Does he do bespoke?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    skel said:
    J i m s t e r said:

http://robertmball.com

Me old mucker from Runcorn

Excellent work. Very fresh and clean.
    Does he do bespoke?

Sure he will. He's in London anyway St*ve, buy man a pint and bend his ear.

His blog also has good stuff:

http://robertmball.wordpress.com/

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Ta Ji*, I'll note that and he might get a commission for the new year

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I recently moved and found this unpacking.

I remember it like it was yesterday. A young boy with hopes of an England win. I'm thinking I should come over for 2016 and buy a pint with this on the first match.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    This teaching job's a right lark...

Nooooo, so drunk I don't even remember the camera.

Duderonomy said:
    This teaching job's a right lark...

Nooooo, so drunk I don't even remember the camera.

Young teacher the subject
    Of school girl fantasy
    She wants him so badly
    Knows what she wants to be

Inside her there's longing
    This girl's an open page
    Book marking she's so close now
    This girl is half his age

Don't stand, don't stand so
    Don't stand so close to me

Her friends are so jealous
    You know how bad girls get
    Sometimes it's not so easy
    To be the teacher's pet

Temptation, frustration
    So bad it makes him cry
    Wet bus stop, she's waiting
    His car is warm and dry

Mmm, not quite like that (luckily), but I've been getting emails from the blonde in the middle of the photo everyday since. Had offers from two other students that night, one of which was a man :bug: Thanking whichever primal survival instincts (some less primal than others I hasten to add!) told me to go home alone. Needless to say, this part wasn't in the teaching training course.

magpaul said:
    Also Fantasy League is back on!

Also, re-igniting my lone campaign to do this without weekly transfers as I never have time for team management (not that this excuses my piss-poor selections). One season, one team... or maybe a January transfer window, just like in real life.

L*o, how about this: only pick players with a certain consonant in their first or second name.

Tbh I can parlay my team into that Everton/Spurs berth without too much effort, unable to punch above that. So the league gets a bit monotonous, as it must for fans of those teams IRL.

You have the letter T. I'll have S.

skel said:
    L*o, how about this: only pick players with a certain consonant in their first or second name.

Tbh I can parlay my team into that Everton/Spurs berth without too much effort, unable to punch above that. So the league gets a bit monotonous, as it must for fans of those teams IRL.

You have the letter T. I'll have S.

That leaves me with John Terry?

Effort = the weekly transfers reward those with the most time on their hands (imho, and I also realise this sounds like a sore loser speaking as I usually finish last). Picking one, unchangeable squad would really show who knows their onions... or just gets luckiest with injuries etc.

Sturridge, Tim Howard, Yaya Toure, Mesut Ozil....

Actually, I'll have T, you have S.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's a close one but i recon the S's would win.

Mesut Ozil, Petr Cech, Matic, Santi Cazorla, Mertesacker, Distin, Costa, Sturridge, Hart, Vincent Company, Martin Demichelis, Jovetic, Toure, Mata, Robin Vancunting Persie, Leighton Baines, Garry Barry, Tim Howard,

Szczesny, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Ramsey, Santi Cazorla, Mesut, Alexis Sanchez, Sagna, Nasri, Navas, Silva, Sergio Aguero, Evens, Smalling, Distin, Fabregas, Oscar, Stevie Me, Sakho, Schurrle, Costa, Sturridge, Martin Demichelis, Vassiriki Abou Diaby

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I made a team for Fantasy Footballs but it wants to charge me a fiver to play WTF??

bollocks. seems i clicked the wrong button. derp

Reminds me to make the SSFL ready for bithnith, batches.

Join code: 265932-71851

:beerbang:

b/w

Adam :lalala:

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Picking one, unchangeable squad would really show who knows their onions.

this was the secret behind my Ohio YOLOs resounding success last season.

b/w

apparently the old codgers at teh CBF, when they're not pocketing medals and money like the generals were still in power, they also like to do their best Sideshow Bob w/ the rakes routine. So after firing Dunga to replace him with Mano Menezes and then replace him with Felipão and then fire Felipão, they've decided the best way to change things up is to hire Dunga again. Expect more troglodyte football. To paraphrase someone or other, the CBF may not be getting the coach they need but they're ending up with the coach they deserve.

ppadilha said:
    Dunga .

