'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Back to real NBA ish'...

Indiana ain't losing game 7 to the Hawks.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Some comedic relief for yall. This is old, but funny as hell....

• OptimusLimeOptimusLime 227 Posts
    Here's a fun one. Paul George might get a one game suspension for game 7. He came off the bench a little quickly during a little kerfulffle and so he's facing a 50K fine and possible suspension....

Z-Bo definately out for game 7 for... well.... punching Steven Adams in the FACE. Nice one Zach, surely your team wont need you.

PG is playing game 7.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    so this is what $25k gets you huh

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DeJuan Blair....that is all.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Damian Lillard fothermuckers!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    CLAP YA HANDS
    [removed][removed]

would someone care to explain to me how you get a technical foul for demonstrative actions overturned by review?

never seen that one before

vintageinfants said:
    would someone care to explain to me how you get a technical foul for demonstrative actions overturned by review?

Its no different from showing up the ref after a bad foul call.

So can the young Raptors close the series or w/ the Nets go into Toronto and take game 7?
    Did Deron Williams blow his load, or will he continue his attack?

Will Atlanta regain their shooting stroke against the re-tooled Pacers smaller ball defense in Indiana?

Will Mark Jackson still suck or will The Clippers choke at home?

Does Memphis even have chance?

batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:

Its no different from showing up the ref after a bad foul call.

KG caught a tech, the reviewed it, and said "naw it's all good, no tech. LOL".

vintageinfants said:
    OptimusLime said:

Also Wizards win in 5 playing excellent offensive ball. Good show. They'll get beat by the other teams in round 2, but good on them for getting to round 2.

not a sure thing they lose in round 2 when they're gonna get atlanta. gonna be a slugfest watched by hundreds of people.

"Light a candle for Paul George".........

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Zach Randolph edges out about 5 other dudes for "Knucklehead Of The Year"

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Wow OKC, it only took you 7 games, getting Grizzlies Suspended, and 4 overtimes to beat the number 7 seed.

Durant and Westbrook: overrated

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Very happy to see that NBA 'ish is on the front page of ESPN and not the Mayweather fight results...this first round has been way more exciting than anything that main event PPV boxing has offered in a long time...

Beware the Pacers...the last team to struggle like they have against an 'ehhhhh' Atl squad in the first round was the 2008 Celtics. Just sayin' anything can happen after you advance...

JOEEEEY CRAWFORRRRD.......

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:

Will the Spurs get knocked.
    Will Indiana continue to implode?
    Can the Clippers collapse or gather themselves?
    Is Portland the Real Deal?
    Washington & Wall growing up?
    Will The Bobcats gain from this experience?
    Can Toronto prevail?

No.
    Yes.*
    Collapse.*
    Realer than Houston.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    No.

Spurs vs Trailblazers
    Thunder vs Clippers

Pacers vs Wizards
    Heat vs Nets

I'm gonna go out on a limb and take,

Spurs
    Thunder
    Pacers
    Heat

I cant call the West.

I mean as far as consistency is concerned, you got to give it to the Spurs.

I absolutely hate how the Clips won the last few games.

The Thunder if they can find don't just settle for jumpers and help on defense have the most potential

Sorry, still not a believer in the Blazers. Aldridge has like two moves. Run right into the defender with his left-shoulder and pull-up, or that turn-around fade-away thing. Like Charles Barkley says all the time, they're a jump-shooting team.

Still think it's the Heat's title to lose. They can turn it on when they feel like it. Haven't watched enough of the Nets to have an opinion. Don't think none of the other teams can reallly give 'em problems though. Would like to see OKC/Miami or Spurs/Miami like I said at the beginning of the season.

The_Hook_Up said:
    Wow OKC, it only took you 7 games, getting Grizzlies Suspended, and 4 overtimes to beat the number 7 seed.

Durant and Westbrook: overrated

Memphis was playing great basketball after the Allstar break. Conley's developed into a stud. Tony Allen has championship pedigree. They were a tough opponent.

Harden definitely gave them that extra edge......which they are cleary lacking now. Imagine if they paid that extra luxury tax, the West would have been a lock with the development of Ibaka and Reggie Jackson.

OKC is extra-scary when Westbrook passes.

yuichi said:
    Harden definitely gave them that extra edge......which they are cleary lacking now. Imagine if they paid that extra luxury tax, the West would have been a lock with the development of Ibaka and Reggie Jackson.

Reggie Jackson would have been stunted w/ Harden handling the ball.

I dont know if he gets that same opportunity off the bench w/ Harden still there.

He flourished w/ Harden gone and Westbrook injured.

batmon said:
    OKC is extra-scary when Westbrook passes.

He's not used to passing as it showed when he would get caught up in the air and fling it to the wing. A better look yesterday, sometimes you need EVERYONE on your ass to be deliberate with your play. When the ball moves, and role players get touches, it frees up Durant....when Durant gets more space, we all know what happens.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Reggie Jackson would have been stunted w/ Harden handling the ball.

I dont know if he gets that same opportunity off the bench w/ Harden still there.

He flourished w/ Harden gone and Westbrook injured.

Reggie Jackson can obviously get you buckets. Kevin Martin can get you buckets. But when they had Westbrook/Harden/Durant running full speed. That shit was damn near unstoppable. I don't remember how many times Harden just took it coast-to-coast through two defenders when the offense got stagnant.

The ultimate goal for a franchise should be to win titles....They totally went the opposite direction trying to save money with that move. They're never gonna be as good as they once were.

yuichi said:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and take,

Spurs
    Thunder
    Pacers
    Heat

Don't count Lillard out. I have more than once, and I was wrong.

yuichi said:

Sorry, still not a believer in the Blazers. Aldridge has like two moves. Run right into the defender with his left-shoulder and pull-up, or that turn-around fade-away thing. Like Charles Barkley says all the time, they're a jump-shooting team.

Jump shots win games.