'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• i brought this up while talking to my orthopedic surgeon for a few hours today, just as a part of doctor/patient bedside manner, and he led me to believe tht outside of wearing chuck taylors or penny loafers, the difference in brand of shoes for major injuries such as a torn ACL or cracked patella. according to him, an expert, the main and almost only reason for Derrick Rosie's injuries have been freak occurance (ACL), diet & an incongruous abuse:rest/rehab ratio.

i asked if anyone had ever done the shoe research, he laughed and said that if I chose to do it he'd publish the findings, but that i shouldn't bank on finding anything other than millionth percentile differences.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    smh

So a shoe and support system is negligible even at the highest level?

WATCH OUT FOR THEM CLIPS THIS YEAR. Really insightful shit as usual.

And if yo ass can read I gave up on the Clips this year.

No one here is convinced of your stupid shoe theory. No One. So just talk to yourself w/ that bullshit.

With how much Nike puts into selling the latest Lebron model, why would he choose to wear last year's model if it didn't matter?

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Warriors/Raptors. Wow.

• mattB said:
    Warriors/Raptors. Wow.

once the warriors started hitting shots in the 3rd q the raptors turned into a men's league team. awful.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I have looked at the Raptors roster and cap space, but if they could get Asik from Houston that could help.
    DeRozen and Gay are above average players. Lowry is a capable PG. Tyler is the lunchpail guy.

Asik would fortify the front court and give them a legit Center.

You would need a bench, a star, and a new city though......

• batmon said:
    I have looked at the Raptors roster and cap space, but if they could get Asik from Houston that could help.
    DeRozen and Gay are above average players. Lowry is a capable PG. Tyler is the lunchpail guy.

Asik would fortify the front court and give them a legit Center.

You would need a bench, a star, and a new city though......

no shade being thrown here, but i feel like you haven't given toronto as an NBA city a fair shake since day one, and i'm curious why. i literally can't tell if you actually dont think toronto should have a team or if it's just playful dissing. why is it any less deserved of a decent franchise as .... say.... memphis.

now on to the team itself

derozan: phenomenal talent who is finally starting to find his game. his game consists of having a solid enough jump shot to force defenses to respect his range, but the main focus for him is attacking the rim. solid with his footwork and creative in the air. in the last two years his free throw attempts have been consistently going up, as is his scoring average. he knows that in order to become an elite scorer in the league he has to get that average around 7 or 8 per game, preferably double digits. when he does that he can be top 10 scoring in the league.

amir johnson: lunchpail guy. great defender slightly above or below his size and should be a 12 and 12 dude with lots of free throw attempts as well. undersized for PF and too slow for the 3 but he's found a spot as a guy who moves his feet and creates for other players. crashes board and creates his own opportunities. has a skill ceiling though and has taken more 3 ball attempts this year [20] already than previous 3 years combined [19]. he's looking for that extra tool and i'm okay with that, just cant force it.

rudy gay: has turned out to be a cancer for the team. earlier this year he had thirty-seven field goal attempts in a single regulation game. 37. he shot 11-37 in a loss to the rockets. kobe only took 9 more attempts the night he dropped 81, and he came out cold in the first half. last night's implosion to the warriors is a direct result of gay needing to get "his shots". johnson and derozan were hitting shots early, which is what gave them the 27 point cushion, but midway through the 3rd quarter the rudy gay show started. hoisting up fall away jumpers and starving out the hot hands. once GSW had the lead within a dozen the game was already over.

kyle lowry: speed, passing, no defense. argues calls and gets t'd up a lot which is selfish. has the skillset to be a decent PG in the league but will not be a good teammate until he matures greatly. he falls into the rudy gay me first trap and can really hurt the tempo and morale of a team quickly.

psycho t: crashes boards, gets to the line. has done everything he's been asked off the bench. A+
    terrence ross: developed a jumper but remains undisciplined. could develop an iguodala-esque career on another team
    landry fields: hasn't shown up yet
    valenciunias: the euroman experiment should have ended year ago but he's plugging away at his 15-10. will not be elite.

I was never a fan of the 1995 NBA Canadian expansion. That was some MJ money era shit.

Memphis gave up on Vancouver. And Toronto only had the Vince era. 4 playoffs in 20 years?

Toronto hasnt turned the corner since Vince. Beside great attendance I cant mess w/ them.

Free agents dont wanna play there.

I just dont think that expansion worked. Its a dumping place. Gay, Lowry, and Handsbrough are recent examples.

• MCW

i kinda like this sixers season. if they win, well good for them...the youngsters are doing ok. if they lose....lottery lottery lottery!
    its a win win!! even when we lose!!