Shit name, literally, shit player, shitt coach.

RIP Brasilian football

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Bring it folls! I got Crouch on my team. :balla:

For those who are interested, a friend of mine has been fixated with trying to work out who the secret footballer is (the Guardian's anonymous football columnist) and for a while has settled on David Kitson.
    He emailed me these two links and sites the timing as proof:

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/20587/sands-of-time-running-out/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28419253

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    It never occured to me until now that van gaal might be the shot in the arm Man U needed..i thought they were doomed to be surpassed by other teams proposing cahmp league football now..but actually he can get them back to form in the same way he whipped this netherlands squad back into shap..with giigsè blessing and locker room introduction

meanwhile, in Mexico, dude scores a goal FOUR SECONDS from the start of a game:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    For those who are interested, a friend of mine has been fixated with trying to work out who the secret footballer is (the Guardian's anonymous football columnist) and for a while has settled on David Kitson.
    He emailed me these two links and sites the timing as proof:

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/20587/sands-of-time-running-out/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28419253

If I'd known you were that keen to find out who TSF was, I could have told you years ago. ;)

He's the neighbour of a friend of mine. I even did some work for him at one point a few years ago, helping out with some copyright-related stuff for a business idea of his. He's a nice fella, and it was clear he was very comfortable expressing himself via the written word. For a while, I thought TSF was Danny Murphy, but shortly after Kitson's name first came up in connection with the column, around two or three years back, the penny dropped.

Yeah I remember Danny Murphy being mooted as a suspect, but then people started talking about articles where he mentioned relegation and different clubs that didn't match Murphy's career. For a while people also suggested it was different players giving anecdotes - I think it should've been actually (or could be in future?). Would've been nice for players knowing they could get something off their chest anonymously if they wanted.

Man U are trying to sell Fellaini. He's their third most expensive signing ever, but more importantly, he and Moyes both contributed two gifs that encapsulated the comedy of their season:

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    He's their third most expensive signing ever

6th most expensive (Mata, Berbatov, Rio, Herrera and Veron cost more) He is shit though.

So very, very unexcited about the forthcoming season.
    Same old banal same old on the horizon. A trough of jaded despair.

Thinking of heading back to the non-league scene for the realness.

Dulwich Hamlet w/ the punk chants.
    Fisher Athletic for that pre-PC vibe.
    Chubby full-backs called Les and lock-ins with wiry wingers in mad boozers off the Old Kemt Road.

Those were the days.
    Sigh.

In Libertadores news, last night the first semi-final was decided, with Paraguyan minnows Nacional (aka Nacional Querido) making it to the final for the first time in their history. But the most important part is the fact that they're represented online via this masterpiece of web design:
    http://nacionalquerido.com/

skel said:

Chubby full-backs called Les and lock-ins with wiry wingers in mad boozers off the Old Kemt Road.

Those were the days.
    Sigh.

Looking forward to it personally, I think the City squad is still being assembled and this year they will hopefully be stingier at the back. I was hoping Pellegrini could lure Isco last year, fingers crossed it comes off this time. There should be some attractive attacking footy coming out of the side this year and we should progress further in the CL. After years in the doldrums these are good times and I for one thank our Arab overlords etc.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    skel said:

Those were the days.
    Sigh.

Looking forward to it personally, I think the City squad is still being assembled and this year they will hopefully be stingier at the back. I was hoping Pellegrini could lure Isco last year, fingers crossed it comes off this time. There should be some attractive attacking footy coming out of the side this year and we should progress further in the CL. After years in the doldrums these are good times and I for one thank our Arab overlords etc.

I'm not a Citeh fan but I'd like to see Aguero get a complete season in without all the injury problems. Class dude.

Dude has been picking up hamstring problems recently and IIRC a muscle tear in the WC.

While I don't believe he's a Ledley King situation (who couldn't even train), he seems destined to miss half a dozen games with knocks.

Ravel Morrison though.
    No wonder they've all wanted shot of him.
    A constantly happening accident.

A Bartonesque future awaits.