TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    He didn't seem concerned about Wilshire and Ramsey when he brought Ozil in...

Seems poor business any way you cut it, apart from Chelsea's viewpoint.

They didn't even get Bigfat going the other way...

Assuming le Arse are still trying to do some good business before the window is closed, i am actually fine with passing on Cesc. Yeah, he's a great player, but obviously its not that simple or Barca wouldn't have let him go.

If Arse are going to spend another 30M+ on a single player (which i doubt they will), I would prefer that to be a striker. Creative midfielders are not a big hole for arsenal, and I do agree that if you bring Cesc back on a 4yr, you are basically telling Wilshire that he's done.

But point taken -- Chelsea have done amazing business this summer, specifically in being able to sell sideshow bob for 50M.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Do you think Jose will, given the nature of the squad now, play more adventurous football?

I recall the 'Pool fans being utterly disappointed by his "Rent Boy" bus/break approach the last time the sides met. It seems to be his go-to formation when there is anything at risk. It served them well when they played Barca and dem. And with Inter.

I don't think the Powers That Be at Real would stomach it. Not with their layout on attacking players.

I'd like to think Costa/Drogba will be scoring for fun (for the good of the game - and obviously sustaining mortal injuries against City) but maybe I'm a dreamer.

• General Levy getting wide at 19:35.....
    :zooted:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Speaking of transfers, I really must learn to rein in the giddiness. Over the weekend while I was out, I glanced at a story on my Twitter feed about Ibrahimovic getting crocked and how this might scupper LFC's transfer plans. I nearly wet myself. "We're in for Ibra?!?", I thought, "How come I never heard anything about this..?"

Anyway, after my getting far too excited about it, someone pointed out that the scuppering related to Cavani, who's been an LFC target for a minute, and how PSG might not want to sell him after all if the Prince of Darkness was going to be spending the first half of the season on the treatment table.

And now there is talk of Balotelli at Anfield, and I so want this to be true. Loads of my mates are saying, "Bad move, that", "loose cannon", "club before cunts" and all kinds of other things. It's probably just the giddiness talking again, but I'm thinking of a Balotelli/Sturridge twin attack that only needs to be manageable long enough for us to win the Prem. Would it work? Who knows? But I doubt there's a defence in the league that wouldn't shit themselves at the thought of facing it.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:
    General Levy getting wide at 19:35.....
    :zooted:

Thanks for this.
    The 'rents would have a shit-fit if they knew their BBC licence fee was being spent on Grime nation rastaman vibration ting, but I'm feeling it. Such good fun.
    Dudes in 2024 shouting 'shut your pie hole', and rendering it correctly as 'shacha pi oh', and on Auntie to boot, is rad.

Doc u cannot be serious about Balotelli.
    He is such a liability.
    Really don't need the media circus after Suarez.
    Your boy Rodgers has shipped in the no-drama quality, and if a creative spark is needed, there are better options out there IMHO.

I was sad to see man go at City, but really, there was too much off the field and not enough on. He put a few in against Un*ted in that mauling, but the best game I've ever seen him play was for Italy when he ripped his shirt off. And he's inconsistent for them.

No Suarez.

Most aren't.

• Jack Wilshere will never be half the player Fabregas is. He'll never be the player everyone expected Jack Wilshere to be.

Passing on taking Fabregas back is just crazy. No risk involved - you know the Premier League style of play suits him.

Arsenal fans and Wenger fans will regret it. Guaranteed.

Gibbs is injured again - quelle surprise!!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Speaking of transfers, I really must learn to rein in the giddiness. Over the weekend while I was out, I glanced at a story on my Twitter feed about Ibrahimovic getting crocked and how this might scupper LFC's transfer plans. I nearly wet myself. "We're in for Ibra?!?", I thought, "How come I never heard anything about this..?"

Anyway, after my getting far too excited about it, someone pointed out that the scuppering related to Cavani, who's been an LFC target for a minute, and how PSG might not want to sell him after all if the Prince of Darkness was going to be spending the first half of the season on the treatment table.

And now there is talk of Balotelli at Anfield, and I so want this to be true. Loads of my mates are saying, "Bad move, that", "loose cannon", "club before cunts" and all kinds of other things. It's probably just the giddiness talking again, but I'm thinking of a Balotelli/Sturridge twin attack that only needs to be manageable long enough for us to win the Prem. Would it work? Who knows? But I doubt there's a defence in the league that wouldn't shit themselves at the thought of facing it.

I'm still hoping for Falcao to come to Anfield. Despite his injury he will still do damage. Real Madrid are cunts and they would probably have him sitting on the bench half the time (plus they have to sell DiMaria or another international before they can buy Falcao according to Spanish football rules). Falcao has enough pace to get onto the through passes from Sterling, Coutinho and Hendo, and has the class to finish them easily or link up with Sturridge for the tap-in. I know it probably won't happen, but hey.

Overall I've been pretty happy with Liverpool's summer signings so far. Emre Can will be a beast! But yes, a striker is gonna get copped in the next two weeks. Trust. Balotelli, Ibra, or Cavani would each be great signings, IMO, just to add some hype to the squad after the loss of Suarez and keep teams from thinking that our attack has been lessened by his departure. I think even Bony would be a good striker for us.

What's up with the Reus link? He is under contract until next summer without a buyout clause.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

No Suarez.

