'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Pacers

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    According to statistics, Chris Paul has the rock in his hands the most in the NBA.....Another reason why I do not like his style of point guard.

Harden is a great offensive player, but not a franchise player. I was skeptical that Harden/Howard would work, and so far it doesn't look like it is working. Howard looks completely lost and tentative. It's a fast guard-oriented offense with Harden, Parsons, and even Asik rolling to the cup.......This is a bad fit for him yet again.........Might even be worse than the Lakers(only thing wrong when he was with LA, was that Kobe would hold the ball, and he wouldn't get enough touches).

I really hope someone will knock out Miami.......Pacers, Brooklyn, I don't care. Please do it. lol

True to D'Antoni form, Lakers give up 47 IN THE FIRST QUARTER. I think the guy has like 10 more games left before dudes start talking about an exit....I also realize, they have 3 or 4 old ass leaders that have no speed, and are now habitually battling injuries; and like 10 newbies who have yet to have a consistent string of games.

• Yeah on one hand the Lakers' best player is sitting on the bench, but the Timberwolves DESTROYED them. Also the Knicks are looking particularly awful this year. Not quite sure why they're not clicking, but San Antonio took them apart and just ran circles around them.

Also Tony Parker schooled Iman Schumpert on this and it's very amusing to watch:

Man, Rick Adelman offenses are so fun to watch......Really great game between the Clippers and T-Wolves.

Chris Paul is officially my least favorite player now. Used to be Ray Allen.

• yuichi said:
    Man, Rick Adelman offenses are so fun to watch......Really great game between the Clippers and T-Wolves.

I actually came to this thread to ask, could Minnesota be for real this year? potentially 5th or 6th in the west from where I'm looking.

vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:

I actually came to this thread to ask, could Minnesota be for real this year? potentially 5th or 6th in the west from where I'm looking.

Playoffs - Yes
    Contenders - No

• batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:

Playoffs - Yes
    Contenders - No

I didn't think they would be competing for any titles anytime soon, I was just thinking.... they're a LONG way from the knock around team they were for nearly a decade. they just look solid now. a superstar they'll never get would put them over.

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:
    Man, Rick Adelman offenses are so fun to watch......Really great game between the Clippers and T-Wolves..

Playoffs - Yes
    Contenders - No

I didn't think they would be competing for any titles anytime soon, I was just thinking.... they're a LONG way from the knock around team they were for nearly a decade. they just look solid now. a superstar they'll never get would put them over.

I interpreted "Read Deal" as something else.

Love is a Star. They need a deeper bench and another Star. But their role players are good.
    I thought Kevin Martin (who muthafuckas up in here were on some dumb shit) would do well in OKC, but being the third option w/ a shooting PG isnt a good situation.
    He's now the second option and his numbers are back to what they were.
    Is Rubio that Star??? Or just a solid PG.

• batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:
    Man, Rick Adelman offenses are so fun to watch......Really great game between the Clippers and T-Wolves..

Playoffs - Yes
    Contenders - No

Love is a Star. They need a deeper bench and another Star. But their role players are good.
    I thought Kevin Martin (who muthafuckas up in here were on some dumb shit) would do well in OKC, but being the third option w/ a shooting PG isnt a good situation.

IMO just a solid PG. i'm not even close to a minnesota stan, and as a matter of fact downright hated them during the garnett/marbury years, but i watched a whole game of theirs and they looked like the west coasts answer to the pacers. except they cant run with the okc's and clippers of the west.

batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:

Playoffs - Yes
    Contenders - No

IMO just a solid PG. i'm not even close to a minnesota stan, and as a matter of fact downright hated them during the garnett/marbury years, but i watched a whole game of theirs and they looked like the west coasts answer to the pacers. except they cant run with the okc's and clippers of the west.

They dont play Defense like the Pacers, werent even in the Playoffs last year, dont have a Paul George, and no interior scoring.

• batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:

Playoffs - Yes
    Contenders - No

They dont play Defense like the Pacers, werent even in the Playoffs last year, dont have a Paul George, and no interior scoring.

Have you seen Pekovich?? Dude is a beast on the boards and scores on the interior.....

batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:

Playoffs - Yes
    Contenders - No

Have you seen Pekovich?? Dude is a beast on the boards and scores on the interior.....

Yes, but dudes like Gortat. Good, but your not riding that to the WC Finals. He's a put backs and rebounds. Your not dumping the ball into him in crunch time.

• Fair enough, but which bigs do teams go to these days? Maybe Howard, but in crunch time his "Freethrow Skills" might cost you more than you can get. Greg Monroe is pretty damn good, but not a main scorer. Bynum is a solid player (and FREAKISHLY huge) but hasn't played solidly for ages. Roy Hibbert is great, but on that team there are guys I'd rather have the ball in a tight spot.

Not saying Pekovich is all that, just saying there really aren't that many great bigs at the moment.

And don't even step to me with the Pelicans. That monobrow is killing me.

Pekovich is a good big, but he's not on the A-list. And the Wolves are not The Pacers.

• i should qualify my statement for earlier. the timberwolves remind me of the pacers from two, three years ago. they're not the well spread pacers of THIS year for sure, but they look like they're on track.

