yeah, love this

• ketan said:
    pimlicosquirrel said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I can't front on this at all

this is bananas

yeah, love this

This is amazing. Goddamn!

• I'm feelin this new MF Grimm. Dude has been on point for years.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    These kids are new to me, but I kinda like 'em.

• bassie said:

i like this tape, including Doesn't Matter. Trust You is my jammy..

this and FBG The Movie have been getting heavy rotation

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Best Trae song in a while...

• I do find Danny Brown's voice irritating, good for a guest verse but not for a full album. I'm also probably the only person on here who doesn't really like Kendrick Lamar's album all that much either.

However just listened to the Adrian Young/Ghostface collab, sounding pretty good, no big surprises from Young or Ghost.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    SP 1200 said:
    I'm also probably the only person on here who doesn't really like Kendrick Lamar's album all that much either.

Not the only one.

SP 1200 said:
    I do find Danny Brown's voice irritating, good for a guest verse but not for a full album. I'm also probably the only person on here who doesn't really like Kendrick Lamar's album all that much either.

However just listened to the Adrian Young/Ghostface collab, sounding pretty good, no big surprises from Young or Ghost.

I was a little bit underwhelmed by that Ghost thing, but I'll wait until the album drops rather than pass judgement too hastily. I do think that the whole throwback r&b thing seems to have settled into something of a rut, though.

Issues of personal taste aside, I think your criticism of Danny Brown's voice might make more sense if he actually used that voice for a full album, which thus far he hasn't done.

• I thought the Young/Ghost collaboration was ok if a bit predictable.

All variations of Brown's voice annoy me after 5 minutes of continued listening so the occasional guest verse is fine for me.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Junior said:
    Wasn't sure whether to post these guys in this thread or the one about the new rap that sounds like old thread but either way, the Underachievers tape is is surprising me with how much I like it.

I'm loving that Idigoism mixtape they just dropped.... gets better with each listen

http://www.datpiff.com/The-Underachievers-Indigoism-mixtape.449545.html

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

at 3:30 when the guy in back pops up is the best.

SP 1200 said:
    I thought the Young/Ghost collaboration was ok if a bit predictable.

All variations of Brown's voice annoy me after 5 minutes of continued listening so the occasional guest verse is fine for me.

Fair enough.

• this has been getting a lot of run on Video Music Box

too hypebeasty for me to get 100% behind but I dig a lil bit

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    this has been getting a lot of run on Video Music Box

anybody know the psych sample in this? takeittothabraeksrelated

Jonny_Paycheck said:

I was reading about this kid a little earlier today, by some odd coincidence. This is pretty good.

• I think I'm probably just into the video treatment, the lyrics kind of fall apart when you get into them. Beat is dope though. Harlem!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    first time i've ever heard anybody rap about being a good director.

• did "kid art" do the video?

"got a few film awards under this gucci belt..."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    "Kubrick"

The beat is nice, their flow is good, some cute lines here and there...just doesn't grab me. I agree, the video helps a lot. Not sure it would stand out in a tape among other tracks.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

I was reading about this kid a little earlier today, by some odd coincidence. This is pretty good.

Goddam I really enjoyed that a lot.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Everything's better with Future. Can definitely get behind Trae and Mike Will collaborating as well.

Speaking of Future, the roll doesn't seem to be slowing down:

Putting aside the fact I could do with a year off from $ sign rappers the Vinny Cha$e beat is a lot of fun though agree that it's not going to stay in the mind too long.

Btw, what the hell has got Master P on such a roll at the moment? Not complaining but it's kind of come from nowhere. Also, FAt Trel's work with him is arguably more consistent than his solo stuff.

Speaking of dollar-sign rappers, Curren$y's recent stuff has been quietly working its hooks into me. Absolutely love the feel of this.

Ah, the days when something as simple as a Verocai loop over the PoZ drums would have people losing their minds up in here.

DocMcCoy said:
    Speaking of dollar-sign rappers, Curren$y's recent stuff has been quietly working its hooks into me. Absolutely love the feel of this.

Ah, the days when something as simple as a Verocai loop over the PoZ drums would have people losing their minds up in here.

Ha! Yeah I'm still enjoying Curren$y's output a lot and did think his recent couple of tapes have upped the standard - still definitely at the mellow end of the spectrum but seems to be a bit more focused. Helps that he's working with people like Harry Fraud as well.

His new tape New Jet City has some great stuff on it.

Junior said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Everything's better with Future. Can definitely get behind Trae and Mike Will collaborating as well.

Sorry, Charlie. But overwhelming consensus down here in Trae territory is that the Future parts of that song suck tremendously. We just like the beat and the verses. No lie.

Nah I actually agree with you on this one though I'd probably settle for underwhelming. I'm a big fan of Future, especially the work he does with Mike Will, but this sounds like he recorded it while driving between two other appointments. Misses the mark and sounds lazy and under developed. Nice to hear something decent by Trae again though, it's been a fair while.

"Katrillionaire swagger"...smh.