• the nets and knicks don't even have first rounders in the strongest draft in a decade. what a bad look.

• vintageinfants said:
    the nets and knicks don't even have first rounders in the strongest draft in a decade. what a bad look.

There's a reason why Celtics fans smile every time they hear the word "Brooklyn."

And the Knicks will always be a mess as long as they're owned by that monumental turd.

• The Nets, in true Russian billionaire fashion, fucked themselves across multiple years because in Soviet Russia, basketball team buy YOU

The Knicks, well, they been fucked and will continue to be as long as the fans refuse to rise up against James Dolan in armed revolt.

Addendum: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/11/carmelo-anthony-james-dolan-band-jd-straight-shot.html

They really should trade Carmelo not now but right now. Get some solid pieces and picks, or a young talent to build around (Melo isn't that dude, but even if he was they were always saddled with a roster that prevented them from doing it)

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Back to back big wins for my Blazers against Pacers and OKC. Team is legit. They're scoring in a motion offense that makes it almost impossible to double team. Plus they have 4 dudes who can hit the three. Lopez was a huge pick up for us.

Yeah that was a good Portland Win/game against Indy. I would mind that as a Finals.

New York is fucked up.
    Its really shitty they way the media has pointed at Woodson.
    They lose Chandler, and didnt have a healthy JR Smith at the start and muthafuckas are in panic mode before X-Mas.
    They werent gonna be that much better in the first place w/ a healthy roster anyways....but I hope nothing drastic happens.

I like Melo but he's not the Alpha Male he thinks/fans think he is.
    Dude reminds me of Iverson...a great scorer that's needs a specific custom team of complimentary role players built around him.
    He cant be a Robin to a Batman, and he's not really a Batman in the first place. Dude kicked Jeremy Lin out when he wouldnt pass him the ball.

As weak and in transition as the East is they can still make the playoffs just for cosmetics sake.

• man, when you're relying on JR Smith...

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    man, when you're relying on JR Smith...

On the real. Barqnani hasnt been that bad, despite gettin booed very early in the season by ADD fans.
    And they dont even feed him.

• dude gets no respect... but that's a problem. his own teammates, other players in the L... and he's not gonna Dirk out and go take it either

Sports Radio is hot today.
    Rumor - Woodson is on the chopping block if the Knicks lose to the Nets tonight on TNT.
    Rumor - Melo isnt coming back after he opts-out at the end of the season.

Both teams are Code Brown.

• I thought everyone knew Melo wasn't coming back. Dude already said he wants to be a free agent at the end of the year, and what possible rationale would he have for returning?

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I thought everyone knew Melo wasn't coming back. Dude already said he wants to be a free agent at the end of the year, and what possible rationale would he have for returning?

Only money.

After that he would leave to get the same money in a smaller market.
    I think Memphis has created the cap space....and rumour has it he would go play w/ Kobe in LA.
    All these would be lateral moves. The top teams dont need his ass.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Nice top 3:
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10101474

Wish I watched that Mavs/Blazers game...

Good to see K.O.B.E. get Jordan-esque treatment in his return tonight....Let's see what old scrappy got left.

• thank christ that's over.

rudy gay to sacramento for spare parts.

• one half of basketball without the guy and we look like a totally different team. for the better. players getting to the line. running the offense through the bigs. movement without the ball. everything is starting to look like...... basketball.

• The Knicks have sucked hard for a very, very long time but this might be the hardest any team anywhere in any sport has ever sucked:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2013/12/08/34097/index.html?eref=sihp#boxscore

Has an entire team ever checked into rehab at the same time? It might happen tomorrow. Including the owner.

• Since Halloween, there are 7 teams that have won as many games as the Knicks (1) in MSG. I find this hilarious.

Also let's go Celtics! Still not a contender, but they get 3 first round picks next year.... Could be good.

• wrong thraed!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    our wayward son roy halladay is signing a 1 day contract with the jays and retiring.

it's a shame that he had to spend the prime of his marvelous career on a team that couldn't help him out. the amount of successes he racked up DESPITE the team are staggering.

it was sad to watch him not be able to hit 90mph this year regardless of how hard he tried. one of the best to ever do it.

thanks leroy.

Sure....but could he rebound and play defense?

vintageinfants said:
    one half of basketball without the guy and we look like a totally different team. for the better. players getting to the line. running the offense through the bigs. movement without the ball. everything is starting to look like...... basketball.

Exactly. That hero ball bullshit definitely doesn't win you rings....Unless you had Shaq/Kobe and stud role players. I hate holding the ball for the last possession and having your wingman take an ill-advised three too. Why not just run your offense like usual and have an open man take a "good shot'?

Steph beast mode...................GAME OVER