• batmon said:
    Pekovich is a good big, but he's not on the A-list. And the Wolves are not The Pacers.

how many "A-list" bigs are in the league right now, operating at full potential? i'd say.... MAYBE 5? out of 30 teams?

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:

how many "A-list" bigs are in the league right now, operating at full potential? i'd say.... MAYBE 5? out of 30 teams?

6'10" and up? PF/C

LeMarcus Aldridge
    Roy Hibbert
    Greg Monroe
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Kevin Love
    Pau Gasol
    Marc Gasol
    Tim Duncan
    Joakim Noah
    Dwight Howard
    Dork Nowitzski
    ---------------------------
    Nicola Pekovich
    Andrew Bogut
    Larry Sanders
    Al Horford
    Anderson Verajao
    Tyson Chandler
    Andre Drummond
    Omer Asik

• Demarcus Cousins: IN?
    Anthony "iBrowse" Davis: OUT?

surely you jest

vintageinfants said:
    Demarcus Cousins: IN?

surely you jest

Feel free to dissect, but please dont make Pek into more than what he is.

• batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    Demarcus Cousins: IN?

surely you jest

Feel free to dissect, but please dont make Pek into more than what he is.

wasn't me. not your fault, we all look the same, especially with basketball nearby.

i don't need to give the pacers their daps, the 8-0 record does that; I'm a raptors fan and Rudy gay took 37 shots in a game before fouling out (recurring theme); Anthony Davis looks legit; the lakers look miserable; clips are still too raw for playoff success (free throw shooting is suspect at best) but CP is MVP; golden state has the best starting 5 in the L but literally zero bench help; how long do te bulls need to pull it together? too long?; the brooklyn experiment is over.

Im still scared of the Bulls.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Pacers are better than Bulls. Chicago becomes a one man show offensively too often for success.

As for Warriors they have Barnes now coming off the bench but after that it's pretty bad.

motown67 said:
    Pacers are better than Bulls. Chicago becomes a one man show offensively too often for success.

As for Warriors they have Barnes now coming off the bench but after that it's pretty bad.

I like my boy Jermaine O'Neal off the bench.

Doesnt Draymond Green have potential?

It seems like yall have a gang interchangable 6'7" dudes.

batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:

6'10" and up? PF/C

LeMarcus Aldridge
    Roy Hibbert
    Greg Monroe
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Kevin Love
    Pau Gasol
    Marc Gasol
    Tim Duncan
    Joakim Noah
    Dwight Howard
    Dork Nowitzski
    ---------------------------
    Nicola Pekovich
    Andrew Bogut
    Larry Sanders
    Al Horford
    Anderson Verajao
    Tyson Chandler
    Andre Drummond
    Omer Asik

I was bitching about the lack of great bigs last year, but yea, there's been more than a few that are good.

I wouldn't categorize them as "great" or "A-list" as you say though. K Love is beasting though...and that high-low with Pekovic is ill....I really do like Roy Hibbert's game too. Older Gasol is over the hill and not very effective anymore.

Chicago becomes a one man show offensively too often for success.

As close as Chicago got in that one year. Rose was operating at 130%....Don't like that formula either.

• yuichi said:

As close as Chicago got in that one year. Rose was operating at 130%....Don't like that formula either.

Rose pulls a hamstring, city freaks OUT. It's going to be interesting, but he plays SO hard, I don't think he can keep it up.

What Chris Paul is doing looks sustainable, passing, shooting, crossing fools up, but this whole athletic dunking PG crap is just not going to last.
    Now Rubio on the other hand..... now THAT's passing. So nice to look at right now. I think for entertainment value, the Wolves are great right now.

OptimusLime said:
    yuichi said:

Rose pulls a hamstring, city freaks OUT. It's going to be interesting, but he plays SO hard, I don't think he can keep it up.

What Chris Paul is doing looks sustainable, passing, shooting, crossing fools up, but this whole athletic dunking PG crap is just not going to last.
    Now Rubio on the other hand..... now THAT's passing. So nice to look at right now. I think for entertainment value, the Wolves are great right now.

Yea, I agree that D Rose will not have a 15year career...

Chris Paul does way too much dribbling and shuffling by himself. He doesn't have the outright speed of a Westbrook or have the luxury like Chalmers where he can just "fill his role" amongst the stars who can create their own shots. I mean he doesn't turn the ball over, but his quirky moves in a half court set can be awkward. He doesn't make the pass before the pass that leads to a bucket (I hate this style of play).

Rubio is frail as fuck, and has no speed. He has no jumper either.

Pound for pound, dudes like J.J. Barea and Ty Lawson are studs.

And Steve Blake as much I hated him, is pulling his own weight...and perhaps more for the last couple games...I think this is the Blake that the entire Laker org. has been waiting for, and saw at Portland.

• batmon said:
    I like my boy Jermaine O'Neal off the bench.

It's kind of terrifying that a no-effort joke like him still draws an NBA paycheck.

motown67 said:

The bulls defense stopped the pacers offense and deng was attacking and rose's three was on fire.
    Its was a straight up spanking.

In the end the pacers have a more well rounded unit, but im not counting out the bulls as playoff spoilers if they are healthy.