TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    When Arsenal went in for Suarez (+£1) a lot of people thought he was a dangerous gamble, and some of my Gooner friends were quietly relieved when we got the mild mannered Ozil instead. Considering that we've been starting games with Yaya fucking Sanogo, I'd have taken Balotelli in a heartbeat. Sure he's got issues, but he scores goals. I'm glad he's come back to the Prem and I bet the press are too (all of this written under the assumption that he contractually agrees to behave himself!).

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Rodgers had rolled the dice, and it's 50/50 whether he'll get 4/plus or 3/minus.

If the former, it's a steal.
    If the latter, it'll be all told u so up in this bitch.

Omens and mitigations:

Leopard doesn't change spots vs surely he will mature
    His misdemeanours are relatively slight compared to other bad boys vs the media circus he will attract
    JoMo said he was unmanageable vs Rodgers seemingly tamed Suarez

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    At least we know for sure one name that will be in Rodger's envelopes of disappointment.

I will see Rodgers' envelope of disappointment and raise you LVG's parcel of despair.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    I think Balotelli is a decent gamble, especially considering they didn't pay a fortune for him by today's standards. Obviously he's crazy but I don't think his behavior is self-destructive in the same way a player like Adriano has become (dude is barely a functioning alcoholic at this point). So the guy might set his own house on fire or show up to practice with 200 puppies or something and probably not play every game, but when he feels like it he's one of the top 5 strikers in the world today.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Melwood earlier this evening.

Whatever happens next, it's not going to be boring.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Welcome to the Prem.

That's yer Sir Dickie Weepenborough, then.

RIP

He seemed like a decent guy. It's always cruel to pick favourites within families, but when David shuffles off his mortal coil I will be genuinely upset. He feels like family. I saw him doing a piece-to-camera in Oxford a couple of years ago, and really wanted to approach him and say something, but figured he probably gets that all the time, so I carried on my way, but now regret it.

Sorry Dickie!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    LOL

The 45 King.

It's missing a 'P' at the front

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It took me a while..

skel said:

Heh.

Slightly flattering scoreline in some ways tonight, I thought. City were annoyingly good though. Still, a few positives for us, which is something you don't often get to say after you've taken a bit of a thumping. We brightened up when Markovic came on, Moreno looks like the sort of player who'll actually benefit from being chucked in at the deep end, and hopefully Johnson's going to be out for a few games.

Okem said:
    It took me a while..

I thought I was going to have to ask! But yeah, what Moke said.

DocMcCoy said:
    skel said:

Heh.

Slightly flattering scoreline in some ways tonight, I thought. City were annoyingly good though. Still, a few positives for us, which is something you don't often get to say after you've taken a bit of a thumping. We brightened up when Markovic came on, Moreno looks like the sort of player who'll actually benefit from being chucked in at the deep end, and hopefully Johnson's going to be out for a few games.

I thought that the Pool did some good work before Jovetic got his first, it was a mistake that was punished and turned the momentum of the game back in City's favour. So yeah, slightly flattering. City can't rely on gifts in the CL.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    city were very impressive yesterday
    got the best out of jovetic and navas
    kun is back you guys will be strong with negredo back soon

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

The lad's boat though.
    If I didn't know he was a gifted and expensive top, top player he could easily pass as a Salford skaghead, a feral 'put a donk on it' ne'er do well.

Face like a rat. Or perhaps a ferret, or stoat. Or a weasel.
    Is there such a thing as an Argie weasel?
    Cough

B/w
    Hope they're paying him well. The price of corned beef is shocking these days.
    And it makes your piss stink of corned for daaaaays

Sugar Puffs.

There's another one that makes your piss stink.

I was listening to Level 42's "The Chinese Way" the other day and I thought to myself, I thought...

... He wrote this in a chippy, didn't he?

I mean, as you stand there in one, the lyrics are all around you.

It must have been like Keyser Soze in the cop shop.

But in the Isle of Wight. 15 years before.

Not even a proper club.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Good to see an Arsenal player scoring 2 against Yanited. doesn't happen too often.

MK Dons 4-0 Manchester United by ourmatch

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I'm delighted with the direction the club is headed. :balla:

Champions League group stage draw:

Group A

Atl├®tico Madrid, Juventus, Olympiakos, Malmo

Group B

Real Madrid, Basel, Liverpool, Ludogorets

Group C

Benfica, Zenit St. Petersburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco

Group D

Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, Galatasaray, Anderlecht

Group E

Bayern Munich, Man City, CSKA Moscow, Roma

Group F

Barcelona, PSG, Ajax, Apoel Nicosia

Group G

Chelsea, Schalke 04, Sporting, Maribor

Group H

FC Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Athletic Bilbao, BATE

Strangely, no clips of City beating them on the return leg in that montage.

If you are not better than the other teams in the group, you don't deserve to progress out of it.

You either encounter the hard teams early or late, but you must encounter at least one. Better early, so you have a fuller fit squad to pick from.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hello everybody, I miss almost all of you.

What ever happened to the proper meet up? Duder and Doc flying over for the weekend, Jimster coming down south (no euphemism), Me, Skel, Dutty, dutty, babylon grouping in London, Paul coming up from Kent, some more Strutters revealing their IRL personas then all down South to Okem's cottages?

Alternatively, a drink sometime would be nice. Still waiting for a continental friend or two to come visit and get merry on these shores.