Was gonna say. Goals of the tourney so far for me:

Cahill volley
    Van Persie superman header
    Dempsey drive

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    CHILE 1 SPAIN 0 !!!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Chile fuck the yes.
    And Vargas with the Anarchy sign rap hands.

Full of YES

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Ba boom!

Is Spain the new old France?!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    CHI CHI CHI, LE LE LE!!!!!!!!

It's hard to believe this is the greatest national team of the modern age (if not ever). Spain look utterly pedestrian.

Duder, how's it going down in Barca?

Cup of cold sick or fiesta time?

And speak on Uruguayan bird.
    Speak!

• JectWon said:
    Gotta question...so, I called in work sick so I could OD on World Cup while Wifey is outta town....it's 1:20PM eastern time US....should I or should I not crack a beer right now?

most days i need only the tiniest excuse to crack at 11:01am. during the World Cup, you need only wait until hour before kickoff.

Come on the Chile!

Vamanos or Venceremos.
    I can't call it.

I'm shame-faced by my lack of Spanish. Maybe not that shame-faced. Having a good time, teaching is going well, but need to get some proper hours sorted next academic year (in Sept) as I'm working little, earning little, but having it large. Seeing enough sun that I've been informed that I could pass for a Spaniard, although I've never been labelled English until I open my pie-hole.
    Just got an email from a friend who's sold his house in London and made a large profit. He wants to buy me a ticket to Thailand as he says he'd have more fun with me there, so I'm kind of looking forward to that if it pans out. Uruguayan bird... never really followed it up due to the lingo problem, and I'm also wondering how she'll react to England winning. She seems the angry type, so already thinking I might do well to avoid.
    I just moved into a flat, but have to move out end of July. When I moved in, the French landlady (40ish) explained that she'd just split-up with her Brasilian boyfriend (50). Apparently he was getting jealous of the Chilean lodger (22). Things came to a head when the Brasilian walked in to the bathroom to the Chilean beating his meat. Brasilian got angry, started swearing, and threw the Chilean's bicycle down the stairs (3rd floor flat), tried to start on the Chilean who, as a sometime kickboxer and in much better shape, chose to laugh off the provocations for a fight. French landlady realised Brasilian might be a bit cuckoo, and kicked him out. Wanted extra money so here I am. Now slightly annoyed to hear that she's decided to move to Brasil to be with said nutter, but sailor V.

You had me at large profit

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    JectWon said:
    Gotta question...so, I called in work sick so I could OD on World Cup while Wifey is outta town....it's 1:20PM eastern time US....should I or should I not crack a beer right now?

We call them elevenses. Can be had any time after 11am.

Ok Le*, why you not hitting 40yo French woman?

You love French women. It's a no brainer.

• "my bracket is fucked"

-everyone

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    This is some crazy shit.

skel said:
    Ok Le*, why you not hitting 40yo French woman?

You love French women. It's a no brainer.

Yes, normally this is true, but she's not hawt, and she has a 3 yr-old. I'll leave that business alone!

Goodbye Spain!

Lollers

:yay:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,888 Posts
    Oh my days! Out like flares!

Sail a vee.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Hand full o' beers in, at this point. Australia/Netherlands is the game of the tourney (at this point, IMO)...Spain got GOT..still can't wrap my handegg brain about how that happened.

BTW, ended up watching the Chile/Spain game on the beach with a cooler because....the internet is fucking amazing and between my phone and a sound system I was able to do so with ease...it wasn't the beaches of Brazil but it'll do.

Thanks for the beer consumption advice, Strutteurs...

B/W

Don't forget about your randomly generated team...doth thou ride?????

I AM HONDURAS....

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    Just chiming in to say Cahill's goal was amazing and Brasil are slightly fucked no matter which team finishes 2nd in that group.

World Cup tho, fucking love it. I wanted to hug everyone in the stadium at the end of the game.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    Otto Rehagel looks like Fitzcarraldo.

• My countrymen looked not great tonight, good thing the Dutchies won, but if they keep that level up they wont go far. I am calling it though: Van Persie/Robben tied for most goals at the end of the Cup.

My SS team...

Wont be going too far FO SHO.

• And they kind of look like they are bumming each other there.

• And they only have 1 shirt per player:

Iran Ban Players From Exchanging Shirts In Brazil

By OLUBUNMI BENSON

IranÔÇÖs footballers at the World Cup have been told not to swap shirts with opponents at the tournament ÔÇô for fear of running out of supplies.

ÔÇ£We are not giving the players a shirt for every game, the players have to be economical with the shirts,ÔÇØ Iranian football federation FFI president Ali Kafaschian told Fars news agency.

The practice of swapping shirts after major games and events is common practice in football and for Iranian players who rarely encounter European or South American opposition, an opponentÔÇÖs shirt would have a memorable souvenir to take back from Brazil.
    As Iran face Argentina and Lionel Messi in their second group match, it is hard to imagine the players not ignoring the ruling from the FFI president.
    When one remembers that Iran stands to earn a minimum of $8 million from the tournament, the decision to stop players exchanging jerseys with a retail value of approximately $50, seems churlish in the extreme.

The Iran federation has, meanwhile, been trying to address complaints from players and coaches about the quality of the kit supplied.
    The new shirts are made by the small German football manufacture Uhlsport, who have been the official shirt supplier for the Iranian National Football team since 2012.

However, the players appear to be recipients of a rogue batch.

Reserve keeper Ali-Resa Haghighi has been quoted as saying his tracksuit in size XL shrank to medium after the first wash ÔÇô but the federation president claims he washed it at the wrong water temperature. Haghighi, clearly, is a man who does not normally do his own laundry.

In the event of an unlikely run to the final, the quality of these shirts really will be put to the test.
    Iran play in Group F against Nigeria, Argentina and Bosnia-Herzegovina.

• Oli─ì looks like he learned to play in prison.

I'm just saying..... he could probably take you to see some bodies.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    StrutTeammate Alex Song with the weirdest punch of all time. WTF dude?

• OptimusLime said:
    And they kind of look like they are bumming each other there.

lol i scrolled back up and, sure enough, the 3 dudes in the middle are gettin it in.

i don't know shit about soccer but have been really enjoying following this world cup so far. one question tho. why do a lot of the british announcers call the goals with so little energy? especially on the radio... i'm listening like "oh shit, wait, did he say he scored?". obviously the spanish broadcasts are fuckin awesome and you know EXACTLY when a goal is scored, but, even the americans give it some enthusiasm on the call. just curious....