'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    NBA vindicated!

Please tell me this led to a fist-fight, or even teh caked pulling a gun.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    NBA vindicated!

Please tell me this led to a fist-fight, or even teh caked pulling a gun.

:latte:

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    batmon said:

Yeah, I figured it would be so checked the thread but nobody had poasted the gif. Was it some kind of birthday surprise, or just the mascot going loco?

Duderonomy said:
    batmon said:

Yeah, I figured it would be so checked the thread but nobody had poasted the gif. Was it some kind of birthday surprise, or just the mascot going loco?

Staged

• batmon said:
    Duderonomy said:
    batmon said:

Staged

despite the fact that this was staged by the houston arena, the story behind why the mascot hit the guy so HARD has never been revealed. i mean, it's like he said some foul shit to him before this went down. women and children type shit.

• Pacers this year.

Last year they took the heat to 7 without a bench. Now, they got more depth and the heat have been worn down.

Go Pacers!

The Heat haven't been worn down.

• knicks coming out of the tunnel before the game with their heads hung just trying to avoid blowouts

• vintageinfants said:
    knicks coming out of the tunnel before the game with their heads hung just trying to avoid blowouts
    as they lose to the Raptors..... How long is Woodsen going to survive?

OptimusLime said:
    vintageinfants said:
    knicks coming out of the tunnel before the game with their heads hung just trying to avoid blowouts

woodson isnt the problem........no real coach is going to take over in the middle of a season.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:

woodson isnt the problem.........

1) Too many knuckleheads.

b/w

2) Melo is not, and never will be a winner at this level.

• OptimusLime said:
    vintageinfants said:

Woodson is coaching his ass off they're just not buying it, which unfortunately means sayonara for him. I'm astounded at the horrible attitudes they've compiled, and when it was morale that was letting them lose tight games they added MORE shitty attitudes and unnecessary technical/flagrant fouls. the climate in NY set by the veterans is going to ruin the careers of young talents like hardaway II because they're going to learn to complain and be selfish to get by.

btw. don't sleep on my raps. we're not winning any titles but since Rudy gay left its like a weight has been lifted. took W's from good teams already and even getting the job done against weaker ones.

• knicks should sign Bynum to make the cipher complete

• Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

b/w

this is wrong

Melo is the only guy out there who can win. Look at what tools the Knicks have left him with! They don't have knuckleheads they have C-teamers. Okay, JR Smith is a knucklehead.*

Now, I was against the Melo trade to begin with (bad deal), and never felt he could win given the squad assembled here, but he is an extremely talented player and with the right pieces, the team could be dangerous with him in the mix.

The issue is and has always been DOLAN. The attitude starts right there at the shit-encrusted top. Unfortunately for New York City, there is absolutely no chance in hell barring armed revolt that he will ever give up the reigns, and he is so stupid, so monumentally dumb, so out of touch and so assured of his own inherent worth and greatness that he won't even listen to reason.

The Knicks will never win as long as Dolan's running the show.

*guess who is more enamored with JR Smith than anyone in town? James Dolan.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

b/w

this is wrong

Melo is the only guy out there who can win. Look at what tools the Knicks have left him with! They don't have knuckleheads they have C-teamers. Okay, JR Smith is a knucklehead.*

Now, I was against the Melo trade to begin with (bad deal), and never felt he could win given the squad assembled here, but he is an extremely talented player and with the right pieces, the team could be dangerous with him in the mix.

The issue is and has always been DOLAN. The attitude starts right there at the shit-encrusted top. Unfortunately for New York City, there is absolutely no chance in hell barring armed revolt that he will ever give up the reigns, and he is so stupid, so monumentally dumb, so out of touch and so assured of his own inherent worth and greatness that he won't even listen to reason.

The Knicks will never win as long as Dolan's running the show.

*guess who is more enamored with JR Smith than anyone in town? James Dolan.

Extremely talented player does not = Winner

I will only be wrong when Melo wins a ring as the best player on his team...and that will never happen....ever.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Melo is aiite.

Feel sorry for Knicks and Nets fans, who obviously have owners that have no clue of basketball.

There's probably a good reason why Jerry West and Pat Riley are not GMs with NY.........

Clips are mediocre.....Warriors are still inconsistent.

Westbrook having knee surgery now.....out for a while.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Melo is aiite.

Feel sorry for Knicks and Nets fans, who obviously have owners that have no clue of basketball.

There's probably a good reason why Jerry West and Pat Riley are not GMs with NY.........

Clips are mediocre.....Warriors are still inconsistent.

Westbrook having knee surgery now.....out for a while.

Hey,

The Thunder will be better with Michael Jackson starting at PG. That kid can play!!! He has an infinitely higher basketball IQ and better court vision than Russell Westbrook. As my brother and I have said, the Thunder will NEVER get a ring with Westbrook at the PG. C-melo is the Stephon Marbury of this era. He will NEVER lead a championship franchise. As Sir Charles has so 'eloquently' stated (about Andrew Bynum, but it equally applies to C-melo), "After 7 or more years in the league, a player is what he gon' be." People who are waiting for magic to happen with Melo will be disappointed. The man is in his 11th year in the league, so I don't think it is likely that his playing identity (i.e., ball hog who is an unwilling defender) will change much (if any).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Ain't about being the best player. He's not the type of player that can put a whole team on his back. He's not and has never been that type of player. He overachieved last year and they still got bounced in the 2nd round. Melo's a great player but he's not Lebron James. Every other marquee player in the league has help, Melo is out here with JR Smith and Raymond fucking Felton.

I'm not even a Carmelo or really a Knick fan. And I think he should be traded. But it's easy for me to recognize that he's been set up to fail this entire time because the owner has his head buried so far up his own ass he can see his own trachea. You put him on a team with real talent, they will win.

