Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Junior!

Yay.
    Welcome back.
    Long time no see
    Ok it was about 3 weeks ago.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Every day feels like a lifetime Mr skel.

Just hung up some more frames on the wall - Sound Gallery dude looking sorely unimpressed with his placement between some graffiti style covers. Decided to put on Bitches Brew to soundtrack my linkedin updates since the cover was out. Not very Friday night mood inducing I have to say.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Junior said:
    Hello everybody, I miss almost all of you.

What ever happened to the proper meet up? Duder and Doc flying over for the weekend, Jimster coming down south (no euphemism), Me, Skel, Dutty, dutty, babylon grouping in London, Paul coming up from Kent, some more Strutters revealing their IRL personas then all down South to Okem's cottages?

Alternatively, a drink sometime would be nice. Still waiting for a continental friend or two to come visit and get merry on these shores.

Let's do this.

b/w

Glad you're back. Life 2.0?

J i m s t e r said:
    Junior said:
    Hello everybody, I miss almost all of you.

What ever happened to the proper meet up? Duder and Doc flying over for the weekend, Jimster coming down south (no euphemism), Me, Skel, Dutty, dutty, babylon grouping in London, Paul coming up from Kent, some more Strutters revealing their IRL personas then all down South to Okem's cottages?

Alternatively, a drink sometime would be nice. Still waiting for a continental friend or two to come visit and get merry on these shores.

Let's do this.

b/w

Glad you're back. Life 2.0?

Excellent, how hard can it be? Considering previous meet-ups have always been on my doorstep I am very happy to consider whatever venues are convenient (though I do like the look of M*rk's country getaways).

Yep, think it's something like life 2.8 right now - working on getting to that 3rd iteration. Good fun and life lessons learnt, like a particularly gruelling episode of Doogie Howser. Or The Wonder Years without the explanatory voiceover. How are tricks J*m?

B/w

The Cars really were an unusual looking band weren't they. Having had them as part of my soundtrack since childhood, I've never really studied the people behind the tunes. Really can't marry their mugs with their music. Good for them

B/b/w, you might appreciate this one. Got a One Plus phone waiting for collection at the Post Office tomorrow. Still in the post guilt, pre disillusionment, excitement stage and looking forward to the thrill of working out how to operate it without some kind of laptop stand.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Junior, did you think it was safe to stick your head above the parapet now Van Gaal is in charge? He has his work cut out.
    I should also point out that your views on last season, and Moyes, were sorely, sorely missed.

Sanogo is woeful. Wenger is stubbornly persisting with his free French teenage transfer but it's not 1998 anymore. If we don't sign a real striker we're fucked.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Life without Suarez not looking too intolerable at the moment, I have to say.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Junior, did you think it was safe to stick your head above the parapet now Van Gaal is in charge? He has his work cut out.
    I should also point out that your views on last season, and Moyes, were sorely, sorely missed.
    Go easy on the fella, he's barely taken his shoes off and you're already hitting him with teh smack talk.

WB Muthafucker.

HOLY FUSK, am I the only one seeing a "WELCOME BACK" banner that scrolls down through this thead?

:face_melt:
    Presumably in honour of Junior what with the Van Gaal, Percy & Rooney decorartions!

Good work.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The Welcome Back banner is rad

Big ups to whomsoever is responsible.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul Ross on all fours.. apparently.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Okem.

Witchcraft innit.

Just read this in the Graun and it made me chuckle

On the south side of Northampton, a town an hour's drive north of London, stands a former cinema that is now the home of a discount sofa warehouse called The Sofa King. Outside, a sign proclaims the prices to be "Sofa King low!"

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Okem.

Witchcraft innit.
    The hoo-doo dat does html doo-doo.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    skel said:

I'm in NYC and just logged in to catch up on weekend match.

Banner was quality...

Oh lord amighty and all things sacrilegiously holy Shit! I am in awe of this banner. In. Awe. Thank you M*rk, you have made my Monday and even convinced me to accept L*o's offer to talk about the mighty United.

In all honesty I missed the second half of last season beyond a few Guardian articles and a lot of large front page pics of the crumpled sadness that was Moyes' face. It's still too early to really say about Van Gaal, I expect things will settle down in a bit and it's then about where they go next season since this was always going to be the transition from the transition (the injuries don't help matters). On the plus side, Unite'd current removal from contention has allowed me to enjoy watching the other big teams battle it out without concern about the knock on effect. Shame I've already missed the Fantasy football though probably not the best use of my time. Also, Louis' head is an exciting addition to the league in general, it's an extraordinary specimen.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Welcome back!

magpaul said:

"They told me Manchester, I thought I was signing for the champions!"

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    skel said:

Outstanding work. My cap is most assuredly doffed.

Okem said:
    Paul Ross on all fours.. apparently.

Really, does this look like the face of a man who'd have a gay meow-meow fuelled affair with a stranger met at a dogging site...

Footy: Sunday's rumours had Citeh vs Arse in for Falcao. Citeh even offloaded a striker (Jovetic) to comply with FFP (which leaves them a little light up front now). If they're still in the market for a striker, Wenger's chances are slim to zero of beating them to a signature. Maybe he should just focus on that defensive midfielder we need and recall Afobe from MK Dons. We've got another kid called Akpom haven't we? Don't tell me, he's also on loan scoring hat-tricks for fun.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Man Utd are screwed. Even with Van Gaal in charge, without champs league I don't think they'll attract the top, top players they need to turn their squad around.
    Such a shame.

magpaul said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Man Utd are screwed. Even with Van Gaal in charge, without champs league I don't think they'll attract the top, top players they need to turn their squad around.
    Such a shame.

Hah, they're splashing the cash with more success than I thought possible!

Possible formation?

Rumours about Falcao are that his deal to Real Madrid was agreed and he tweeted about it but after the medical they weren't convinced he would be able to play 2 games a week so told him to go to Man Utd for a year to prove his fitness and Man Utd gave Real Hernandez as a sweetner.
    Still a coup for Man U if he helps them back into the top 4.

Where's Roll-Up Man?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I never expected us to get Falcao cause I've pretty much given up on this lot showing any sort of ambition in the transfer market. What's the point of being owned by some billionaire yank cunt if he isn't going to invest in the club. I cram to understand.

• suarez leaving melwood

Duderonomy said:

Where's Roll-Up Man?

Not a roll-up. Definitely not a roll-up.

vintageinfants said:

suarez leaving melwood

Crocodile tears.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Well we've signed Welbeck apparently. hmm say a million gooners (or whatever the sound of being whelmed is) I always liked the lad, but can he play centre back or defensive midfield?

I'm sure he'll do well for us & it's good to build up our British core.

Okem said:
    Well we've signed Welbeck apparently. FFS, not Heskey MkII say a million gooners

Fixed. My whelm has just joined Melbourne FC on a free transfer.

Duderonomy said:
    Duderonomy said:

Where's Roll-Up Man?

Not a roll-up. Definitely not a roll-up.

The dildo has it's own twitter account now: https://twitter.com/TransferDildo

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Okem said:
    Well we've signed Welbeck apparently. FFS, not Heskey MkII say a million gooners

Fixed. My whelm has just joined Melbourne FC on a free transfer.
    Jesus, he's not that bad. The boy can play.