Post stuff you've done that not many people have..

12346»

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    *gave a speech at h.s. nail school graduation
    Come clean, JRoo.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    *gave a speech cried at h.s. nail pre-school graduation
    Come clean, JRoo.
    *lunched with soulstrut gaylords on the reg

JRoo tha Damaja

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    *gave a speech cried "cruised" at h.s. nail pre-school reform-school graduation

"Hey, nice tassel. Listen, if you should ever--god forbid--find yourself in need of legal assistance, here's my number...my direct number."

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I...

-went to school with Ted Danson's daughter
    -

crossroads strikes again....

When did you guys go to Crossroads cause I went to college with a ton of peeps from there?

93-99.
    which college?

edit- actually, let me guess - nyu?

Hampshire College 1988-1992. Knew at least 6 Crossroaders, good people all in all.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    - Accidentally slammed Rhettmatic's fingers in my car door right before his gig in town.
    [color:white]- Turned out a (bangin' ass) lesbian (as in "7 years with no dickinher") in a room that was used for a scene in Young Guns.[/color]
    - Narrowly missed an event that would have significantly altered my life as I've lived it. I was less than 10 seconds and 100 feet away from being considered an accessory to murder.
    [color:white]- Ahem, blessed said lesbian for 4 1/2 hours straight in the same room 2 hours after I first met her. (A couple weeks after our fling, I dj'ed her "moving-to-the-'Bay" party in that room and was introduced to her butch ass girlfriend. I can't lie, I was shook. Thankfully, her "dude" was clueless.)[/color]
    - Hiked the Grand Canyon Rim-To-Rim-To-Rim (no homo) with no hiking experience. That shit KICKED MY ASS. It was years before I could touch Gatorade, trail mix or Balance bars again.
    [color:white]- Had my name used as slang by S**a. As in "damn, I brought this girl home last night and she straight pulled a H*rmie on me. 4 hours and didn't once come up for air!" I swear, if I EVER hear that used outside of her circle my mission on this Earth will be complete.[/color]
    - Skydived (skydove?), had it videotaped and pulled the ol' "look-Ma-I'm-swimming!" maneuver in mid-air. From what I've been told, that video is used in the company's advertisements.

- Have NEVER smoked anything NOR drank alcohol in my life. (Well, I had a sip of beer when I was 12, but that shit was so nasty I never touched it again.)

- Have never had a one-night stand. Probably 'cause I've never drank nor do I hit on drunk women. Besides, why pull a one-nighter when you can keep it in the rotation?

- Have never worn camoflauge anything.

- Shook the calloused hands of conguero Poncho Sanchez.

Herm

• Options
    -Filled out a long-ass post about things that I've done that not many others have, and got timed out by the new rules.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    -Filled out a long-ass post about things that I've done that not many others have, and got timed out by the new rules.

You're supposed to make a list of things others HAVEN'T done. I timed out last night. Get your own shit, hoLmes.

Herm

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    got a shoutout in the second/third Asian Dub Foundation LPs liner notes

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    *GOT DJ PREMIER A JOB AT THE RECORD STORE I WORKED AT IN HOUSTON
    *GOT PREMIER HIS DEAL AT WILD PITCH WHEN I USED TO ORDER RECORDS FROM STU FINE.
    *GOT HIGH WITH SHOWBIZ AND PREMIER AT SHOW'S HOUSE IN THE BRONX AND WAS SO NOID THAT I HAD TO SPLASH WATER ON MY FACE WITHOUT PLAYING MYSELF OUT IN HIS HOUSE.
    *WAS PART OF THE ODD SQUAD BACK IN THE DAY WHICH DEVIN THE DUDE CAME OUT OF.
    *GOT TO HANG OUT WITH LORD FINESSE WHEN HE WAS A NOBODY BACK IN THE DAY WITH PREMO IN THE BRONX.
    *WON AN ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM FROM MC HAMMERS BROTHER WHEN I USED TO REPORT TO BILLBOARD IN EXCHANGE FOR BETTER SALES REPORT.
    *USED TO MESS AROUNG WITH THAT CHICK THAT SANG ON MC'S HAMMERS TO LEGIT TO QUIT VIDEO.
    *GOT TO STAY IN BRANDFORD MARSALIS BROWNSTONE IN BROOKLYN FOR A WEEK WIT FRIENDS

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some more:

-Me and my group were in Libra Digital Studios with Big Daddy Kane, Mister Cee, and Scoob & Scrap when they were recording "It's a Big Daddy Thang".

