'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• how about those knicks?

it's like they've made an all-star team of the players with the highest top end with the lowest mental discipline of all time.

melo, amare, smith, martin, artest, .... like, that's a joke right?

win the tip and watch them implode.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fuck Manhattan and Brooklyn.

• i gotta feel like the knicks season would be even more of a storm if the Nets were winning!!

• btw i should rep my local reporter steez... My suns were completely fuckin with the league. Now they're setling down but i still kinda like this Plumlee Bledsoe combo (never thought i would say those words) and i am definitely not sure of this Alex Len foll. Looked good for 6 or so games but it def evening out now for the Suns .... I KNOW this young ass GM is happy as fuk. This foll prob been wishin for a bomb to get in this next draft...... As is a lot of GM's i suspect.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Jeez...S.O.S. D Rose? As long as he has all that junk wrapped around his ankles and knees, I feel he's forever gonna be plagued by injuries. What makes it an uphill climb is that he is locked in solid with Adidas....."ALL IN" WITH CLUNKERS.

Nerlens Noel? Watch for him to fuck up his knees or something with those Reeboks..

Obviously the business managers/partners are not aware of how a damn shoe can deteriorate a player's value real quick.......I would take Nike sponsorship for 100K a year, rather than Reebok for 4 times the money or Adidas for twice as much....You take into account all the missed games, and the effectiveness on-court which leads to bigger contracts in the long run, and it to me seems like a much better move to get some superior tools on your feet. Their feet and legs are the biggest assets to these players after all...

There has to be a study somewhere about this.

double post.

• i see what you're trying to say about the shoes, but that's not why d. rose is down and out again. he has a style of play that is very difficult for a body, let alone a shoe, to handle for any prolonged period of time. dwayne wade used to play mad reckless but dialed it back a little more with every year to where he's hardly running the floor anymore.

regardless of the fact that i disagree with it being the shoe's fault, I'd also like to see that study.

yuichi said:
    There has to be a study somewhere about this.

Injured

vintageinfants said:
    i see what you're trying to say about the shoes, but that's not why d. rose is down and out again. he has a style of play that is very difficult for a body, let alone a shoe, to handle for any prolonged period of time. dwayne wade used to play mad reckless but dialed it back a little more with every year to where he's hardly running the floor anymore.

regardless of the fact that i disagree with it being the shoe's fault, I'd also like to see that study.

I think you are right for the most part. Pound-for-pound, I think he puts the most pressure/force/torque on his knees and legs in the history of the league......Still, I do not like all that junk around his ankles.

I mean AI did a lot of cross-overs and going to the rack but dude was skinny compared to Rose, who has a lot of upper body muscle (=weight) that he has to support.

And to Batmon, that proves nothing.

D Wade wore Converse...lol Weapons yadax2.

The game is different. These new cats like Wade or Rose need some next-level product for sure...

• yuichi said:
    The game is different. These new cats like Wade or Rose need some next-level product for sure...

It's beyond funny that people think shoes have anything to do with this.

The NBA doesn't have any real anti-PED policy. Start there if you really care. It's a PED league and has been for a long, long time.

Pound-for-pound, I think he puts the most pressure/force/torque on his knees and legs in the history of the league...

I mean, really... but it's the shoes?

Maybe it's the socks. Come on.

Russell Westbrook = Nikes. Doesn't miss very many games.

James Harden = Nikes. in lows...

Kevin Durant = Nikes. 6'10" shooting guard in lows...

Lebron James = Nikes. Doesn't miss very many games.

I don't know dudes. You put Westbrook in some Zig Techs for a couple years and see if he plays all 82 games for 3 straight seasons. LOL
    or a beast like Lebron in some cute technology. Lebron by the way, is wearing last year's playoff model rather than the XIs right now, because it doesn't feel right supposedly. That clearly says something about the importance of a shoe.

Nike is the clear leader in sponsorship in the NBA, and yet it seems a similar number get hurt with other companies...
    http://www.nicekicks.com/2013/04/06/its-not-the-shoes-a-look-at-the-correlation-between-brands-and-injuries/

It's beyond funny that people think shoes have anything to do with this.

Not all shoes are created equal son. Why not everyone play in some Mutumbos or the John Wall formerly-endorsed Zig Techs then.

It's funny, cuz after all these years, you NEVER hear basketball heads talk about "yeaaa, bring back those Adidas joints. Those were the most comfortable shoes I've ever played in". You hear that all the time with Nikes.....OG Huraches, Hurache 2K4s, Kobe Vs...dudes still wear J's all the time...

