NFL 2013 SEASON

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
I wanted to share this with yall and figured it'd be best to do so while creating a 2013 season thread...it's about that time.

I came across a pretty sick deal on amazon that might work well with other cord cutting Strutters who don't want to have to buy direcTV to watch the games. The new anniversary edition of the upcoming Madden game comes with a FREE Sunday Ticket subscription and you DON'T have to have direcTV to get it. http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-Anniversary-Edition-Xbox-360/dp/B00CF7KVMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374775143&sr=8-1&keywords=sunday+ticket

Essentially, you just enter in the code that is in your copy of the Madden game and you can watch online via mobile devices, computers, tablets, etc. I have a media-centric laptop hooked up to my TV so this is the ideal solution for a steal of a price...$100 for the game AND Sunday Ticket.

I don't give a shit about sports games but getting Sunday Ticket for $100 is well worth it...if they want to give me a game as well, thats cool with me. I've never had Sunday-Ticket Streaming before but if it's anything other than awesome, I'm sure you can return it back to Amazon for a full refund...Amazon is great for that.

-----
Regarding the season...I'm getting antsy as hell. I'm eager to see how my Squad handles bringing RGIII back out and how they (and he) manage to keep him healthy throughout the year. I hope Alfred Morris continues to do big things...he's my favorite Redskin right now...how can you not like the dude? Plus, we have a dude named Bacarri Rambo...that sounds like a fucking SoulStrut alias.

Should be interesting watching what Chip does with the Eagles...if Vick can make one more push for relevancy. I can't wait to see what Manning does with the Broncos and I expect The Saints to make a show up in a big way with their coach back.

My fucking dude second most rushing yards in the league his rookie year and 110% class:

Rep your fuckin squad...

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    My Patriots are on the Road to Redemption. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

I'm afraid of you dudes every damn season. You always seem to be the smart money pick on who is going to the big one.

JectWon said:
    DB_Cooper said:

I'm afraid of you dudes every damn season. You always seem to be the smart money pick on who is going to the big one.

I always feel confident going into the season, but we've seen how that turns out most years. I'm sure we'll be very good. I'm almost positive we'll make the playoffs, even down two of the best tight ends in football. But what happens in the playoffs? That's anyone's guess.

Oh, and as far as the Sunday Ticket goes, if you have Direct TV and like to complain or have a significant other who likes to complain, you can call them and act irate about them only offering the Sunday Ticket for free to new customers and they will give it to you. My brother's wife does it every year, and I'm looking forward to having my lady do it this year. She loves to complain, so it's a win-win.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Damn right, the New Orleans Sean Payton's are going to do big things this season. At least, I hope so.

Don't let Jimmy Graham slip past the 2nd round of your fantasy draft, and geaux right ahead and nab Drew Brees as a 3rd rounder(!) while you're at it.

Rob Ryan becomes our defensive coordinator along with a switch to a 3-4 set. We still lack viable pass rushers, so hopefully our revamped secondary (Keenan Lewis and Kenny Vaccaro are the news adds) can hold up better than they did last season when we stunk up the place.

HarveyCanal said:
    ...and geaux right ahead and nab Drew Brees as a 3rd rounder...

• JectWon said:
    I hope Alfred Morris continues to do big things...he's my favorite Redskin right now...how can you not like the dude? Plus, we have a dude named Bacarri Rambo...that sounds like a fucking SoulStrut alias.

Don't get too attached to a Shanahan running back. He tends to burn them out fast.

As for Rambo:

"Redskins draft pick Bacarri Rambo didn???t always have a super awesome name. His mother???s maiden name was Fudge, so he was born Bacarri Fudge. But when Rambo was in grade school, his parents legally changed his last name to match his father, Danny Rambo.

???When people see the name ???Rambo??? on the back of my jersey, they expect me to be a hard-nosed killer with a scarf around my head and paint under my eyes,??? he told the AP in 2010. ???If I was playing in the secondary and named Fudge, everybody would say I was soft. I went from being soft to being hard.???"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/04/30/redskins-bacarri-rambos-name-was-once-goo-fudge/

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    I could definitely see my Seahawks doing some special things this year...If everything falls into place (no major injuries to critical players--hopefully Percy Harvin is ok as he's been sitting out of practices with a hip issue...)

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Percy is gonna need surgery.

Wilson will get hurt.

Niners will take the division again.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

Wilson will get hurt.

Kap is the biggest star in the league by the time the year wraps. He's a blast to watch.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Stoked!

HTTR.

• anyone scared of biogenesis suspensions in the NFL?

you should be.

• vintageinfants said:
    anyone scared of biogenesis suspensions in the NFL?

you should be.

No.

"The man who turned the Biogenesis clinic from a quiet investigation in Miami into a national scandal says there are at least a dozen more athletes whose names haven't been exposed and that they come from across the sports world.

Porter Fischer, the former Biogenesis of Miami clinic employee who turned boxes of documents over to the Miami New Times last year, declined to name the athletes. But in his first television interview, Fischer told "Outside the Lines" that numerous sports had at least one athlete who received performance-enhancing drugs from clinic founder Tony Bosch.

"This isn't a 2013 thing or a 2012 thing; some of these people have been on the books since 2009," Fischer said.

Fischer said he and associates have identified athletes from the NBA, NCAA, professional boxing, tennis and MMA, in addition to other professional baseball players who have not yet been identified. As far as he knows, Fischer said, Bosch had no clients from the NFL or NHL."

