TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    I really have nothing against Chelsea so no offence to any chavs on here but I would love it if Burnley could turn over Chelsea's fancy new team. Not happening, I know.

• whoa

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    There have been some great goals as of late. This banger in 3 Liga

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    I heard via a little bird the other week that there's a new Aphex album due next month. I was sworn to secrecy, though.

http://pitchfork.com/news/56341-aphex-twin-announces-new-album-syro-via-the-deep-web/

apparently flying blimps in the sky = deep web?

(plaese not to take this to mean that I read or follow Pitchfork!!!!!!!)
    Jesus, could this shit get any more pretentious.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Okem said:
    ppadilha said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    I heard via a little bird the other week that there's a new Aphex album due next month. I was sworn to secrecy, though.

http://pitchfork.com/news/56341-aphex-twin-announces-new-album-syro-via-the-deep-web/

apparently flying blimps in the sky = deep web?

(plaese not to take this to mean that I read or follow Pitchfork!!!!!!!)
    Jesus, could this shit get any more pretentious.

Is he trying to out-do BOC?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    whoa

Seeing Cesc being all Cescy for the blue scum is most displeasing. Makes you want to start drinking snakebite & listen to country music about doing grievous damage to duplicitous lovers.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Pitchfuck seems to have improved over the last few years, although that might be more to do with certain of its contributors rather than a distinct change in editorial policy or anything.

whenever I consider reading something on pitchfork I think back to this insanely horrific piece of writing and remember why I swore off that site forever:
    http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16814-skelethon/

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    mourinho works well with disgruntled scoundrels
    cesc has everyone in spain hating on him he is already doing his best to shine and becoming the new lampard (but will it last more than his usual half season)
    then costa is delivering for now and looks to make up for the brazil spain ciritques
    hopefully torres will feel his sub action and provide timely goals..probably will play well with cesc and azpilicueta
    i loved luiz but it was a smart move..i think loaning bertrand again was a problem he could have flourished

deeep squad perfect for champions league and better financially this year..same approach as last year with a compedent striker and that ole drogba magic....stronger bigger midfield solid defense great goal keeping..weakened liverpool..static citeh

sounds good but lets not get ahead of ourselves

as for my other team barca..i like that new kid munir (although he could get the tello/affelay treatment) but even though masche is a beast the back is weak..luis henrique is the second best option in the world to coach besides pep..ney and messi are working better together suarez back for el classico
    only thing is madrid are a monster with kroos now..keepin isco and james (he wont be a breakout star) can run with ronaldo and bale and is more versatile than dimaria...they could outscore us when it counts..bale will be briliant this year i think

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    That Alice band Bale wears is fucking woeful.
    He needs a slap, the mug.

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Getting all Euro, bet he doesn't wear it when he goes home.

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Duble poast

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    pcmr said:
    cesc has everyone in spain hating on him he is already doing his best to shine and becoming the new lampard (but will it last more than his usual half season)

whats this about -- I mean I understand why a part of North London doesn't care for Cesc these days, but do the Catalans also have it out for him? I was always lead to believe that most of FCB supporters thought Cesc was a "square peg in round hole" and weren't too sad to see him go.

BTW - turns out the PL fantasy thingy is free to pay online, but apparently costs $3 for the App here in the states. Given my work blocks almost all enjoyable websites, I may have to splash the cash on that App to keep my team updated.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    jlee said:
    pcmr said:

whats this about -- I mean I understand why a part of North London doesn't care for Cesc these days, but do the Catalans also have it out for him? I was always lead to believe that most of FCB supporters thought Cesc was a "square peg in round hole" and weren't too sad to see him go.

BTW - turns out the PL fantasy thingy is free to pay online, but apparently costs $3 for the App here in the states. Given my work blocks almost all enjoyable websites, I may have to splash the cash on that App to keep my team updated.