Most of the retroed joints from Adidas and Reebok are more about a funky aesthetic more than the technology....Shaqnosis, Reignmans, Questions (this being the exception perhaps).

• No comment at all about it being THE PED LEAGUE, huh?

Ho-kay.

It's the SHOES, ha ha!

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    For ankles, I dont think the shoe matters much at all as long as you are taped up correctly. I often played heavily taped and the shoe support felt totally negligable. Ive heard pros say this too. The sole is probably the most important thing in this situation. And we've seen situations in the NBA where the shoe's plastic logo or design or whatever is too close to the sole.. and when a super quick player changes directions, that logo/design touches the floor and the player slips, causing an injury.

But that's ankles. What about knees etc? Does the shoe have much of a effect? There must have been studies done. Science will have the answer!

Those stats about who has had injuries in which shoes are weak.

yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i see what you're trying to say about the shoes, but that's not why d. rose is down and out again. he has a style of play that is very difficult for a body, let alone a shoe, to handle for any prolonged period of time. dwayne wade used to play mad reckless but dialed it back a little more with every year to where he's hardly running the floor anymore.

I think you are right for the most part. Pound-for-pound, I think he puts the most pressure/force/torque on his knees and legs in the history of the league......Still, I do not like all that junk around his ankles.

I mean AI did a lot of cross-overs and going to the rack but dude was skinny compared to Rose, who has a lot of upper body muscle (=weight) that he has to support.

And to Batmon, that proves nothing.

D Wade wore Converse...lol Weapons yadax2.

Converse is owned by Nike. Wade now wears Li-Ning???.he's been fragile for years now.

Kobe wore adidas and now wears Nike specifically made for him. He gets injured.
    And i don't recall the younger Kobe sitting out weeks when he wore adidas.

Wearing Nike doesn't make a player invulnerable to injury or less that any other brand.
    There too many factors to boil it down to their sneakers.

• i tore my achilles last thursday......

..... i was wearing a pair of Wilson's.

word to elton brand, chauncey billups, kobe and David beckham. [/ADIDAS]

• And that's Rose out for the remainder of the season. Meaning he will have played 50 games in 3 seasons....

Sad.

Also has nothing to do with his shoes.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    OptimusLime said:

Sad.

• Blazers?

Looking pretty good so far.

As a lifelong portlander i have reservations.

The addition of Lopez and williams has been great.

blazers are for real.

Kevin Love has to play in the paint.

That three point shit isnt gonna get him deep.

He needs to look at how Dirk evolved and developed his post up game and won a ring with that.

• what's the league gonna do if Lebron shoots +60%FG and +85% FT all year? his statline is starting to finally convince me (reluctantly) that he should be in 'the conversation'.

Not that anyone cares, but...

Hindsight is of course, 20/20, but I can't be the only one that noticed that Rose in his ROOKIE YEAR looked mad awkward in how he ran the court with his signature shoe.....Didn't see the unrestrained explosiveness I saw at Memphis.

Wall looked the exact same with his first Zig-Tech. Looked mad awkward especially with lateral movement. Rarely a glimpse of the dynamic, explosiveness seen at UK.

My friend who is currently sketching running shoes at Adidas and is an aspiring Nike basketball shoe designer has said that restricting ankle movement will lead to more pressure being put on the knee. Missing the forest for the trees it seems.....
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15475130

I'm done, I think...

Pretty much solidifies what I had suspected with these super-light Adidas models....Watch from 3:00

If you think a shoe has no effect on an injury, you are straight up ignorant. I just remembered how I played in some Zoom Soldiers 4 that my friend gave me not a while back, and my knee was hurting for a week, and I was only shooting around. Magnify this impact with a pro playing an 82 game season, 5 times more torque on knees on an unforgiving hardwood court and you should get the picture. There is no room for compromises in a shoe system; when there are, you get all kinds of knee pads and ankles braces to try to make up for it......Just my amateur impression though.

smh

• I wonder what Alex Jones thinks about this new Fast Shoes And Furious Feet controversy.

batmon said:
    smh

So a shoe and support system is negligible even at the highest level?

WATCH OUT FOR THEM CLIPS THIS YEAR. Really insightful shit as usual.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    smh

So a shoe and support system is negligible even at the highest level?

WATCH OUT FOR THEM CLIPS THIS YEAR. Really insightful shit as usual.

And if yo ass can read I gave up on the Clips this year.

No one here is convinced of your stupid shoe theory. No One. So just talk to yourself w/ that bullshit.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Actually, I've been thinking it was his socks.