TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Sometimes my mate sketches the people in the opposite seat to him...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

LOL!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

Love this. Where can I see more?

Flomotion said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Love this. Where can I see more?

http://drawtheline.posterous.com/

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Okem said:
    It's been years since I've been on the tube, or even thought about it, but watching that I could suddenly smell that familiar tube station smell and imagine the gust of air as the train approaches.

Miss my Northern Line commute. I almost even miss blowing my nose getting out of the station and it being black!

• GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    DOR said:
    Okem said:
    It's been years since I've been on the tube, or even thought about it, but watching that I could suddenly smell that familiar tube station smell and imagine the gust of air as the train approaches.

Miss my Northern Line commute. I almost even miss blowing my nose getting out of the station and it being black!

Aww main, sooty gooberz. That ain't right!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Although much of the eastern side has been turned into something reminiscent of a Kubrick 2001 spaceport, it's always good to visit an old tube station like Elephant & Castle for some real world bump n grind.

• nah, not one good thing about the commute, even on the ginger line.. Kindle reading zombie clones... soul sapping...hate it

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Jose is a shoo-in for the Man Poo job, no?

Making a huge 'humble' nod to Sir Bobby and them.

Need to get some money on that.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I liked Fergie's pointy shouty outburst as he left the field when the game was over. Was waiting for him to do a throat-slash gesture and break out some moves. Guess that must've happened in the dressing room.

Playing the media like a Stradivarious Stradavaryuz kazoo.

Going to be a Manchester side he comes back to, unless Roman has a personality transplant. I guess, despite the defeat, that it ain't broken at U*ited, so why fix it yet? They don't need players like City do, and he can build that side.

As one ex-City manager might say, "I would love it".

Missed the game. Tuesdays is Muay Thai followed by footie. Came home to the last 15 mins or so, Modric scored a beaut, Ronaldo had to get the winner really.

Cahh-lm down baconface.

:lol:

isn't part of Mourinho's m.o. to bring in "his" players? I still think he's more likely to go to City than Utd. Or maybe he'll be given the England or Portugal job, eh? But regardless of how amusing I find him and how great a coach he may be, I don't think I'd want him on my team...

Kidding me.

He's top odds at 3-1, I'm putting a monkey on that come payday.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    He says he's going to England, Man City would seem likely with the blank cheque and the imminent departure of Mancini. However Fergie might step aside early if he feels like it's the right time to pass the torch.

Last night was BULLSHIT, the new test for if you pathologically hate Man Ure is if you thought Nani deserved the red card or not.

Hilarious also the typical Rooney related headlines, in hindsight he would have performed better than Van Persie had he started.

magpaul said:
    Last night was BULLSHIT

A yellow tops. No intent. It was the intimidating ref-badgering of the Real blowhards that got the red out. Which, I believe, is the M.O. of the U*ited squad when the such decisions favour them. No argument from me that they are not the best side in the Prem, the table proves it. And they were in the driving seat until that decision. It ruined the game. I could see it going to extra time, and the deployment of a fresh Roonaldo would have perhaps been another Fergie masterstroke.

Of course, as a blue, I have to say it's somewhat reassuring that BS decisions can be made against the home side at Old Trafford. Seen similar BS calls against Vincent Kompany too regularly. As, I am sure, supporters of any team have seen.

YMD.

magpaul said:

Last night was BULLSHIT, the new test for if you pathologically hate Man Ure is if you thought Nani deserved the red card or not.

I've seen worse...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Gleefully indulging in schadenfreude simply because you can just doesn't have the appeal it once did. I couldn't have cared less if United had won or lost last night, and I certainly couldn't care less about United feeling hard done by concerning the sending-off. Who hasn't seen players heading down the tunnel following equally debatable challenges?

That said...

It's old as the hills, but a yellow in the Prem, a red in Europe?

I thought the red was harsh, but Nani kinda De Jong'ed the guy.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Jeremy Clarkson unveils his new power-trio, The Lesbian Aunties.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I was surprised when the ref pulled out a red, then I lolled. As much for the reaction as anything.

http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/newsandevents/news/2013/march/06/police_tackle_time_wasters_after_football_999_call/

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    No intent.
    Didn't watch anything but highlights, so I am not here trying to say that Nani deserved a red card, but I take exception to this commonly thrown around term.

feel free to prove me wrong (and you probably will), but where in the rule book is "intent" ever even mentioned? I hear this argument all the time, but who the fuck would ever get a red card if that was the litmus test. Only a small minority of players (i see you Joey Barton) actually appear to go into tackles intending to hurt a player.

a pretty good article below. Author believed the play was not red card worthy, but makes good points as to why it was given based on the rules.

http://www.football365.com/ref365/8543296/Ref365
    It is firstly very important to distinguish what Nani was sent off for. He was not dismissed for 'Violent Conduct'. Violent conduct is defined as an act when you are not challenging for the ball, which Nani clearly was.

He was sent off for 'Serious Foul Play', and to be dismissed for this you must "use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play."

Further to this, the law states: "A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play."

ppadilha said:

Come come. Arbeloa kind of ran into the side of his foot, nothing more, and then went down like a sack of shit.

Okem said:
    I was surprised when the ref pulled out a red, then I lolled. As much for the reaction as anything.

http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/newsandevents/news/2013/march/06/police_tackle_time_wasters_after_football_999_call/

I know some folk connected with the Ambulance service here and I was staggered at the amount of calls they attend that are pure wastes of time. Alcoholics getting drunk, saying they are having heart attacks. Every other day. People locked out. People feeling too ill to go to work, can't be bothered waiting to see the doctor. Meanwhile some knifed teenager sucks his last breath into punctured lungs....

J i m s t e r said:
    ppadilha said:

Come come. Arbeloa kind of ran into the side of his foot, nothing more, and then went down like a sack of shit.

I think it should've been a yellow, but it was a studs-up challenge at chest height. Just a stupid challenge to make, really.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    ppadilha said:

I think it should've been a yellow, but it was a studs-up challenge at chest height. Just a stupid challenge to make, really.

when you lift your foot to control the ball and don't see a flopmaster running into you it's not a stupid move
    unlucky yellow yes red no
    but i can understand the ref

• i don't watch nearly as much footy as you guys, but i definitely sit down to a match or so a week.

the red card call was incongruous with most other reds ive seen basically ever, BUT... from the amount of footy ive played, if someone goes into a 50/50 challenge with their spikes up around my chest when the outcome would hardly effect that minute of play let alone the climate of the game? he'd be leaving the pitch on a gurney and I'd graciously accept the red.

• the Laurie Cunningham Story on ITV now