifi. First half, good stream, and we looked like containing your attack while threatening to add more goals on the break. At HT my stream went to shit, and so did the Arsenal.
    Wenger talking about Alexis contract extension hinging on football rather than money reminds me of the game Wenger subbed a rampant Oxo-Cube for Arshavin and Van Percy shouted [Cartman]"Noooo" [/Cartman]. If Wenger can't inspire more backbone then Alexis is gone.

For me, it was good to see City not mentally crumbling.  It's happened a couple of times this season.  They can outplay anyone IMHO, as long as they stick to the plan and ignore the defensive failures.  The problem with City is not only the leaky defence but the many, many wasted chances up front. 
    Again, Sterling should have had some tap/nod ins here but spurned them.

I would have thought Iheanacho would have been there for Aguero, and business as usual, but Pep is hell-bent on not playing him for whatever reason.  His finishing is lethal.  I don't understand it.  I think a home win was a fair result, and again, Ozil was spectating which didn't help.  Obviously keeping Sanchez is your #1 priority.  There is talk of him coming to City...

Chelsea are there because they don't concede, I don't think they are anything special going forward but he's getting the best of them.  Like the Jose days of old.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Terry looks kinda hot in that vid. Those bags under her eyes give me a certain frisson.
    I would, on a 'rude not to'/guilty pleasure tip.
    Strange but intriguing. Bit like a green alien chick.
    Anyways, what was the vid all about?

B/w

where's your boy Moke these days?

p/w

brexit/trump double whammy be hard to shake off

The enigma that is COSTA.  The ability to mess up a mug's Fantasy League fo sho.

SHOULD HE STAY OR SHOULD HE GO?

(I am of course firmly of the GO persuasion).

I think Costa should do one to China myself. :cheese:

MOke? You chased him off teh Strut Skel! Too much goading, haranguing, and perturbating.

I'm saddened by the passing of ol' Turnip Head*:

RIP 

*Probably because at the time we failed to qualify for USA '94, I was livid, and cursed his name. I now feel a bit bad for that as the documentaries I've watched since have shown me that he was, in actual fact, a man, and not a walking spatula with a turnip for a head.

I think Costa should do one to China myself. :cheese:

MOke? You chased him off teh Strut Skel! Too much goading, haranguing, and perturbating.

I'm saddened by the passing of ol' Turnip Head*:

RIP 

*Probably because at the time we failed to qualify for USA '94, I was livid, and cursed his name. I now feel a bit bad for that as the documentaries I've watched since have shown me that he was, in actual fact, a man, and not a walking spatula with a turnip for a head.
    Leo, you know the scene.
    In platitudes:
    all fur coat, no knickers
    dont like it up 'em
    cant take it, don't dish it
    all mouth no trousers

the weakest are the first to vamoose

• ppadilhappadilha 2,231 Posts
    hey guys so I'm currently trying to figure out how Colin Kazim Kazim Coca-Cola Richards wound up at Corinthians, but he scored a goal in his first match.

I have respect for Colin Kazim-Richards for bucking the trend and playing football abroad. It shouldn't be noteworthy for a Brit to do so pre-retirement age...

Skel - Millwall CPO?

Let me guess: "I can't spake!"

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    WATFORD #1

DOR said:
    WATFORD #1
    FFS, Arsenal can be so frustrating. We really needed to gain some ground on Chelsea to have a chance at the league, and Wenger drops all of the outstanding performers from the FA Cup game and goes back to his underperforming favourites who expect 3 points to be handed to them. Watford gave us a torrid time last season, no lessons learnt.

Chelsea's league to lose at this stage really. I would love it etc.

Chelsea's league to lose at this stage really. I would love it etc.
    The nature of his work is yet to be metrically appreciated, so it won't register on the Fantasy scale, but Kanté has been the signing of the season.  Where are Leicester now?

"Signed from Caen for £5.6m, he was a revelation at Leicester, so much so that his industry and energy became a standing joke within the club. Ranieri predicted that Kanté would one day “cross the ball and score with a header”. Steve Walsh, the club’s former assistant manager, laughed about how Leicester “played three in midfield, Drinkwater in the middle with Kanté either side”

At Chelski he's Makelele 2.0.

Duderonomy

Kante is great, but he didn't stop Arsenal destroying Chelsea at the start of the season. I think the real difference is the formation: side-show Bob, too ill-disciplined to be part of an effective CB pairing has been transformed into a brilliant sweeper, a Brazilian Kaiser, and a lack of champions league has also helped.
    i think the Prem is too demanding for teams to properly compete for both: the last 2 English champions league winners finished out of the top 4.

Dudes, I am sharing beer n rekkids with Mr Beatnick tonight

Dude is in fine fettle. My how we reminisced on the beats he made from that chud.
    Duderonomy

Waiting for the Skel album to drop, fam. 
    Drummer been sectioned?

We have a drummer, but that's for the band.
    For solo shit, I have commandeered an Alesis SR-16 to augment the Roland guitar synth and Line 6 pod.
    That vintage stuff ;)

I had an SR-16 myself. Great kit. If you put it through a bass amp and mic the cone, it will foll folls 

Fug a Lukakus.    Mid-table fatnasty mediocrity awaits.

Fantasy premier league is just Pokemon Go with a longer fade-out.

Dont think I'll ever revisit it.

Never had the time for the Fantasy league. Wasn't mentally ready for it.

Wenger has to go this season. Take a job upstairs, but the managing a team effectively bit, it's beyond him now.

Sometimes it's necessary to return to the wisdom of the ancients for perspective after a bad result:

“If I learned one thing from my Mum, it’s that all the money in the world won’t help you unless you can get up in the morning, look in the mirror and be satisfied that you’re not one of life’s slags.”
    D. Dyer, esquire

https://www.beamly.com/tv-film/17-weird-and-wonderful-things-we-learnt-from-danny-dyers-life-lessons-from-the-east-end

So Jimster - football, bloody hell.

Quite a game. Can Citeh do the business in Monaco?
    And how the fuck did Falcao only score 6 goals in two seasons in the Prem?

City like to make it as difficult as possible, but yeah, Pep's version seem to have a plan b and I am confident of progression.  We shipped three but they shipped five and should have had their keeper red carded.

As for Falcao... I think we never saw the fit version in the Prem.  He didn't seem to have any knee trouble jumping for the ball last night.  Maybe that long greasy Barnet was holding him down previously.