NFL 2013 SEASON

Comments

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    my colts looked rough yesterday, but its preseason. im going with the safe bet of us getting to 8-8 this year, i dont see another 11-5 season going down. i thought we had a chance at the AFC south, but houston is looking beastly already. go ahead and bump TY up on your potential WR list now...

ej looked pretty good yesterday, he better get the start in buffalo. i think the rams will be the sleeper of the season. watching the pats forever run the ball is weird. i see a denver/sf superbowl in our future and peyton will take it.

ject - did you ever follow through with the NFL ticket from Madden 25? have you tested it out at all yet in the preseason or is it not eligible until regular season starts? looks like the deal is still available.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    cookbook said:

ject - did you ever follow through with the NFL ticket from Madden 25? have you tested it out at all yet in the preseason or is it not eligible until regular season starts? looks like the deal is still available.

I reserved a copy via amazon.com but it hasn't shipped yet. My estimated delivery date is August 27th, I believe. It's a 17 week 'trial offer' so even if I had it now, I'd be reluctant to waste any of those 17 weeks on pre-season. From all the detective work I've done on the offer, it seems legit. Even if it isn't, you can always return for a full refund with Amazon as their return policy is awesome.

I think this is going to be sick. I've got the media laptop hooked up to my tv and plan on being fully set up by week one.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    cookbook said:

ej looked pretty good yesterday, he better get the start in buffalo. i think the rams will be the sleeper of the season

I agree with both. If I were Kolb I'd be nervous. The Rams have to find a way to protect Bradford but Austin will be deadly. Losing Jackson hurt them also though.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    As a Chiefs fan it can't get worse then last year. Charles injury got me shook though.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    WHO AMONG YOU WILL DEFEND THE DUDE SMOKIN' JAY CUTLER?

Jay Cutler Hoping to Prove Doubters Whatever in Contract Year

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Niners 11-5, Lombardi trophy.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

His stats will improve but it's doubtful that the same will be said about his stinky in-game attitude.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:
    The Steelers are going to STINK this year. 7-9 at best.

I'm holding out hope for 8-8!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

Love this!
    Current era's Jeff George.

• Eagles 1st round pick Lane Johnson tweets pic of his infant son and his monster paws:

rootlesscosmo said:

11-5? The Pats go 11-5 with Matt Cassell as quarterback. Literally.

DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

11-5? The Pats go 11-5 with Matt Cassell as quarterback. Literally.

Brady looked pretty beastly passing to an almost completely rebuilt receiver corps of young dudes in that Buc's game.

Man, I'm so ready for regular season. The pre season is total suck...non stories becomes huge issues (RGIII Shanahan fake controversy with stoopid ass McNabb acting like he's got something to say...Wes Welker calling Belli a bully...old team mates crying about Aaron Rogers), more injuries every day and I have to trick myself into thinking I want to watch tonight's pre-season Skins game against the Steelers.

Only thing I'm watching tonight is the Skins new additions to their secondary...I hope they stop playing as young as they are. I know Cousins will play but I wish he wouldn't...he's proven himself and should just stay healthy. For pure entertainment purposes, I'd like to see Rex Grossman aka Sex Cannon aka The Throwgasm get some snaps. Of course, it will be interesting to see what our attention loving future-of-the-franchise RGIII does on the sidelines...dude will probably dress as if he's going to play like last week...

I'm going to rely heavily on good beer and a vaporizer to make tonight's fake-game an enjoyable one.

JectWon said:
    I know Cousins will play but I wish he wouldn't...he's proven himself and should just stay healthy.

Aaaaaaaand he just got his fucking right foot jacked up while running for a first down...in the god damn preseason.

Dammit I hate preseason shit.

EDIT: Rambo redeems himself by forcing a fumble and recovery/Kerrigan does him and causes a beastly fumble off Big Ben/Grossman pulls a standard Grossman creates a false sense of skill by playing well in preseason moments/Special teams seems to be leaving a lot to be desired.

James Harrison's reaction...is awesome.

Any of yall read this? http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle. It makes a lot of sense. Angel Dust, holmes...

• JectWon said:
    Any of yall read this? http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle. It makes a lot of sense. Angel Dust, holmes...

There's a strong whiff of bullshit in the story. Hernandez wasn't close to being an "all-time great," and Ron Borges, the co-author, was a long-time sports writer for the Boston Herald with a famous grudge against Belichick.

Jean-ClaudeBanDamned said:
    Ron Borges, the co-author, was a long-time sports writer for the Boston Herald with a famous grudge against Belichick.