There was a rumor that he'd be traded to the Clippers. You don't think that team would be capable of winning a championship?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Ain't about being the best player. He's not the type of player that can put a whole team on his back. He's not and has never been that type of player. He overachieved last year and they still got bounced in the 2nd round. Melo's a great player but he's not Lebron James. Every other marquee player in the league has help, Melo is out here with JR Smith and Raymond fucking Felton.

I'm not even a Carmelo or really a Knick fan. And I think he should be traded. But it's easy for me to recognize that he's been set up to fail this entire time because the owner has his head buried so far up his own ass he can see his own trachea. You put him on a team with real talent, they will win.

There was a rumor that he'd be traded to the Clippers. You don't think that team would be capable of winning a championship?

Hey JP,

I agree with your argument if I only consider his tenure with the Knicks (and yes, the Knicks front office is garbage!); however, it's remarkable how the Nuggets, with the same squad without him after the trade, played infinitely better after his departure. They have been a better team to this very day without him. They're one of the teams I see as a potential spoiler in the Western Conference playoffs this year.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• carmelo is tricky because as stated above he cant put a team on his shoulders and carry them, but HE still thinks he can. he's a ball vacuum and if the NBA has proven anything it's that you cant win a chip with one guy strictly creating for himself. you could put another player similar in skill better than him but it wouldn't matter because he wouldn't see the ball. even great talent needs to buy into a winning system or idea that consists of moving parts being used unison, not one guy calling his own number.

Melo isn't isn't playin' selfish ball anymore. Woodson has tried to get other dudes involved and they don't have the talent to compliment.
    They don't have a PG that can get the team into a scoring rhythm so they dump the ball back into Melo and see what he can do.

The Knicks gave up too much to get Melo and after last years over-achievement thought that they can still be a threat.

We really shouldn't be waiting time on this shit. The media has y'all caring for this shit cause its New York. But you don't a shit about smaller market teams that are slow cooking to be better.

Kevin Love needs Help.
    Boston has kept their dignity.
    Washington and Wall needs help.
    The fuckin Pelicans have a better story.
    Jordan has finally come out of the clouds w/ the Hornets.
    The Lakers are entertaining.
    Sac is working out the kinks.
    Chicago is weathering the storm.
    Milwaukee and OJ MAYO Sucks
    Detroit has a great front line
    Dwight Howard is playing the best basketball of his career.
    Portland is a fuckin' Monster.
    Fuck Brooklyn!

Melo has an ego that gets in the way of him winning....he ran Jeremy Lin out of town because he was getting all the press....great players make the players around him better, Melo is a team killer who chokes in the clutch.. Clippers would be foolish to go after him....they would be better off getting Amare to come off the bench for 15-20 minutes a game.

Rockadelic said:
    Melo has an ego that gets in the way of him winning....he ran Jeremy Lin out of town because he was getting all the press....great players make the players around him better, Melo is a team killer who chokes in the clutch.. Clippers would be foolish to go after him....they would be better off getting Amare to come off the bench for 15-20 minutes a game.

Yeah he did run Lin off, but its up to management to get the right role-players around Melo at the every least be a Playoff team.

Iverson had a great coach and a team of customized players around him to get to the Finals. It can be done, but its a long shot.

Dominique was one dimensional as well and still was in the Playoffs w/ a decent TEAM around him.

• batmon said:
    The Heat haven't been worn down.

they've played a lot of games.

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

Yeah he did run Lin off, but its up to management to get the right role-players around Melo at the every least be a Playoff team.

Iverson had a great coach and a team of customized players around him to get to the Finals. It can be done, but its a long shot.

Dominique was one dimensional as well and still was in the Playoffs w/ a decent TEAM around him.

While I don't think Lin is great, he's a better point than anything they have now.

Chandler has played his worst ball with Melo
    Amare has played his worst ball with Melo

Kenyon Martin = Knucklehead
    Metta World Peace = Knucklehead
    JR Smith = Knucklehead

Knicks have all kinds of problems but their biggest one was trying to build a team around Melo.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

While I don't think Lin is great, he's a better point than anything they have now.

JR Smith = Knucklehead

Knicks have all kinds of problems but their biggest one was trying to build a team around Melo.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

JR Smith = Knucklehead

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

The late great Al McGuire once said....most good teams can survive one knucklehead but 2 or more are fatal.

The keys to building a good team in the NBA are many. You have to have a superstar that you can go to in the crunch and be confident he'll deliver. A guy who makes his team mates reach their highest potential. You need to find very good players whose strengths fit in well with the superstar. You need a second option on offense who is above average and will also take the ball when it counts. You need solid role players who have good fundamentals, don't make many mistakes and play defense and you need a solid bench. Then they need to mesh, to perform at their top level while complimenting their team mates.

And that is why a team built around Melo will never win. You can't mesh with Melo, you have to play HIS game and play the roles that he dictates. If you have played ball on almost any level you have seen a guy like this. Talented and probably the best player on the court, but to play with him is a chore. You second guess every shot you take because he might scowl and whine that he had a better shot. A guy you feel obligated to pass to even when there is a better option. A guy who will run another player off the team if he doesn't fit his self centered game. A guy who has his team mates walking on eggshells rather than performing at their highest potential level. And to be that big a team killer at the professional level is pretty impressive.

At this point Melo isn't the only problem.
    Yes, he's only a great point producer, but the guys around him are garbage.
    Pointing the fingers at Melo and Woodson are the armchair coach way out.
    The Knicks have no maneuverability in terms of caps space and trade bait. And thats a management issue.

Durant doesn't have an all around game like LeBron yet management had been able to plug in players around him so they can win.

Melo has no Westbrook. LeBoring has Wade, Bosh, and a bunch of good players.