-Hung out with AB, JR, and Easy Moe Bee in Lafayette Gardens Co-op.

-Saw Black Sheep performing at the Skate Ranch in Sanford, NC when they were nobody (actually, my crew headlined ).

-Smoked out with Al Capone and crew in Flatbush (Ocean Ave, big up!!!).

-Went record shopping the Mister Cee at Music Factory (NYC).

-Had a beat session with Ski in Greensboro, NC (Payroll Records) way before he blew up (side note: He bit my style on the folky, odd samples used on the Original Flavor first LP; check my Soundclick site for example demos from 1992; much of that music was produced in 1990-91 before the OF lp).

-Met The Gospel Keynotes, The Little Wonders, and The Sensational Nightingales as a young child.

-Had drinks with John Abercrombie, Ravi Coltrane, George Mranz, and Tony Freedus during their set break at the Blue Note in 1999.

-Met Maceo Parker on a flight to Atlanta, GA.

-Danced with Bertice Berry at Chanel's Nightclub in Akron, OH.

-Had drinks and talked hip-hop with PMD at Bedrock's Nighclub in Akron, OH.

-Used to do shows with the group that eventually became known as Intro on the chitlin' circuit in Fayetteville, NC (back when they were rapping).

-Nearly beat down a percussionist with Experience Unlimited (EU) for steppin' to me about some groupie hoe (weak sauce-related).

-Got me a big ole' hug from Vesta Williams at the Foxy 99 birthday party in Fayetteville, NC.

-While in high school (in Fayetteville, NC), I drove Mad Skills' (or Skills') school bus way before anyone knew he could rhyme. Dude was only known for dancin' at the time.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• - gave a girl a golden shower without being there(opened her bottle of shower gel and pissed in it)

- emptied my nose out onto some kids pizza he made in school and told him the next day when he told everyone how delicious it was

- took a shit in a lampshade (working construction with no bathroom desperation)

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    taken lord finesse & puts to very bad parties.

when was this?!

Was about 2001 I think, had you down for a show alongside J Zone & british crew diversion tactics.

Was a very good show. Afterwards we got some food & ran into some kids who'd been at the gig, they invited us back to a party at theirs, turns out it was just a handful of students sitting in their bedroom nerding over having puts in their bedroom. can't remember what happened after that as was a bit drunk. Was gonna get you back again this May but you put your UK dates back..

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Classic B0mp

LaserWolf

• 10 years ago! 

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I've started to work out EVERY day one and a half years ago,stopped drinking completly and started to eat clean. At the beginning of the year I stopped smoking cigarettes, without one single relapse. I've lost 30 kg of body fat and gained about 10 kg of muscle. I've never been in such a good shape ever in my life.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Killed a hobo in '89 for a copy of Boz Skaggs just for the story.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Randomly bought Large Pro's S950 off eBay from him personally, didn't believe it was him when he emailed me and screamed like a teenage girl at a One Direction concert when the box showed up and said "W.P. Mitchel" on the address.  
    Francois Von Pierre ParkerDJ_EnkiRAJ

• Dawhud said:
    Randomly bought Large Pro's S950 off eBay from him personally, didn't believe it was him when he emailed me and screamed like a teenage girl at a One Direction concert when the box showed up and said "W.P. Mitchel" on the address.  
    Great story!
    A friend of mine bought one of the actual synths Orbital used at Glastonbury. 

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    Went all day drinking with eek a mouse for his birthday, convinced him to join in with the trad band that arrived later that night, recorded it. 

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Dawhud said:
    Yeah, I'd geek the fuck out about that, to say the least.