TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the internal politics of our country don't really enter into the illegals in Calais' decision much at all. You can't go around the world selling democracy and the free market and then act surprised when people in poor countries (in and out of the EU) want to move to richer countries. Unless the Brexit dream is to bring us down to such shitty a level that Euroman will no longer see any benefit in coming here, they will continue to want to come here for a better life.
    Germany take in a third more immigrants than we do but the UK is second on the list, then France. The same order as our respective GDPs. But both Germany & the UK have rapidly aging populations and, in absence of a cull through war or superbug, are going to need millions of new working age immigrants to keep their countries going. The UK will need about 2 miilion or so by 2030. So, I'm really not sure who's saying EU is a better bet than UK or what metric that could be pertaining to. Sounds like some kind of sophism set up tbh.  

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Jimster said:
    It was kind of cool that I could live, for as long as I wanted, in any of the member states and no-one could say JACK about it.
    Not Romanian gypsy colonies, natch. The nice bits of EU.
    I've never been but I hear Romania is pretty beautiful, a pint is only a pound and the women are most easy on the eye.  it's an idyllic place for a mountain biking.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Granted, prolly no one uttered those lines verbatim, but the clear narrative message I heard was, it's better to be in than out. And if that relates at a country level, then surely also at an individual one too.
    But so many act in the opposite way by wanting to come here.

Burqini: them lovable, super tolerant frenchies eh?
    On the other hand, you have to draw a line somewhere at tolerating importation of customs. Top of head stuff: sharia law, FGM, shonky bushmeat.
    Covering up at the beach is some 1930s uptight old Brit thing. Unfathomable in 2016 if only for suntan reasons.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    skel said:
    ..the clear narrative message I heard was, it's better to be in than out. And if that relates at a country level, then surely also at an individual one too.
    Again this seems like a fallacy. There are many reasons to believe we were/are better off as part of the EU, most of which have absolutely no bearing on an immigrant's choice of destination or a country's need for immigrants. 

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    Burqini: them lovable, super tolerant frenchies eh?
    On the other hand, you have to draw a line somewhere at tolerating importation of customs. Top of head stuff: sharia law, FGM, shonky bushmeat.
    Covering up at the beach is some 1930s uptight old Brit thing. Unfathomable in 2016 if only for suntan reasons.

i find it more unfathomable that people get forced to undress at the beach. that is not drawing a line against sharia. that's fucking with ordinary muslims who only want to enjoy the beach. who has decided you need to sunbath to enjoy the beach? it's forcing people to act more like you because it makes you feel better,  it's an enormous invasion of privacy. 

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,777 Posts
    Banning the face veil, fine. Burqini though, seems ridiculous telling people they have to get undressed and I can only see reprisal attacks down the line.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    There was a Hislamist (sic) at our pool in Spain wearing one.  It really is a silly idea for swimming. I understand their book says you must cover up or you get rhaped, but really, there was none of that going on with the bikini-clad Eurowomanz.  I am sure at the pearly gates, St. P is not turning folls back... "Ah you were a lifeguard that saved x amount of folls, good for you.  BUT... You had that Pam Anderson thing going on.  Sorry... BAN."

Needless to say Mr Hislamist was in suitable attire, as were the kids.

That face-covering stuff is scary.  Folls only wear masks when they are up to no good.  That's inbuilt in all of us.
    skel

Plus they are not getting any Vitamin D as a result of covering up 24/7.
    https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Health_Effects_of_Islamic_Dress

(see how I saved your eyes from a massive paste poast.  You are welcome.)

Burqini is an invasion of my right to see near nekkid wimmins on the beach
    JimsterDuderonomy

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

All that clobber just means I can't tell if they got nice arse, cute boobs or shapely leg tho. So for that reason I'm against it.
    On the other hand, I'd make it mandatory for sweaty bingo wing n tatts slosher on the beach at Sarfend, narmean?

::

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

They take their secularism pretty seriously in France. Shit just becomes a weapon to beat people with like everything else unfortunately. 

Let me propose a solution: the see-through burkini.

Not on some 70s floaty chiffon negligee tip, but real-deal transparent full on plastic fetish thing.
    Everyone is a winner.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

b//w

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    BREAKING: France’s top administrative court overturns burkini ban amid shock and anger worldwide

I guess there is hope for peace in our time.

Duderonomy

Just for the sake of clarity, let's get some answers down on burkinigate.

Mandating what women can or cannot wear is sexist?
    Muslim men requiring women to cover up is sexist?
    Adhering to centuries-old religion-inspired dogma is fine?
    Belonging to a EU where one of the driving forces introduces this ban is desirable?

My answers are yes, yes, no and no.
    Particularly on the last point, seem to recall that enforced stripping on the basis of race and religion was last practiced in Europe by <<Godwins alert>>>. It might be a slippery slope.

I see the deputy mayor of Nice says he'd apply the rule to a nun as well.
    I think any form of clothing overtly tied so closely to religion is highly naff, but if people want to dress up it's up to them.
    I wouldn't be averse to a bit of sexy witch cos-play, it must be said. Or even naughty nun. Or veiled harem games.

::rubs thighs with tongue out::

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    ::Kenneth Williams Ooow face::

Disappointing that no Guardianista is prepared to state the true and real up in here.

Perhaps too conflicted over the various strands of outrage and moral liberal hazard.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    dude, stop trolling. 

At least there's a riposte now for anytime there's a question that's too troubling to answer.

skel said:
    Disappointing that no Guardianista is prepared to state the true and real up in here.

Perhaps too conflicted over the various strands of outrage and moral liberal hazard.

I saw a poast on fb talmbout Frog beach hi-spector fi telt that bird on the beach to remove her burkini. 

Talk was of the "No man should tell a woman what she can/can't wear"-and-such nature.

Except the man who wroat their book?

The whole thing is a reed that is not bending in the wind of change.

skel

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    skel said:
    At least there's a riposte now for anytime there's a question that's too troubling dumb to answer. 

• ppadilhappadilha 2,231 Posts
    we all know the true fashion crime being committed on European beaches is wearing socks with sandals, and euroman is too soft to ban it.
    DuderonomyJuniorskel

I don't do sandals.  My feet are akin to those of a hobbit.  But pastier.  No-one wants to see that.  It's like American Werewolf in EU46.

Our climate dictates anything sandal-like is silly outside of our one-week summer window.  I admit to being jelly of your climateways and low sock-maintenance costs, but have somehow reconciled that living in the UK is a good idea for me.

I know.

Okem said:
    skel said:
    At least there's a riposte now for anytime there's a question that's too troubling dumb to answer. 
    A pithy distillation of how we arrived at the Brexit result.
    Thank you.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,777 Posts
    Pep 1 Mou 0
    Didn't watch but read that it was a tidy performance from Citeh.

New keeper was responsible for their goal.

If you listen carefully, you can hear Joe Hart laughing from Italy.

Gents, what say you on Wet Spam's OS travails?
    Teething troubles that will be ironed out (see what I etc) or the death of a formerly respected proper football club which has had its soul sold down the river by rapacious profit hunting dildo salesmen turning it into a half n half scarf tourist experience with polite applause and 'siddaaaahn'?

I think the latter...  Which is, to be fair, an Experienceway™ that The Big Clubs have been offering for the last 10 years at least.

PRAWN SARNIES FOR EVERYONE.

They riled Watford with their Johnny Foreigner YouTube Salesman tricks and were found to have written cheques that their bellies could not cash.

Someone will have Payet in the January Xfer window if they are hanging out the arse of the table like a non-negotiable turtle's head.

Then it will be
    Duderonomy