Explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Comments

• Horseleech said:
    bassie said:
    vintageinfants said:

remember, I'm a reasonable human being? i literally clapped when i saw the wiki entry for Occam's razor posted.

Ha, sorry, yes.

'start simple, work out' - that, I understand.
    Otherwise, I am on my second reading of the Occam's razor explanation and I don't understand half of it. I will try again tomorrow after some sleep.

No need to wade through most of that, the intro paragraph on the Wiki sums it up proper: "among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected".

It's usually stated as something like 'the simplest explanation is most likely to be correct', but that's not really it.

So far we know the suspect terrorist brothers were being monitored for years by the FBI before the attack happened.

That means:

Either authorities/security agencies are lazy and they didn't notice it would happen.

Or they knew it was going to happen and let it go down anyway, which if true is a very serious crime and they're just as guilty as the terrorists.

I'm willing to give them (authorities) the benefit of doubt so far and say they're just an incompetent bunch.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    It was probably passed to the guy climbing over the unlocked gate ^^^

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

So far we know the suspect terrorist brothers were being monitored for years by the FBI before the attack happened..

This is 100% false.

The brothers were not being monitored for years.

One brother had a check done by the FBI, they found nothing. They had no statutory authority to dig deeper, absent new evidence, which didn't exist.

That means:

Your either/or scenario is fatally flawed.

That last line about the authorities being incompetent is destroyed by the fact that the suspects were killed/captured within days of the bombing.

• i envy the amount of free time certain people here seem to have.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

....them (authorities) ....they're just an incompetent bunch.

I'd have thought this was an unassailable self-evident truth.
    The best, most competent and able people never go to work for any authorities.
    They either work in the most balleur sector of their national economy, or for themselves.
    As a generalisation, of course.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    pls to explain above?

"Professionals under US regime" whah?

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    bassie said:

I'm glad someone has compiled all the evidence against the conspiracy nuts in one place. Thanks.

crabmongerfunk said:
    i envy the amount of free time certain people here seem to have.

Envy's :nagl:

Instead of coveting what another person has, you should be happy they have something you value. Then, you should take positive steps to obtain something similar for yourself.

:happyday:

skel said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

They either work in the most balleur sector of their national economy, or for themselves.

Definitely a generalization.

There are of plenty of the best and brightest that go into public service.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    skel said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

Thank You! I am a public service employee and look at it as the next best thing to working for myself...given my tax dollars pay my wages, you can say I am!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Uncovering a vast conspiracy or even government negligence in a tragedy with global implications would be any reporter's wet dream - and also a career-making event. I know my employer would be ALL OVER THAT SHIT and I could share planning emails with dozens of questions that are being explored every day. More importantly, most media managers and editors are treating this stuff like free-thinking, clear-headed adults, beholden only to what they can say, factually, about any given event.

And to co-sign what Skel said, I doubt government bureaucrats have the sophistication necessary to cover up a fucking missile launch of a U.S. factory but, to paraphrase the Soulstrut-fave New Radicals, maybe I've been brainwashed too???

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Obama administration lies about drone strikes on the regular...

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/10/obama_administration_lied_about_drone_targets/

I've given up on the missile theory pertaining to West, but yeah...so far fetched that these fools are capable of obscuring inconvenient truths.

• eventually, we the people are going to have to look at the REAL ways our government is giving us a high hard one.

LCBO: the most condescending drug dealer ever

americans: all of our alcohol is purchased, monitored and sold by our provincial [state] governments. if a strike looms, i'm going to need your help to kickstart prohibition.

HarveyCanal said:
    Obama administration lies about drone strikes on the regular...

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/10/obama_administration_lied_about_drone_targets/

I've given up on the missile theory pertaining to West, but yeah...so far fetched that these fools are capable of obscuring inconvenient truths.

It was a classified program up until about 2 months ago.

As an Obamaton, I don't think divulging classified information rises to the level of lying.