FALSE SUAREZ

FALSE SUAREZ

Malky getting totally rinsed.

The Cardiff fan forum in meltdown.

If true, him and the Moody dude will never work again, and good riddance.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2730307/Malky-Mackay-Iain-Moody-investigated-FA-sexist-racist-homophobic-text-messages-time-Cardiff.html

Malky Mackay texts:

In July 2012, Cardiff signed South Korean international Kim Bo-kyung, but when Moody informed Mackay on July 12 that ÔÇÿfive of the b******s including the playerÔÇÖ were arriving for talks, the reply from MackayÔÇÖs phone was: ÔÇÿFkn chinkys.ÔÇÖ A further message says: ÔÇÿFk it. ThereÔÇÖs enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.ÔÇÖ
    In reference to the prominent football agent, Phil Smith, a text states: ÔÇÿGo on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingersÔÇÖ. The Israeli club, Maccabi Tel Aviv, are also referred to simply as ÔÇÿthe JewsÔÇÖ.
    A football official at another club is referred to as ÔÇÿa gay snakeÔÇÖ and ÔÇÿthe homoÔÇÖ and someone who is ÔÇÿnot to be trustedÔÇÖ, while a French player is someone ÔÇÿwho struck me as an independently minded young homoÔÇÖ.
    An exchange with a young player who has a female agent makes reference to a sex act and states: ÔÇÿI hope sheÔÇÖs looking after your needs,ÔÇÖ the player is then told. ÔÇÿI bet youÔÇÖd love a bounce on her falsies.ÔÇÖ
    On August 16, 2012, a list of players proposed by a French agent is forwarded, stating to Mackay that ÔÇÿhe needs to rename his agency the All BlacksÔÇÖ. A separate text in reference to a list of French players states: ÔÇÿNot many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.ÔÇÖ
    In a separate exchange a picture entitled ÔÇÿBlack MonopolyÔÇÖ is sent, with every square a ÔÇÿGo To JailÔÇÖ square. Of one African player, it is stated: ÔÇÿDoesnÔÇÖt look like a good cv. And heÔÇÖs Nigerian.ÔÇÖ

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    He's definitely won bigotry bingo with that. There's barely anyone left to insult.

Liverpool to sign Balotelli for £16 million?

Hoping Arsene gazumps them with a cheeky +£1 bid.

I'm sure many Lpool fans will too.

Yes he will score some goals, secure some points.
    But there's a reason that every club has shipped him on after a year or two.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    skel said:

bingo!
    it's like dating a hot crazy chick -- when it's good, it's very fun, but in the back of your mind you know it will end badly and someone will get hurt (possibly physically).

Have fun with that envelope Brendan.

skel said:

The consensus amongst my LFC mates thus far is about 10-1 for "bad idea". I am in the :feelin_it: camp and, I don't know why, but I have a funny feeling it'll all work out fine.

For us.

Jimster, can you ask your mate to re-do his Mario pic in LFC colours? Or do I have to formally commission him?

By the time he's finished, he'll be playing for PSG

%-P

badder_than_evil said:
    Passing on taking Fabregas back is just crazy.

Apparently Cesc and Wenger spoke, cordially, but it was made apparent that with Ozil on board, there was no work for him.

I am sure the work was in there, in the games Ozil was invisible in.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Either his club or Mario's people have been pimping him like crazy all summer, he was joining Arsenal back in July, even tweeted picture of him at an Arsenal store. Wenger said it was all bollocks and he was never interested. Rodgers has been quoted saying 'he's catagorically not coming to Anfield', but maybe they've gotten desperate.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Mixed feelings. But I hope he does well, while hoping that all his hijinx were just youthful mistakes. I'm not sure if maturity will come along... Fingers crossed.

I am liking how deep the bench for Liverpool is looking this year.

• Balotelli will frustrate the shit out of Liverpool eventually I'm sure.
    Especially when he is playing in those games where it's blatantly obvious he doesn't want to play.

I got Can in the "Who will Balotelli fight in training" sweep.

ppadilha said:

Nobody would quit their job to tweet full-time would they???
    What a plank.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Haha, dude on the right is my boy

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Okem said:
    Either his club or Mario's people have been pimping him like crazy all summer, he was joining Arsenal back in July, even tweeted picture of him at an Arsenal store. Wenger said it was all bollocks and he was never interested. Rodgers has been quoted saying 'he's catagorically not coming to Anfield', but maybe they've gotten desperate.

I don't think it's desperation so much as a calculated gamble based on Milan's willingness to let us have him for a snip so long as we bought him outright.

Calling it now; by Christmas he'll have bagged more for us than Andy Carroll did in his entire LFC career.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Okem said:

I don't think it's desperation so much as a calculated gamble based on Milan's willingness to let us have him for a snip so long as we bought him outright.

Calling it now; by Christmas he'll have bagged more for us than Andy Carroll did in his entire LFC career.
    I know it's the silly season, but when a manager comes out publicly and says 'he's not coming here', you kind of read it as 'i don't want him here'.

I think he could do well for Liverpool. He's a handful and I guess there's always the option of starting Lambert in the games Mario thinks are beneath him, then bringing him on as a super sub to win the game and claim all the glory. He may bring with him untold baggage, but I don't think there was much chance of Liverpool signing any else with his level of talent this summer as the players just aren't out there.