Rap You're Liking

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    great! just checking out their other stuff now...

DocMcCoy said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Niiiiiice. James Blake sample, no? Who produced it??

This is fantastic.

• Grandfather said:
    Dam thats great song Harv.
    Just downloaded WorldWide's mixtape. First song is KILLER so far.

link?

• BallzDeep said:
    Grandfather said:
    Dam thats great song Harv.
    Just downloaded WorldWide's mixtape. First song is KILLER so far.

link?

http://www.datpiff.com/Worldwide-Ga-Money-mixtape.402747.html

• thanks

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    bennyboy said:

i couldn't understand a word this guy was saying. is he scottish or something?

• That's yer thick glaswegian burr right there.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Surprised not to see this up here yet. On paper it looks like one of those team-ups calculated to get the blogosphere goin' nuts and nothing else, but the track is a whole 'nother kind of smooth.

• jammy said:
    bennyboy said:

Definately a West Coast Scotland accent. I'm Scottish and I struggled a bit to follow him. I liked the track though.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    SP 1200 said:
    jammy said:
    bennyboy said:

Definately a West Coast Scotland accent. I'm Scottish and I struggled a bit to follow him. I liked the track though.

yeah, the guy has a flow and decent voice whatever the hell he may be saying.

• I can't front on this at all

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The Droop-E and Nite Jewel track is pretty nice. Not amazing but still pretty good - seems like a natural extension of his Diamond Life mixtape which I am definitely not made at.

That Broken Language track is insane - I think I would lose it if I heard that in a club. Not sure if others will agree but it sounds like it has a "trip hop" vibe to it. In a good way. I need to get hold of a copy.

A big obstacle for me when it comes to Lamar and Danny Brown is the voice, so you'd think the cartoony high-pitch wouldn't be doing Chance too many favours on this track....but he does step out of it in a nice subtle way now and then here and I like the song's layered feel.

An older track that I really like, too.

• Bassie, I agree with you about Danny Brown and Kendrick. Their voice gets annoying to me at times.
    That said, I've been playing that Danny Brown x House Shoes song a lot lately. So good.

It definitely can work in certain songs as part of the greater landscape, but a whole record of that pitch is really hard.

Do you mean Sweet? Yea, I really like that track, too. He actually gruffs it up a bit lol

And Brown's regular irregular voice really works on this track imo.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    that NORE joint is dope..

which NORE joint

Wasn't sure whether to post these guys in this thread or the one about the new rap that sounds like old thread but either way, the Underachievers tape is is surprising me with how much I like it.

bassie said:

I started listening to this with pretty low expectations and the first couple of tracks didn't really change that but then Revolution came on and I suddenly started getting excited again about what his solo album could be like:

The rest was fairly patchy but then I Am Forgiven came on at the end again and has got my hopes back up.

A bit more of that and Raid style tracks and I'll be all over it.

I've been skipping Doesn't Matter and Take My Life, otherwise, yea, I am liking it a lot more than I expected to (I already liked Blocka)

Meant to ask - I am having a hard time finding a good link for Pluto, datpiff included. I DLed a version without looking close enough a while ago and it has all this terrible scratching all over it that makes me feel angry lol so I abandoned it.
    Not to be a pain - I know you're not Google - but can you please post a reliable DL link?

Yep no probs, always happy to share the Future. Check your PMs.

got it! thank you very much!

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I can't front on this at all

this is bananas

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I love that Chance tune - been on repeat all week. If I had anything to do with it, that's the kind of shit that'd be all over daytime radio.

I ought to add that I don't have any issues with either Kendrick, Danny Brown or Chance's voices - I see all that as just their way of illustrating different personas or perspectives. I can completely understand how some listeners would find it irritating, but I don't have any issues with Rosie Perez's voice either (although that may be for entirely separate reasons).

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The trouble I had with Kendrick's voice the first couple of weeks his album was out has subsided into a non-issue the more I continue to listen to said album.