I think the catalans still felt betrayed by Cesc leaving, even if he didn't quite fit into the team. Maybe there was an expectation that he would come into his own once Xavi started to step down. And I think most of Spain felt betrayed by the sight of him running into Mourinho's arms - the man is unpopular even in the Real Madrid sectors.

toby.d said:
    Getting all Euro, bet he doesn't wear it when he goes home.

Spud goes to Madrid, wears an alice band.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that band is disgusting absolutely..dare he wear it when representing wales

my sapnish friend who reads marca religiously told me

at first cesc was returning home and looking to be heir to xavi's throne..then after underperforming he was upset with barca (65% of spanish squad) and those club tensions carried on at the national level (unlike the classico rivilary ones) so this partially explained the horrific world cup campaign but mostly cesc is a divisive figure now and no one in catalan or spain have a reason to support him

i am loving the possibility of barca/chelsea or real soon

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    So basically Cesc is a massive slut and we all should hate him now. Right?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    I thought Arsenal had first refusal if he came back to the premier league? Can a real head explain why, if that was true, it didn't happen?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The story goes that not only did we have a clause put in his sale to Barca that entitled us to first option but Barca also still owe us money for various players they've brought from us to warm their bench, which is probably even more now Vermaelen has gone there. So if we'd included Verm in the deal Cesc would've cost us practically nothing. But Arsenal had just paid 50 million for Ozil, which Arsene is probably still having nightmares about, and they have more than enough ACMs, so they didn't really 'need' Cesc. So despite the fact that; he wanted to come to London to be with his family / we could've had the best midfielder of his generation on the cheap / he would've improved us / he could've come back and happily finished his career at Arsenal and cemented his place as an Arsenal legend, etc etc, despite all that Arsene turned him away and let him go to Chelsea. So now we have to spend the next 4 years watching that.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Okem said:
    The story goes that not only did we have a clause put in his sale to Barca that entitled us to first option but Barca also still owe us money for various players they've brought from us to warm their bench, which is probably even more now Vermaelen has gone there. So if we'd included Verm in the deal Cesc would've cost us practically nothing. But Arsenal had just paid 50 million for Ozil, which Arsene is probably still having nightmares about, and they have more than enough ACMs, so they didn't really 'need' Cesc. So despite the fact that; he wanted to come to London to be with his family / we could've had the best midfielder of his generation on the cheap / he would've improved us / he could've come back and happily finished his career at Arsenal and cemented his place as an Arsenal legend, etc etc, despite all that Arsene turned him away and let him go to Chelsea. So now we have to spend the next 4 years watching that.

Still, the FA Cup, though. Gotta be happy about that, right?

In other news, Barca have had their two-window transfer ban appeal rejected by FIFA. The ban begins in January 2015. How fortuitous, then, that they managed to sign Suarez during the appeal process.

No ayo, but Cesc looks better in blue. It's a colour that suits him.
    Ok, a smidgen of ayo.

B/w

At Fulham last weekend with 4000 fellow old timers to see Wall nick it nil one, and what a mighty musique concrete block of constant noise we put up at that lovely little place right on the river.
    Some newspaper described it as being like the Kop 25 years ago. Back in the days when the premier league hadn't sanitised the working classes out of the game, regulated any vestige of atmosphere out of it and airbrushed the warts out of the picture.
    Like the good old days.
    Nearly had a tear in the eye during the last 5 when only the deafening Miiiiiiiiiii drone alone seemingly kept the goal intact.
    Wmic

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    I'd heard that in addition to the reasons Okem laid out, Arsene was on some "if you turn your back on Arsenal we're not interested in begging to have you back, ever" kind of thing. Admirable if it's true but my source is casual pub chat so make of that what you will. It doesn't add up with the buy back clause so...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    were going to WIN THE FUCKING LEAGUE

DocMcCoy said:
    No victory worthy of the name was ever won without a struggle.

WE'RE (possibly) GOING TO WIN THE FUCKING LEAGUE.

