'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    JectWon said:
    Indiana exercising the last foul they had to give (with 8 seconds left) was fucking smart. I know its a semi obvious move, but I really think that it fucked with Wall's head and the rest of the Wiazards...they had no timeouts left and were forced to just reset right quick...congrats to the Pacers.

Let's continue the fuggin' amazing NBA 2014 NBA playoffs (minus the ignorant static).

Nice analyses, man! You're indeed a student of the game. Again, I'll reiterate that the Thunder will NEVER win a championship with dumb-ass (in terms of lacking court savvy) Russell Westbrook at point guard. A championship team MUST have a sound playmaker.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

For the record, I never said they will win it.

I'm just saying, OKC is not as good as they were 3 years ago.

Blazers/Spurs series is so done.........Not even in the same class.

Must be sweet for Ray Allen beating up on them old dudes (Pierce/KG) and Brooklyn.

I wanna see a Spurs/Heat again....

Bill Simmons should not be on the same panel as Doug Collins and Jalen Rose. Dude's words are really LIGHT, like Michelob ultra-light, with half-the calories type light. Speaks like a stats/fantasy guy and has no real insight on the actual game...

• yuichi said:
    Bill Simmons should not be on the same panel as Doug Collins and Jalen Rose. Dude's words are really LIGHT, like Michelob ultra-light, with half-the calories type light. Speaks like a stats/fantasy guy and has no real insight on the actual game...

Aw, Spanky, you're just cranky because it is STILL true that Simmons knows more about the game than you and your extended family (and all your friends and former friends) ever have or will.

Ha ha.

And, um, Doug Collins? Is he even alive? A cardboard cutout of Paul Mokeski could offer more insight about the game than that pickled-looking bastard does.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Can anyone tell me why Mark Jackson was fired? I don't follow that squad at all but it seemed like he was improving the team (at least, they look better than before he was coaching them).

Can anyone school me?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    He didnt get along with upper management.

They want a yes man.

batmon said:

They want a yes man.

So, it wasn't some strategic inability on his part or something he fucked up that I'm missing? That sucks. I assumed they would be happy with his performance, thus far.

JectWon said:
    batmon said:

They want a yes man.

So, it wasn't some strategic inability on his part or something he fucked up that I'm missing? That sucks. I assumed they would be happy with his performance, thus far.

go to Hoopshype....they have plenty of rumors and speculation.

He needs to go somewhere where they let him do his thing.
    Also as a rookie coach he could have let up a little despite his success.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/golden_state_warriors?page=2

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:

They want a yes man.

They weren't super-geeked on his Xs and Os, but they were OK with it. Mostly, they didn't like how he ran things--all that turmoil with his assistants, for example, always trying to grab the shine for himself. They were also a little miffed that he refused to move up to Oakland because he's pastor at a church in SoCal and wanted to stay down there.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:

They want a yes man.

They weren't super-geeked on his Xs and Os, but they were OK with it. Mostly, they didn't like how he ran things--all that turmoil with his assistants, for example, always trying to grab the shine for himself. They were also a little miffed that he refused to move up to Oakland because he's pastor at a church in SoCal and wanted to stay down there.

They weren't happy with his rotations. This year he would have all 5 starters subbed at the same time. He lost to several below .500 teams. He would not call time outs when the other team would go on a run. This year he lost his main assistant Malone who became the head of the Kings. Jackson wanted his own team completely and rejected suggestions from others. He banned Jerry West from practices. He blew off the main owner who tried to talk to him about the above. He was criticized for not practicing as much and not preparing his teams as much before games. This led to a disagreement with one of his assistants Scalabrini who was sent to the D-League. Another similar disagreement led to the firing of another assistant coach.

The owners were unhappy with this so they fired him. An alternative could have been to get a veteran assistant to help him with the Xs and Os, but apparently Jackson was resistant to that and wanted to run everything himself this season. He is a great leader and motivator, but all of the above cost him his job.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    All the things J***l refers to were kinda underreported in the sports media to my eyes. Color me as one of the folks that was surprised at the firing, but once I dug into it (and I was in the East Bay when it happened so I got to read the Chronicle's coverage) it made a lot more sense.

Darren Balls out Collison. Fuck a CP.

what a fuckin' finish.

