'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• silver acting like he ain't scared of losing his job over this is class.

• press conference has been flawless so far.

someone non-white please weigh in. enough? not enough?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    silver acting like he ain't scared of losing his job over this is class.

Good for the league. Stiffest penalty was issued.

Why would he be scared? Because the other owners get infuriated and try to oust his ass? Don't think that would be good for the public image of owners.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    press conference has been flawless so far.

I'm not able to watch right now, but I think the league's in good hands. Dude is deliberate with this words and is obviously a smart man like Stern.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Aren't the League and the Owners one in the same?

Silver/League cant force the sale.

vintageinfants said:

Enuff when it comes from the League's authority, but the owners have to vote him to force a sale.

• legally, this was not a tap-in... there are choppy waters to traverse in making a decision like this, he spoke and acted as though it was the only decision to make. he just set a precedent on something never before encountered, and could cost the league millions in legal fees.... he chose his humanity over the numbers, which sadly hasn't been te popular choice in big business.

• silver did everything he could, but it's not enough... yet... right? blocking the sale to his wife? "force to sell" to include full stake or majority stake? lots more left to clean up.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    legally, this was not a tap-in... there are choppy waters to traverse in making a decision like this, he spoke and acted as though it was the only decision to make. he just set a precedent on something never before encountered, and could cost the league millions in legal fees.... he chose his humanity over the numbers, which sadly hasn't been te popular choice in big business.
    lol

yeah they don't have any money to lose by not acting hard on this
    don't kid yourself

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    volumen said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    so because he's racist and rich it's okay to take advantage of him?

Who's taking advantage of him? Pretty sure he's had it good the whole time. Even if he was forced to sell the team somehow he would make a killing compared to what he paid for it.
    I would consider recording someone without their consent or knowledge while asking them baiting questions taking advantage of them. You might have a different definition.

All she did was get on tape what everyone has know about this guy the whole time. It's not like she put the words in his mouth.

Did you feel sorry for Mel Gibson too?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    volumen said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    volumen said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Who's taking advantage of him? Pretty sure he's had it good the whole time. Even if he was forced to sell the team somehow he would make a killing compared to what he paid for it.
    I would consider recording someone without their consent or knowledge while asking them baiting questions taking advantage of them. You might have a different definition.

All she did was get on tape what everyone has know about this guy the whole time. It's not like she put the words in his mouth.

Plaese 2 show where I expressed pity for anyone in this thread.

If everyone knew about this in advance, how come ain't shit done until now?

PatrickCrazy said:
    bassie said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    recording someone without their consent or knowledge

Is still an assumption at this point. Not everything has come out yet and either party can deny or confirm whatever is in their favour unless there is hard evidence. As it stands, her side is saying he knew he was being recorded as he required it to refer back to due to his (old man) memory. And that is why there are hours and hours of recordings.
    He asked her to sign a confidentiality agreement, she refused and here we are today.
    Pulling back a bit more, given the calibre of scum he is, I would say Stiviano would be the moron in this ugly mess if she didn't record him to protect herself.
    Let's say that he consented to recording for the purpose of jogging his memory. Considering his situation and the purpose of the recordings, asking baiting questions and leaking the tapes is completely and totally taking advantage of him.

I'm sure someone here has elderly relatives of a certain generation that would let loose with the racist remarks if baited.

The difference is our elderly relatives don't own the majority of real estate in LA or a basketball team.

• PatrickCrazy said:
    vintageinfants said:
    legally, this was not a tap-in... there are choppy waters to traverse in making a decision like this, he spoke and acted as though it was the only decision to make. he just set a precedent on something never before encountered, and could cost the league millions in legal fees.... he chose his humanity over the numbers, which sadly hasn't been te popular choice in big business.
    lol

yeah they don't have any money to lose by not acting hard on this
    don't kid yourself

you're a fucking loser. go hang out at the bottom of the ocean.

• someone make me a mod so i can david silver this shithead

So now this will devolve into the usual bullshit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    sorry, didn't know only kumbayaing was allowed in this thread

• batmon said:

ill promise to ignore him.

good thing he showed up on page 51 tho, right?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    hey, if i was told beforehand that all people wanted to do was pat each other on the back and not have a single dissenting opinion i wouldn't have posted in the thread. i'm not the one getting mad

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:

ill promise to ignore him.

good thing he showed up on page 51 tho, right?

