Rap You're Liking

Comments

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    Two tracks from "The Demo EP". Recorded back in 1994 but only released in 2008. Dope beats by Godfather Don.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    ^^ 4:20 ^^

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Herm said:
    ^^ 4:20 ^^

YES!

they were so excited to sing with stevie. no acting there

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Y'ALL DIDN'T KNOW THAT BASSIE, AKA "MC AWKWAFINA" WAS A RAPPEUR? CHECK OUT HER NEW RAPS "MY VAG"

• Parody (C)rap

• sergserg 682 Posts

fuck apparently I don't remember how to post youtubes on this shit anymore. fuck it here's a link

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    I like his stuff on the whole, but I sometimes get the feeling he's the guy people go to when they can't get a beat from Alchemist.

I see where you're coming from on this (particularly his relationship with Curren$y) but I think he's got a developed enough sound of his own to warrant attention, veering more towards the truly stoned lushness mixed with a fondness for the eighties. I think his main issue is that he's far too prolific with his beat distribution which dilutes his sound and he has a tendency to gift great beats to rappers who don't really know how to use them for maximum impact. I mean, this is an amazing beat but it really hits home when Riff Raff takes over from Action Bronson*

However, Adrift is a case in point of volume and less exciting MCs, pretty disappointing as a whole. I think some of the beats would be great with different rappers on them but as it is I probably won't revisit. I do love Coke Boy but that's donkey years old in mixtape terms.

* I am well aware how bizarre that sentence is out of context.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Junior said:
    this is an amazing beat

Only a digital - where do I even go to buy the mp3? :Disconnected:

I'll put this here as I can't be bothered to resurrect the American Rave thread.

This is one of the few bonuses of the pitiful state of modern commercial rap releases. All the best stuff appears on the free mixtapes before they drop the overhyped and musically compromised major label album (bandcamp members being the major exception).

You can grab it for free off Riff Raff's Birth Of An Icon mixtape at various places though DatPiff will do:

http://www.datpiff.com/Riff-Raff-Birth-Of-An-Icon-mixtape.382802.html

• Yeah Harry is dope. Been running his latest mixtape nonstop past week

You know I'm not normally a sucker for nostalgia rap but I can't stop this bringing a massive smile to my face.

Just a shame I've now got to put it on hold till the weather catches up with the track.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    'bird on a wire' instrumental: http://www.mediafire.com/?3wb7ddr956740zz

Album is really good. Wasn't sure if the idea was going to work over an entire album, but it does.

The Ghostface leak already? Damn that's early. Interested to hear this anyway, up for anything Ghost related.

Still liking Gates.

Junior said:
    The Ghostface leak already? Damn that's early. Interested to hear this anyway, up for anything Ghost related.

Still liking Gates.

Nah, it hasn't leaked yet - I got a review copy.

DocMcCoy said:
    Junior said:

Still liking Gates.

Nah, it hasn't leaked yet - I got a review copy.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

That whole Fiend tape is a snoozefest, but that Devin one was cool.

A lil too formulaic for my tastes, but alright overall and I'm basically posting this for Hermilto...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Herm said:
    That whole Fiend tape is a snoozefest.

Yep.

I am now on to another Trakksounds tape, not as good as ITS, but some gems in there still.

Also having a fair amount of fun on this kid's Soundcloud - LOVE the Gucci and Waka remixes.

https://soundcloud.com/suicideyear

HarveyCanal said:
    A lil too formulaic for my tastes

Oh man...mine too.

b/w

I had to tab back to the video to make sure that wasn't Chamillionaire I was hearing.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Zro kills it

Harry Fraud again

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Grandfather said:

I'm a fan of dude's.

And I got over the Ghostface thing very early with him.

But every now and then he drops a track that has me reverting to my "okay-now-this-guy-sounds-a-little-too-much-like-my-favorite-rapper" mentality.

This is such a tack.

Dope tho.

• Yeah I like that Bronson track. Good beat too but it would be hard to go wrong with the EPMD starting material.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    cove said:
    'bird on a wire' instrumental: http://www.mediafire.com/?3wb7ddr956740zz

With most moder rap this is exactly what I'd be after, but believe it or not I really like the lyrics. They're kind of dumb, but weirdly compliment the beat, and the irreverent content gives me Paul's Boutique vibes.

I'm not sure what any of that says about my taste in rap these days though :lol:

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

That Riff Raff impostor's hairline is awesome in this.