DocMcCoy said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    WE'RE GOING TO LOSE THE FUCKING LEAGUE ON GOAL DIFFERENCE.

DocMcCoy said:

DocMcCoy said:
    Still, the FA Cup, though. Gotta be happy about that, right?
    That and your lot selling Bitey to Barca so we could buy Alexis, yep that made my pretty happy.

It hath been tooken there

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the barca ban explains all the youth getting playing time
    although apart from pedro none of these la masia guys have panned out and most are loaned or traded we will have to make due for a full year without being able to make moves..hopefully a quick last signing in defense happens
    i personally despise vermalean..but with mathieu,pique and him we are no longer small on set pieces and i guess with mashe you could have a worse back for

hey arsenal dont you want song back (we would have gladly taken sagna)

toby.d said:
    I'd heard that in addition to the reasons Okem laid out, Arsene was on some "if you turn your back on Arsenal we're not interested in begging to have you back, ever" kind of thing. Admirable if it's true but my source is casual pub chat so make of that what you will. It doesn't add up with the buy back clause so...

I believe that Wenger is too loyal to his players - in 9 years Abou Diaby has made just 124 appearances, the rest of the time injured. Name me another manager that would've stuck by Diaby all this time.
    Maybe Wenger thinks that Cesc would affect the confidence of the players we have, but Cesc would've been a massive upgrade on Rosicky & Arteta, or Wilshire & Cazorla (on present form).
    As a fan, I don't begrudge Cesc wanting to play for his boyhood club, and I'm still bewildered with the position he was asked to play at for Barcelona (and the national team). Would Barca have stuck Pirlo up front to play as a withdrawn striker? Stupid, stupid stupid.
    I also realise that during those lean years that Wenger kept us in the champs league while selling +£20 million worth of talent every sodding season was also due to Fabregas' talent. He kept us competitive as much as Wenger. If the board, or Wenger, were sore at him for leaving, they should think about what Cesc did for the club. As soon as he left, he took a massive part of our possession-based footballing identity with him, and he still hasn't been adequately replaced imo. I think Wenger could've found room for Ozil & Cesc. If Wenger doesn't have some other reason for letting him go, like saving the money for Khedira or somebody, then I'm stupefied by the decision. Well, I'm stupefied either way.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Buying Cesc kills Wilshere and Ramsey, would be Wenger's response.

The pitfalls of having a long term manager under no real pressure to achieve, coupled with Wenger's nature for being a calm, nurturing style manager. That ruthless edge has slowly been filed down to nothing.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    He didn't seem concerned about Wilshire and Ramsey when he brought Ozil in...

Seems poor business any way you cut it, apart from Chelsea's viewpoint.

They didn't even get Bigfat going the other way...

skel said:

Hostilities resumed.

But seriously, if I worried about the thought of having those words pushed down my throat at some point in the future, do you think I would ever have posted them? Surprised it's taken this long, to be honest.

Anyway, take a close look at this picture.

It's a picture of Bob Paisley holding three European cups. Paisley, arguably the greatest English club manager of all time, died in 1996, the year Wenger took over stewardship of the Gunners. Arsenal haven't even reached the final under him that many times. Us? Well, it's not right, but it's OK...

The above testimony represents the full and exact extent to which I give a fuck.

#BANTZ

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    skel said:

Hostilities resumed.

But seriously, if I worried about the thought of having those words pushed down my throat at some point in the future, do you think I would ever have posted them? Surprised it's taken this long, to be honest.
    I don't think anyone here really takes it all that seriously do they? I mean football forums are generally obnoxious places full of people with little else in their lives so they do indeed take it way too seriously. There's a Manc who been trying to troll one of the Arsenal forums for near a decade, I cram to understand. Funnily enough his last line of defence is always European silverware. Oh well.

I like that here it's as much about self-deprecation as it is 'smack talk', more shared interest than sectarian divider.

Okem said:
    Funnily enough his last line of defence is always European silverware. Oh well.

If you've got it, flaunt it.