NFL 2013 SEASON

1789101113»

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    DOR said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Final Super Bowl ratings: Most-watched TV event ever!

Talking "Murica , buddy.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Sunday was our night to make Dinner for our dinner group.
    Appetizers through 3 quarters, then dinner.

Super Bowl Dinner Menu
    Appetizers:
    Soft pretzels
    Smoked cheese
    Crackers
    Guacamole
    Chips
    Smoked Almonds
    Humus
    Olives

Soup:
    Avgolemono

Main course:
    Build your sandwich:
    Chicken kofte
    Yogurt garlic tahini sauce
    pita
    Lettuce, onion, feta, tomatoes, olives

Desert:
    Baklava

I smoked the almonds, also chedder, gouda and colby jack.
    Smoked the chicken before broiling to give it a char.
    The kofte is better with lamb of course, but when I did that last summer I found out no one in my dinner group eats lamb.

So, anyway watched most of the 1st quarter and a little of the second.
    I knew Denver was cooked by then.
    So I concentrated on the food, and keeping the non-football folks out of the tv room.

So Dylan is shilling for cars and yogurt, what's up with that?

The super bowl is like New Years eve.
    It's best to let the folks who are not paying attention the rest of the year have their fun and stay out of their way.

I don't go out on NYE, too many once a year partyers.
    If I want to see the super bowl I watch it at home alone.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I watched with my mouth open the whole game. Seahawks. What?

So strange.

Paul Allen is one of my least favorite people on this planet.

I'm starting to think a loss would've been easier for me. There are still people screaming GO HAWKS at me.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    People are bugging me the past couple days talking about how boring the Super Bowl was when I enjoyed every single second of it.

And it's funny hearing the Peyton Manning stans still insisting that if they played again, it would be different as the Broncos just had an off day.

Eff that, it was total, beautiful domination.

And I'm not even a Seahawks fan.

• HarveyCanal said:
    People are bugging me the past couple days talking about how boring the Super Bowl was when I enjoyed every single second of it.

And it's funny hearing the Peyton Manning stans still insisting that if they played again, it would be different as the Broncos just had an off day.

http://www.businessinsider.com/seahawks-peyton-manning-hand-signals-2014-2

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

You're right. I was just bummed that it wasn't some epic lead changing battle. The domination was a thing of beauty.

Pre game, I was thinking that if there was a weak link, it would be in Russell Wilson's ability to play grown ass football even if the Denver D manages to minimize Marshawn's contributions.

They didn't totally take Marshawn away but they fucked up the run game enough to where it was apparent that Russ would have to step up a handful of times and he did...no picks...no fumbles...some beautiful passes and runs...fuck a softmore slump; dude is a beast.

If Pete Carroll doesn't attend all future Celebratory events dressed as Rick Flair, he's soft.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    HarveyCanal said:

All part of the game.

• HarveyCanal said:
    vintageinfants said:
    HarveyCanal said:

All part of the game.

oh most definitely. if you can figure out a team's hand signals AND audibles you deserve to smash that team in front of a record setting audience.

hubris aside, it would explain the whole "highest scoring team of all time" registering record setting lows, which has to be applauded.

• JectWon said:
    Pre game, I was thinking that if there was a weak link, it would be in Russell Wilson's ability to play grown ass football

The numbers he put up against grown ass defenses this season is what goes unnoticed. Carolina, SF (3xs if you include the playoffs), STL (2xs), Arizona (2xs), Houston, Colts, Giants, and you could argue the Saints were a better defense than their scores showed.

Denver's defense was a walk in the park... And it showed. They played to stop the run and that's it.

Manning actually had a productive day in terms of being a QB. He made and completed passes, a record number of them, but the YAC was not there. To say his performance was embarrassing (like the media portrays) is an insult to Seattle's defense.

• rain103 said:
    Manning actually had a productive day in terms of being a QB.

No he didn't. He only threw a million passes because they were so far behind and couldn't run the ball for shit.

Three interceptions and one TD is not productive.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Three interceptions and one TD is not productive.

HELLO

• The Broncos would have thrown the ball regardless of the score. They are one dimensional.

I don't know what 3 interception game you were watching but the 2 I saw were a direct result of pressure. One happening because his arm was hit. But that's Peyton's fault I guess...

P. Manning 34/49 280 YDS 1TD 2 INT

• Horseleech said:
    He only threw a million passes because they were so far behind and couldn't run the ball for shit.

Why's that? I'll wait.

• rain103 said:
    I don't know what 3 interception game you were watching but the 2 I saw were a direct result of pressure. One happening because his arm was hit. But that's Peyton's fault I guess...

P. Manning 34/49 280 YDS 1TD 2 INT

For a whopping 74 QB rating, his second worst of the year. I don't know anyone who would consider that 'productive'. Google "meaningless statistic" and I bet Manning's completion numbers will be the first thing to come up.

And yeah, I forgot one of his three turnovers was a fumble, that changes everything.

Sorry, but anybody who understands football knows that those kind of passing stats mean one of two things;

- Your team is having a great day

- your team is having a terrible day and you are in desperation mode trying to catch up.

I think it's pretty clear what sort of day Manning and the Broncos had. For me, 'productive' means you are producing points, not meaningless, ineffective numbers.

• :walk_away_son:

• when you picking up your ring bro?

• haha good will towards Seattle did not last a week

• rain103 said:
    :walk_away_son:

LOL, Ok, I'll walk away, Manning was awesome.

I'm sure he's still trying to figure out how he lost after scoring a productive 8 points.