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9508288/biogenesis-whistleblower-broke-open-scandal-says-ncaa-mma-nba-other-athletes-used-clinic-mlb-investigation

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

Wilson will get hurt.

Percy may need surgery, it's not known for sure yet. Honestly, anything that he can contribute to the Hawks this year would be a positive. They already have some good receivers anyway.

Why do you say that Russell Wilson will get hurt? Because he's a few inches shorter than the average quarterback? Wilson has never had injury problems in last year in his rookie year or in college. He's not a fragile dude, and takes good care of himself...he knows when to go down on the scramble and doesn't try for the extra yards if it looks like he's going to get killed on the run. Honestly, I'd take Russell Wilson over any quarterback in the league right now. I have a great feeling about him.

The Niners very well could take the division again, I think it'll be a close race as long as both teams key players stay relatively healthy. If the Seahawks can find a way to win the division and have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, they are a lock for the Super Bowl...They can't be beat at home.

• Casteneda said:
    Why do you say that Russell Wilson will get hurt? Because he's a few inches shorter than the average quarterback? Wilson has never had injury problems in last year in his rookie year or in college. He's not a fragile dude, and takes good care of himself...he knows when to go down on the scramble and doesn't try for the extra yards if it looks like he's going to get killed on the run. Honestly, I'd take Russell Wilson over any quarterback in the league right now. I have a great feeling about him.

I like him a lot, but I wouldn't take him over Rodgers just yet. Wilson's game radiates intelligence and reliability. Kaepernick has amazing skills but the running aspect of his game will get him wracked up ala Roethlisberger or Vick or Griffin sooner or later.

I have no idea what to expect from the Patriots this year. No one else does, either.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts

As unfortunate the expected loss of Harvin is it isn't even close to the loss of Crabtree for the 49ers. Adding Harvin to our offense was a luxury and not a necessity. The Seahawks will be fine without Harvin for the first half of the season if it comes down to that. He should be ready to go down the stretch. Seattle beefed up in every area that could use improvement. Nickle back (the corner position that Tony Gonzalez exposed in playoffs), DE (the position that Chris Clemmons got injured in the playoffs), and WR (Harvin and Harper [via the draft]).

Not to be a homer, but Wilson IMO is the smartest of the 3 (Wilson, Kaep, and RGIII) mobile young QB's. He doesn't take unnecessary hits to gain an extra yard or two and is above average while throwing on the run. The entire league has put a target on these 3 QB's back this year and the read-option play calling. I don't see him getting injured, barring some freak accident.

Compared to Seattle, SF definitely has the more favorable schedule but I can't say the 49ers really recovered the skills they lost in the offseason. Seattle takes the NFC West this year.

Goddammit...training camp is a stressful thing to observe as a fan...

Adam Carriker and Keenan Robinson out for the season. This is going to be the second fuckin' season in a row for Carriker.

Hoping that the phenomenon of 'the contract season' proves to be true with Brian Orakpo.

In other news...The Thrizzle is showing cautious but significant use of the knizzle:

JectWon said:

I take it you've seen the video of the woman that breaks down over not getting an autograph at Redskins camp?

Percy Harvin was an unexpected star on my family fantasy football squad for the first half of last season. Then he broke in half.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    49ers and Seahawks fans should just go ahead and make out already.

The Rams were 2-1-1 against y'all last year. Y'all got Bradforded.

Ha! Fair enough. The Rams are gonna be a sleeper. They did lose to the Jets, at home, though...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    JectWon said:

It hasn't been fun for Tarell Brown, either. His decision to work out at home in Texas instead of with the 49ers in Santa Clara cost him $2 million.

rain103 said:
    JectWon said:

I take it you've seen the video of the woman that breaks down over not getting an autograph at Redskins camp?

Yes. I'm convinced that she is actually a 9 year old in an adult's body, a la the blockbuster hit BIG. Because, that bitch was an absolute childish wreck of a person.

I think the Skins can win the Division if RGIII and AlMo stay healthy.

Insightful analysis, I know.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    I think the Skins can win the Division if Shanahan doesn't throw RGIII into the meat grinder again.

Horseleech said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    I think the Skins can win the Division if Shanahan doesn't throw RGIII into the meat grinder again.

That's another way of saying it. Probably a better way, too.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Ladies and Germs, I'd like to introduce you to the 2013 rookie defensive player of the year. I love the off season moves. I will be at the Thanksgiving game against the Steelers. Raj, let's get our bet game on.

JectWon said:

Adam Carriker and Keenan Robinson out for the season. This is going to be the second fuckin' season in a row for Carriker.

Hoping that the phenomenon of 'the contract season' proves to be true with Brian Orakpo.

In other news...The Thrizzle is showing cautious but significant use of the knizzle:

Time to sign Urlacher.

Yes it's only preseason football, but how's everyone else feeling about their squad?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The Steelers are going to STINK this year. 7-9 at best.

I was hoping that the first Skins pre-season game would give me hope for an improved secondary. Considering the fact that Baccari Rambo is currently in position to be our starting safety...I'm a bit concerned.

Granted that is Chris Johnson and Rambo's up-front dudes totally left him hung out to dry...but damn. And, the second running touchdown scored on him was actually more his fault. His pass coverage seemed kinda solid, though.

Second and equally concerning point of note is this celebration by my Cuz...

If RG's knee goes bye-bye again I do NOT want to see this shit in the regular season...actually, fuck it...if you get us in the endzone you can do whatever you want.