I also don't think that drone strikes are only ordered as part of the targeted killing program. They are also used in the war effort in Afghanistan, hence the use of drones against Afghan insurgents.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    eventually, we the people are going to have to look at the REAL ways our government is giving us a high hard one.

LCBO: the most condescending drug dealer ever

americans: all of our alcohol is purchased, monitored and sold by our provincial [state] governments. if a strike looms, i'm going to need your help to kickstart prohibition.

oh gosh - raiding the Nassau duty-free for Hennessy this past weekend could not have happened at a better time. Now I need to stockpile a bottle of a wine a day to to go with dinners!

bassie said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    skel said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

Thank You! I am a public service employee and look at it as the next best thing to working for myself...given my tax dollars pay my wages, you can say I am!

No sweat! I'm also public service, and while I'm certainly not the best or the brightest, many, if not the most in my office are.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    So anything that isn't in line with the mainstream media's portrayal of events is conspiracy nuttery?

Now, i don't agree with almost all of the theories these nuts (and some of them really are nuts) put forth....but.... how did WTC7 crumble, again?
    I must be a crazy.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    cove said:
    So anything that isn't in line with the mainstream media's portrayal of events is conspiracy nuttery?

Now, i don't agree with almost all of the theories these nuts (and some of them really are nuts) put forth....but.... how did WTC7 crumble, again?
    I must be a crazy.

From the NIST report:

"The fires burned out of control during the afternoon, causing floor beams near column 79 to expand and push a key girder off its seat, triggering the floors to fail around column 79 on Floors 8 to 14. With a loss of lateral support across nine floors, column 79 buckled ??? pulling the east penthouse and nearby columns down with it. With the buckling of these critical columns, the collapse then progressed east-to-west across the core, ultimately overloading the perimeter support, which buckled between Floors 7 and 17, causing the remaining portion of the building above to fall downward as a single unit. The fires, fueled by office contents, along with the lack of water, were the key reasons for the collapse."

I don't believe everything I hear from the government/media tells me either, but if I'm going to believe something it has to at least make sense, and I haven't heard any alternate theories that make any sense.

• usernameusername 71 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    cove said:

I must be a crazy.

From the NIST report:

"The fires burned out of control during the afternoon, causing floor beams near column 79 to expand and push a key girder off its seat, triggering the floors to fail around column 79 on Floors 8 to 14. With a loss of lateral support across nine floors, column 79 buckled ??? pulling the east penthouse and nearby columns down with it. With the buckling of these critical columns, the collapse then progressed east-to-west across the core, ultimately overloading the perimeter support, which buckled between Floors 7 and 17, causing the remaining portion of the building above to fall downward as a single unit. The fires, fueled by office contents, along with the lack of water, were the key reasons for the collapse."

I don't believe everything I hear from the government/media tells me either, but if I'm going to believe something it has to at least make sense, and I haven't heard any alternate theories that make any sense.

Just keep praying for the victims.

• Bon Vivant said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

So far we know the suspect terrorist brothers were being monitored for years by the FBI before the attack happened..

This is 100% false.

The brothers were not being monitored for years.

One brother had a check done by the FBI, they found nothing. They had no statutory authority to dig deeper, absent new evidence, which didn't exist.

That means:

Your either/or scenario is fatally flawed.

That last line about the authorities being incompetent is destroyed by the fact that the suspects were killed/captured within days of the bombing.

You and I can not know how deep they went digging because such information is classified. But when Russian security services (out of all people!) start warning the United States about terrorist activity of one of their citizens you can bet the American authorities are not going to do just one check and then leave that potential terrorist alone forever after that.

• white_tea said:
    Uncovering a vast conspiracy or even government negligence in a tragedy with global implications would be any reporter's wet dream - and also a career-making event. I know my employer would be ALL OVER THAT SHIT and I could share planning emails with dozens of questions that are being explored every day. More importantly, most media managers and editors are treating this stuff like free-thinking, clear-headed adults, beholden only to what they can say, factually, about any given event.

And to co-sign what Skel said, I doubt government bureaucrats have the sophistication necessary to cover up a fucking missile launch of a U.S. factory but, to paraphrase the Soulstrut-fave New Radicals, maybe I've been brainwashed too???

