Producers that Never Blew Up?

12346»

Comments

• People named most of the dope ones but really Nottz owns the producer who hasn't blown up yet tag. He's done all types of songs on big records but just hasn't had a single yet.

• People named most of the dope ones but really Nottz owns the producer who hasn't blown up yet tag. He's done all types of songs on big records but just hasn't had a single yet.

Didn't he do "get out of here"?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    People named most of the dope ones but really Nottz owns the producer who hasn't blown up yet tag. He's done all types of songs on big records but just hasn't had a single yet.

Another nice pick, Jake!!!! What about Geology, 4th Disciple, Tru Master, and Charlemagne???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    People named most of the dope ones but really Nottz owns the producer who hasn't blown up yet tag. He's done all types of songs on big records but just hasn't had a single yet.

What about Geology,
    Big Stacks from Kakalak
    always liked his beats.just copped his beat mixtape.worth a listen.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• Regarding SKI- he's known for his "big dude" work, but he's produced for tons of NC artists (he's from here)... the early shit is flames, he produced and rhymed with the Bizzie Boys, probably produced much of the Payroll catalog. In recent years he's been doing the local thing again... far more inconsistent though. Occasional gems from Hot Wright & Now City, but I always check out the no-name 12s he does and they're never good...

And whoever said Luchini should've been a big hit must've been a kid then or something, that WAS a huge hit... by the standards of rap records of the day anyway...

I interviewed Ski a few years ago for a Jay retrospective I was helping to write and all he wanted to talk about was his new shit in NC (pretty typical). But then when I was asking him about working out the songs in the studio and Jay not writing anything down and the creative process, etc. he tells me that it's not that impressive

I mean, how impressive would one expect the process of watching somebody not doing something to be?

Well, I'm pretty sure he saw him rapping, unless I implied that Jay would imagine a verse and it would magically appear on wax. Jedi Mind Rapping.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Extreme co-sign on Kankick, dj honda youre right those beats on the travellin man got him hype but his album was disapointing Nottz is getting paid though

Jake-one had hype but no real job ala scott storch also salaam remi shit even shaheed muhamed after tribe

• L.A JAY

• Sorry if I am repeating things but T-Ray has got a long list of production credit.

Also my choice would be

J-ZONE.

• Options
    NO ID............Chicago
    i was listening to flex last night + elliot from xxl was saying how no id did the bowow track with omorian.jd was trying to co-opt that by saying 'so so def' at the begining of the track.

I heard the same thing, that was funny. Sidenote, one of my best friends used to write for BeatDown and was the first person to ever interview Funk Flex.

• This dude:

Quixx is the fucking man.
    Coolest guy on earth, tons of beats, and a load of industry bullshit.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Also my choice would be

J-ZONE.

His stuff just keeps getting better and better. The beats on the "Gimme Dat Beat Fool" project were crazy.

I totally agree........his beat CD's are

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    rob lewis

This is the correct answer.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Some good beats aside, those albums were garbage to me.

BCC related thoughts:

came home from work a couple weeks ago and turned on the tv, and lo and behold, there was an OGC documentary (?) on public access.

I stole my bro's tape of "nocturnal" was bumpin it as recently as this summer (then I sold my car).

did rustee jux ever drop an album?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Amiri (of Spectac & Amiri) from South Carolina. They sent me this demo YEARS a go that I can't find online. It's very native tongue.

Spectac has that Q-Tip flow and Amiri's production is heavily crate digging influenced with lots of soulful samples.

Here's the more recent single.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I would have dug the shit out of that demo back in the day. Still sounds cool.

Phill Most shoulda been huge. Dude kills it with the beats and the mic.

• RAJ said:
    Amiri (of Spectac & Amiri) from South Carolina. They sent me this demo YEARS a go that I can't find online. It's very native tongue.

Spectac has that Q-Tip flow and Amiri's production is heavily crate digging influenced with lots of soulful samples.

Here's the more recent single.

WOW!!! You just made my day mentioning Amiri!!! Known him for over 20 years. And just saw him last weekend at a wedding. I always route for him! Spectac too!!!!