Rap You're Liking

Comments

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    That Vinnie Chase track and the Curren$y Veroocai are nice. Thanks for posting.

• and...

• Your kid's 25, you're 24.

b/w

"Parody Rap???????" blahblahblahboohoo

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    The Czarface album is pretty good, but it's the Wu-Tang stans who'll get the most out of it.

That Quelle Chris track is quite funny.

For me, K.R.I.T. is the most consistent dude in the game right now.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    LIL POOPY!

"COKE AIN'T A BAD WORD, COCA COLA"
    "COKE AINT A BAD WORD, IT'S ONLY SODA!"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    KRIT just the other night in San Marcos...

Again not rap, but more soulful goodness from Latasha and Salih...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

"I love Earth and I'm happy, I pray we all survive, you feel me? / Most people in the hood only talk with nines, short tempers and them bullsh*t lies / puttin' kids through hell I don't respect those guys."

"We was born into a gang, old rules, old news / written in the books, people think we supposed to / I ain't gonna lie, don't compare me to those dudes...."

"The Feds on my back, wanna catch the cat / I need green eggs and ham, b*tch...and a sandwich."

Produced by DaBosnian, who was the first producer who worked with our afterschool program back in '08. He recently went all in upon discovering this South Austin rapper Krypol Haze. They've got a full album out now and it sports a feature from Project Pat, who has long been Bosnian's favorite rapper by far. Didn't think much of this song Zooted the first time I heard it, but it kinda hit me in the right place this morning...

As far as the afterschool program today, just yesterday I got a cd with the 3 songs completed at Lanier High School so far this semester...and damn, I can't wait to get them in a format I can post around the internet and share. So so good...big ups to Dr. Jules Narcisse and Reggie Coby of the LOEG'z.

Nothing too surprising here, and certainly nothing that's likely to change anyone's mind about Danny Brown, but this is pretty good.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Rollin - Devin The Dude, Freddie Gibbs, Starlito, Killa Kyleon, Propain - Prod TrakkSounds

When the African Education Conference chant of "The Ha Dance" comes in at 1:55, I struck the meanest of poses:

Also,

bassie said:

Rollin - Devin The Dude, Freddie Gibbs, Starlito, Killa Kyleon, Propain - Prod TrakkSounds

Not bad.

This whole tape is proper. Lots of my favourite guys are on it. From The Bottom is hot!

DL: datpiff and here

Wow, even Slimm Calhoun!

HarveyCanal said:

As far as the afterschool program today, just yesterday I got a cd with the 3 songs completed at Lanier High School so far this semester...and damn, I can't wait to get them in a format I can post around the internet and share. So so good...big ups to Dr. Jules Narcisse and Reggie Coby of the LOEG'z.

Y'all ready, here it go...

• New Harry Fraud mixtape, haven't listened to it yet but should be good.

http://www.datpiff.com/Harry-Fraud-Adrift-mixtape.463242.html

SP 1200 said:
    New Harry Fraud mixtape, haven't listened to it yet but should be good.

http://www.datpiff.com/Harry-Fraud-Adrift-mixtape.463242.html

I didn't realise at the time, but the new Danny Brown cut I posted a few days ago is from this.

• Will get a chance to listen to it later, Fraud was one of my favourite producers from last year.

SP 1200 said:
    Will get a chance to listen to it later, Fraud was one of my favourite producers from last year.

He had a few shots, but I didn't find him to be consistently interesting. I was looking forward to the tape, but find it a bit of a letdown.
    I really like the Danny Brown and Pusha T tracks and that's probably the best stuff I've heard from Trel, but I just FFed through the rest.

• Haven't really liked to Harry Fraud tracks so far from Adrift.

I loved that one beat he did for Main Attraktionz last year, even if it was kind of orthodox by their usual standards, and I still like that French Montana joint he did, We Run NY, unfashionable though that may be to admit. I like his stuff on the whole, but I sometimes get the feeling he's the guy people go to when they can't get a beat from Alchemist.

HarveyCanal said:

Wow, that was a little unexpected. What with this and that Worldwide joint a couple of pages back, it seems like Southern cats luh them some James Blake.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    RA Scion (from Common Market) is putting out an LP on the 19th with Todd Sykes called "Adding to the Extra". I heard a preview version of the LP and it'll easily be on my top 5 for 2013.

I put a review of it up on my blog along with a couple of the tracks. Pretty dope.

http://www.basementaddicts.blogspot.com/2013/03/ra-scion-todd-sykes-adding-to-extra.html

HarveyCanal said:

Are you going to go? I'd love to know what you think of Western Tink...or have you already seen him live?

I've been listening to his Chillin Like a Civilian EP quite a bit and he has a really good part on Pepperboy's The Streets.

Man, I really need to get to Texas one of these days.

I thought Harvey was boycotting SXSW on account of Macklemore?

Yeah, I'm going and now I'll be looking out for Western Tink.

SXSW is out of control. Prince is now the big headliner...gonna play at lil ole La Zona Rosa.

But everyone is here...y'all's hero Timberlake even.

Too much starlight for me. I'll be going to some shows certain days/nights and hanging back with my daughter others.

I refuse to stand in any line.