Yup ...IGNORE done.

PatrickCrazy said:
    volumen said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    volumen said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Plaese 2 show where I expressed pity for anyone in this thread.

If everyone knew about this in advance, how come ain't shit done until now?

Your saying he's an old man that was taken advantage of. The pity is implied. If you don't feel sorry for him then you need to chose your words better.

It's been made abundantly clear that Sterling's money is what got everyone to ignore him for this long. Hell, he got the NAACP to lie down with him through donations. He loved to take people to court and beat them down with his money. It's hard to fight someone with that much power. One of the ways rich people exert their power is thorough the courts. They can afford to drag something out in litigation but usually the other side can't and settles or just gives up. The exact reason Kareem was so pissed. Kareem had a good point that this indecent is nothing compared to what Sterling has been up to for years.

The guy final got caught on tape, 2.5 mil ain't shit to him, he's going to make a killing if/when he sells the Clippers and young gold diggers will line up to replace the one he just lost. This guy is still going to come out ahead he just can't show his face in public as much. He has taken advantage of everyone, not the other way around.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    volumen said:

Your saying he's an old man that was taken advantage of. The pity is implied. If you don't feel sorry for him then you need to chose your words better.

I don't need to do a god damn thing. If I pitied him I would have said I pitied him. Maybe you need to ask questions before assuming shit?

It's been made abundantly clear that Sterling's money is what got everyone to ignore him for this long. Hell, he got the NAACP to lie down with him through donations. He loved to take people to court and beat them down with his money. It's hard to fight someone with that much power. One of the ways rich people exert their power is thorough the courts. They can afford to drag something out in litigation but usually the other side can't and settles or just gives up. The exact reason Kareem was so pissed. Kareem had a good point that this indecent is nothing compared to what Sterling has been up to for years.
    I don't get what your point is with all of this. That it sucks to be a poor racist? So what?

The guy final got caught on tape, 2.5 mil ain't shit to him, he's going to make a killing if/when he sells the Clippers and young gold diggers will line up to replace the one he just lost. This guy is still going to come out ahead he just can't show his face in public as much. He has taken advantage of everyone, not the other way around.

Ok. Still don't get what your point is.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    batmon said:

Yup. Damn shame because it actually is a pretty interesting conversation from a legal/what-would-you-do standpoint. At this point this shit should have it's own thread and this one should be able to go back to good old chat about the games/players, hurt feelings, etc etc...

JectWon said:
    batmon said:

Yup. Damn shame because it actually is a pretty interesting conversation from a legal/what-would-you-do standpoint. At this point this shit should have it's own thread and this one should be able to go back to good old chat about the games/players, hurt feelings, etc etc...

Im confident this will fade back to The Playoffs.

There are some good matchups in the First Round.

Will the Spurs get knocked.
    Will Indiana continue to implode?
    Can the Clippers collapse or gather themselves?
    Is Portland the Real Deal?
    Washington & Wall growing up?
    Will The Bobcats gain from this experience?
    Can Toronto prevail?

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    batmon said:

In semi-related news Paul George's house was burglarized during the game 5 loss. Could you imagine dealing with that type of insult to injury? I'd be so damn defeated.

• the clippers/GSW game tonight is going to be insane.

the Portland/Houston series has been phenomenal. someone describing lemarcus aldridge as a Kaiju was bang on.

JectWon said:
    batmon said:

In semi-related news Paul George's house was burglarized during the game 5 loss. Could you imagine dealing with that type of insult to injury? I'd be so damn defeated.

Muthafuckas burnt down Reggie Miller's house so im not surprised.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:

vintageinfants said:
    the clippers/GSW game tonight is going to be insane..

The ratings are gonna be off the hook.

• batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    the clippers/GSW game tonight is going to be insane..

The ratings are gonna be off the hook.

im setting the over/under at 20mil, and taking the over.

• batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:

Muthafuckas burnt down Reggie Miller's house so im not surprised.

getting a stripper pregs, getting catfished, having your house broken into, getting heckled in your own barn in the playoffs, losing to the 8 seed.... Light a candle for Paul George