Bill Simmons gruel. "Pre-game, me and Doug Collins was arguing about how the Clippers should use Willie Green over Darren Collison".

"You know, last summer when they acquired...blah blah"

The Bullets ain't winning this one either. They keep leaving the damn back door wide open...Batmon is right, they are playing young and letting opponents back in the game.

If i was Washington, id let Wall play off ball for a stint so he can score and not worry about distributing.

Id let Miller run point and let Wall score or at least make the Indiana back court work harder.

They have a good future. Great mix of youth and vets. I hope they dont Golden State themselves.

Durants MVP speech is that shit.

They have a good future.

Pretty impressed with Beal. Nene was bound to do some good as well, once healthy.

But these are the Wizards......I wouldn't count on ownership to pay out the dough, and see if they can develop as a team.

batmon said:
    Durants MVP speech is that shit.

Damn...thank you for posting this. I just watched the whole thing.

That was probably the most sincere acceptance speech I have ever heard and the part for his mom at the end was so awesome.

i cried

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:

They want a yes man.

Seemed like Mark Jackson already was destined to be fired when it happened but some of the things Jackson was saying during the Clippers series were a blatant conflict of interest, talking about how if he was Doc Rivers he might not feel comfortable coaching the team (a team Jackson had lobbied to coach himself) and how the Clippers should maybe boycott a game. As the opposing coach, he should have been a little more careful with what he said as his own team could have stood to benefit from the turmoil.

white_tea said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:

They want a yes man.

Seemed like Mark Jackson already was destined to be fired when it happened but some of the things Jackson was saying during the Clippers series were a blatant conflict of interest, talking about how if he was Doc Rivers he might not feel comfortable coaching the team (a team Jackson had lobbied to coach himself) and how the Clippers should maybe boycott a game. As the opposing coach, he should have been a little more careful with what he said as his own team could have stood to benefit from the turmoil.

This was beyond basketball, and i dont see Jackson trying to take advantage of a situation where the opposing teams owner made fucked up statements. Jackson didnt say anything that other Black coaches werent saying. The Clippers already were in boycott mode before that shit.
    If his team (wins anyone) had no problems w/ his procedures, let his ass live.

This is similar to the Larry Brown stint with the Knicks. He didnt give a fuck about management's media filtering and did things how he wanted to. Its his fuckin' team. Everybody else outside of the locker-room can kiss our ass.
    Brown had the luxury of have a decent winning career and turning things around, and even he was booted after inheriting a questionable roster.

Good luck w/ wack ass Stan Van Gundy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    i cried

How can you not root for this dude.....and I truly believe dude just wanted to be a "rec" coach and help kids like someone obviously did for him.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    white_tea said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:

They want a yes man.

This was beyond basketball, and i dont see Jackson trying to take advantage of a situation where the opposing teams owner made fucked up statements. Jackson didnt say anything that other Black coaches werent saying. The Clippers already were in boycott mode before that shit.
    If his team (wins anyone) had no problems w/ his procedures, let his ass live.

This is similar to the Larry Brown stint with the Knicks. He didnt give a fuck about management's media filtering and did things how he wanted to. Its his fuckin' team. Everybody else outside of the locker-room can kiss our ass.
    Brown had the luxury of have a decent winning career and turning things around, and even he was booted after inheriting a questionable roster.

Good luck w/ wack ass Stan Van Gundy.

NBA coaches are like politicians....there seems to be a pool of about 10 to choose from and 9 of them have already proven they suck.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I spent the weekend around Portland and Portland fans. It was a bit uncomfortable.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    I spent the weekend around Portland and Portland fans. It was a bit uncomfortable.

We are all feeling a little uncomfortable down here. So elated by DL buzzer beater, so deflated by SAS total dominance.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    i cried

How can you not root for this dude.....and I truly believe dude just wanted to be a "rec" coach and help kids like someone obviously did for him.

Yup.

Let's not forget why he chose his jersey number too.
    http://newsok.com/why-35-the-story-behind-a-jersey-number-and-kevin-durants-devotion-to-his-coach/article/3448737

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Durant's great, but he really made a mistake by putting the kibosh on what could be one of the best nicknames ever, "The Slim Reaper."

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    batmon said:

That article is shit from someone who doesn't follow the team.