'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    yuichi said:

Sorry, still not a believer in the Blazers. Aldridge has like two moves. Run right into the defender with his left-shoulder and pull-up, or that turn-around fade-away thing. Like Charles Barkley says all the time, they're a jump-shooting team.

Jump shots win games.

defense wins titles.

by the way, I love Lilard's mentality though. Dude plays with that scowl on his face. That's that Mamba face!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I like Portland alot but theyve never been this deep, and the Spurs will probably out-execute them.

Parker vs Lillard is gonna be a doozy.

Fuckin' Toronto blew it. I wanted the Nets out of it.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    yuichi said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Wow OKC, it only took you 7 games, getting Grizzlies Suspended, and 4 overtimes to beat the number 7 seed.

Durant and Westbrook: overrated

Memphis was playing great basketball after the Allstar break. Conley's developed into a stud. Tony Allen has championship pedigree. They were a tough opponent.

Harden definitely gave them that extra edge......which they are cleary lacking now. Imagine if they paid that extra luxury tax, the West would have been a lock with the development of Ibaka and Reggie Jackson.

you really think what the thunder are missing is another offensive piece? that trade was terrible for the thunder, because they got horrible 'value' back, but james harden is not the missing piece for the thunder to win a championship, thats ridiculous. i like how 3 posts later you say "defense wins championships" lol

Thunder could use some post up threat as a third option.

Ibaka and Perkins have no low post game.

Slashing and jumpshooting aint gonna do it. Once LeBron added his Post game, shit was over.

Dirk s Low Post threat got him a ring.

OKC isi high powered but when the game slows down........

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

thrope said:
    yuichi said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Wow OKC, it only took you 7 games, getting Grizzlies Suspended, and 4 overtimes to beat the number 7 seed.

Durant and Westbrook: overrated

Memphis was playing great basketball after the Allstar break. Conley's developed into a stud. Tony Allen has championship pedigree. They were a tough opponent.

Harden definitely gave them that extra edge......which they are cleary lacking now. Imagine if they paid that extra luxury tax, the West would have been a lock with the development of Ibaka and Reggie Jackson.

you really think what the thunder are missing is another offensive piece? that trade was terrible for the thunder, because they got horrible 'value' back, but james harden is not the missing piece for the thunder to win a championship, thats ridiculous. i like how 3 posts later you say "defense wins championships" lol

They made it to the Finals once with that squad.

All I'm saying is that the WEST champion would have been a lock if Harden was still there (they can mitigate defensive inconsistency with that high power offense), because there is no clear favorite like in the East.

If Harden was there and theyre a LOCK how is there no clear favorite?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    Thunder could use some post up threat as a third option.

Ibaka and Perkins have no low post game.

Slashing and jumpshooting aint gonna do it. Once LeBron added his Post game, shit was over.

Dirk s Low Post threat got him a ring.

OKC isi high powered but when the game slows down........

Preach, Batmon, preach!!! Amen, brother (not break-related)!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

batmon said:

uh, what?

yuichi said:
    batmon said:

uh, what?

All I'm saying is that the WEST champion would have been a lock if Harden was still there,because there is no clear favorite like in the East.

Lock = Clear Favorite????

Bradley Beal is going off...I'm amazed by how well The Bullets continue to play in other peoples' houses...

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts

Your still on that?

naw. just salty-ass tears.

any of y'all ready to come up and catch a game next year?

vintageinfants said:

are we gonna watch it at home w drinks and food or sit outside like Obama about to become president?

To anyone who thought that the Nets sweeping the Heat in the regular-season pre-season meant something....please to look at the cold hard truuf...

batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:

are we gonna watch it at home w drinks and food or sit outside like Obama about to become president?

i was thinking inside the building. i got tickets for special guests. #realheadz

anyone who comes up this way BETTER fucking hit me up or else i'll be heated.

KD35.

gotta root for that dude....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Paul George is playing like shit!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Agreed...I feel like the Pacers will pull this off, but not in the fashion that they'd want/hope to after getting game one stolen from em'.

Meanwhile (it might be the tree), Andre Miller is reminding me of Mike Bibby in his zone...

EDIT:

B/w, if any Wizard can draw Nene's defender off of him (while he is within free throw range) and dish it off to him, then it's going in...

JectWon said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Agreed...I feel like the Pacers will pull this off, but not in the fashion that they'd want/hope to after getting game one stolen from em'.

Meanwhile (it might be the tree), Andre Miller is reminding me of the Mike Bibby in his zone...

And surprisingly, Lance Stephenson is NOT the goat tonight. Go figure!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    JectWon said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Meanwhile (it might be the tree), Andre Miller is reminding me of the Mike Bibby in his zone...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

11 seconds left in the fourth....regardless of who wins...Beal is playing like a damn grown up.

JectWon said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    JectWon said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

11 seconds left in the fourth....regardless of who wins...Beal is playing like a damn grown up.

Yep, he just hit a major 'big boy shot'!

Peace,

Big Stacks ftom Kakalak

Indiana exercising the last foul they had to give (with 8 seconds left) was fucking smart. I know its a semi obvious move, but I really think that it fucked with Wall's head and the rest of the Wiazards...they had no timeouts left and were forced to just reset right quick...congrats to the Pacers.

Let's continue the fuggin' amazing NBA 2014 NBA playoffs (minus the ignorant static).

JectWon said:
    Indiana exercising the last foul they had to give (with 8 seconds left) was fucking smart. I know its a semi obvious move, but I really think that it fucked with Wall's head and the rest of the Wiazards...they had no timeouts left and were forced to just reset right quick...congrats to the Pacers.

Let's continue the fuggin' amazing NBA 2014 NBA playoffs (minus the ignorant static).

Nice analyses, man! You're indeed a student of the game. Again, I'll reiterate that the Thunder will NEVER win a championship with dumb-ass (in terms of lacking court savvy) Russell Westbrook at point guard. A championship team MUST have a sound playmaker.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

i've been reluctantly waving a flag for bradley beal for a couple years now. the 'zards are kind of enemy territory from the "previously lower half of the eastern conference" renaissance, but beal has been one of those "damn i wish we had that kid" players just laying back in the cut for a while.

in other news, vince carter back to toronto rumors are everywhere, and eeeeeeeven some durant whispers. :grin:

hello

As good as Beal and Wall have been, they made some rookie mistakes down the line.

Young teams usually let folks back in the game.