Good to know. Belicheck telling Hernandez to 'get a safehouse and lay low' sounded pretty funny.

• JectWon said:
    Jean-ClaudeBanDamned said:
    Ron Borges, the co-author, was a long-time sports writer for the Boston Herald with a famous grudge against Belichick.

Good to know. Belicheck telling Hernandez to 'get a safehouse and lay low' sounded pretty funny.

It would have been funnier if he'd said "go to the mattresses."

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    JectWon said:
    JectWon said:
    I know Cousins will play but I wish he wouldn't...he's proven himself and should just stay healthy.

Aaaaaaaand he just got his fucking right foot jacked up while running for a first down...in the god damn preseason.

EDIT: Rambo redeems himself by forcing a fumble and recovery/Kerrigan does him and causes a beastly fumble off Big Ben/Grossman pulls a standard Grossman creates a false sense of skill by playing well in preseason moments/Special teams seems to be leaving a lot to be desired.

I hope they cut Sexxxy Rexxxy and keep Pat White. Don't think that will happen, though.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    Glad to see the 'Hawks were able to get through the preseason without any big set backs, unless you want to count Harvin being out. The new pass rushers they brought in over the off-season have been a bit banged up which is a bummer but if they only miss the first week it'll be fine. Bruce Irvin's suspension is foolish [of him] and will hurt the team the most I think. He's gained A LOT of weight and speed over the off-season and will be missed for 4 games. (shocking, right?; PED related?)

In other news, Snoop Lion went Beast Mode at last night's game.

Bon Vivant said:
    JectWon said:
    JectWon said:

I hope they cut Sexxxy Rexxxy and keep Pat White. Don't think that will happen, though.

As much as I hate on Grossman aka The Sex Cannon...I have to admit, he looked better than normal in pre season (eating my own words) and White doesn't seem to have the fundamental qb skills...an arm being the main one. I think we picked him up solely for the of offense to have an RG3 like stand in so they could practice that particular offense. He did his job amazingly but I don't know about taking him over Grossman...hopefully we won't have to see Grossman on the field at all so we'll never know.

My worry about White now is that a Division rival will scoop him up solely to pick his brain about our offense.

• rain103 said:
    Glad to see the 'Hawks were able to get through the preseason without any big set backs, unless you want to count Harvin being out.

:soulstrutcomedygold:

um yeah I'm gonna go ahead and count your number 1 wideout being out as a minor setback.

I don't care if this meme is last year. I love this and it makes me smile to hear the Boston accent used so properly.

• DB_Cooper said:
    I don't care if this meme is last year. I love this and it makes me smile to hear the Boston accent used so properly.

"fuhGET dunkies, this is like a dowlah"

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    There's never been a Seattle team, in the history of Seattle, in any sport, that could handle being POWER RANKED #1. Seahawks are doomed.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    rain103 said:
    Glad to see the 'Hawks were able to get through the preseason without any big set backs, unless you want to count Harvin being out.

:soulstrutcomedygold:

um yeah I'm gonna go ahead and count your number 1 wideout being out as a minor setback.

Because he helped us so much last year, right? Can't miss what we never had.

• Rootless,

Out of these three 49er WRs: Kyle Williams, Marlon Moore, or Quinton Patton. Who do you see having the bigger year? [Fantasy Football Related]

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    DrWu said:
    Ladies and Germs, I'd like to introduce you to the 2013 rookie defensive player of the year. I love the off season moves. I will be at the Thanksgiving game against the Steelers. Raj, let's get our bet game on.

Good lord. This is the first time in a long time that I'm embarrassed of my Steeler squad.

Cowher's team is dying off. Todd Haley is a joke. AFC North all 0-1.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Damn right, the New Orleans Sean Payton's are going to do big things this season. At least, I hope so.

Don't let Jimmy Graham slip past the 2nd round of your fantasy draft, and geaux right ahead and nab Drew Brees as a 3rd rounder(!) while you're at it.

Rob Ryan becomes our defensive coordinator along with a switch to a 3-4 set. We still lack viable pass rushers, so hopefully our revamped secondary (Keenan Lewis and Kenny Vaccaro are the news adds) can hold up better than they did last season when we stunk up the place.

I really liked Vaccaro today. he came up huge on the last play, getting a hand on the ball & then knocking gonzalez out of the picture. rob ryan passed the first test, and even though the offense was a little rusty, it still seemed promising as expected. great start to the season w/carolina & the bucs losing too.

who dat baby.