The government of George W. Bush lied about Saddam's WMD's to get us into war. Then the current government lied about Gaddafi bombing unarmed protesters in the streets with fighter jets in order to establish a no-fly zone and bomb another country back to the stone age. Where are Iraq's WMD's? No one ever found any. Where are all the videos of Gaddafi's fighter jets bombing unarmed protesters? I have looked more than two years all over the internet for those and could not find a SINGLE one. I challenge any of you to find one and prove the government didn't lie us into these wars.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Look, if you need evidence that our government does not have our best interests in mind, no need to go all the way out into tin foil land. Just look at the vetrans and the poor. When you start saying that every critical national event is carried out by some group of actors you completely negate anything you have said previously that I believe. Don't be that conspiracy clown, it makes it that much easier for the system to write you off to mainstream society when you actually have valid points.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    jaysus said:
    Look, if you need evidence that our government does not have our best interests in mind, no need to go all the way out into tin foil land. Just look at the vetrans and the poor. When you start saying that every critical national event is carried out by some group of actors you completely negate anything you have said previously that I believe. Don't be that conspiracy clown, it makes it that much easier for the system to write you off to mainstream society when you actually have valid points.

You don't get it.

Fuck society as it currently stands.

Why is it when you say that so many still expect you to do so while remaining perfectly assimilated within that very society you are rejecting?

Fuck the endless warmongering. Fuck the poisoned foods and water. Fuck the war on drugs. Fuck the oversaturation of prisons. Fuck the fake media. Fuck the fake democracy. Fuck the fake banking system. Fuck the shitty schools. Fuck the fake Western medicine show. Fuck the racist cops. Fuck all the rules and mores that the same people who purposefully constructed all said folly expect you to live by.

Oh no, somebody went as far as saying that this society engages in ritual killings on the regular. How is that even out on a limb? It's only happened like clockwork for decades if not centuries on end.

If y'all want to ignore away all of the blatant criminality surrounding you, then go be complicit consumers and enjoy your 1st World kick-backs as you wait for your sheepmade heartstrings to be pulled yet again by your Satanic overlords. But please do stay out of the way of those who yes, might seem crazy to your groupthink worldview, but are actually the ones trying to tackle this seemingly-endless tsunami of bullshit head-on.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Take a half a teacup of Herbert Marcuse and four tablespoons of Marshall McLuhan and you've more less cooked up the same viewpoint.

The pound of fat back drums is optional.

• Flomotion said:
    Take a half a teacup of Herbert Marcuse and four tablespoons of Marshall McLuhan and you've more less cooked up the same viewpoint.

You forgot Michel Foucault.

Da Vinylmentalist said:

You and I can not know how deep they went digging because such information is classified. But when Russian security services (out of all people!) start warning the United States about terrorist activity of one of their citizens you can bet the American authorities are not going to do just one check and then leave that potential terrorist alone forever after that.

:sigh:

Yes, we can not "know". Can we ever really "know" anything?

I'm sure this will be met with derision, but this IS a country of laws. The law is clear about what needs to be evident before searches into a person's privacy occur. And, those searches are limited.

Now, I bet you don't think that the FBI will abide by those laws. That's fine. But, until you have evidence that they didn't in this case, your feelings or hunches aren't worth anything.

I mean, you're the same guy that claims there were Blackwater guys at the Marathon to cause havoc. Why? Because there are photos or people wearing cargo pants.

You'll forgive me if I find it difficult to take you seriously on this topic. Thanks.

Da Vinylmentalist said:

Where are all the videos of Gaddafi's fighter jets bombing unarmed protesters? I have looked more than two years all over the internet for those and could not find a SINGLE one. I challenge any of you to find one and prove the government didn't lie us into these wars.

Why would there be videos?

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Flomotion said:

This made loosely following this 17 page shit show almost worth it...word to King Curtis.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Where are all the videos of Gaddafi's fighter jets bombing unarmed protesters?

soulstrutcomedygold