TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I must admit. ManU fans are a decent lot.

Great atmosphere. But the way they welcome back Ronaldo at 3:37 was pure class.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    According to wiki he's a Citeh fan.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    TONY GUBBA R.I.P.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/mar/11/tony-gubba

Imma pour a placcy cup of Bovril on the grass for homey.

J i m s t e r said:
    TONY GUBBA R.I.P.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts

It's got to be those little legs. Zero back-lift needed for loads of power. Undefendabababable. Was playing football so missed the game, but it looks like Barcelona have answered their critics (and dissappointed a few neutrals that would've preferred an underdog Milan to progress). Now it's Arsenal's turn (Hahahhaaa.... :whycry:).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/13/barcelona-divine-record-papal-conclaves

The scale of Barcelona's breathtaking second-leg comeback in their Champions League tie with Milan surprised a few pundits ??? but keen pope-watchers knew what was coming.

Barca's 4-0 victory, inspired by a "magisterial" display from Lionel Messi, took them into the quarter-finals 4-2 on aggregate, but was notable for one other reason. Barca have now played three games during a papal conclave, and have won them all 4-0.

During 1958's conclave Barca beat Real Madrid 4-0, and in 1978 they put four past Las Palmas. As spotted by @2010misterchip, Tuesday's win makes it three out of three.

Chances of a fourth 4-0 now rest of how long the voting inside the Sistine chapel goes on. Barcelona play Real Vallecano at home on Sunday.

Watched it last night.

Finding it so hard to believe Chelsea are reigning champions.

J i m s t e r said:

Finding it so hard to believe Chelsea are reigning champions.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Even if I didn't already believe contrarianism to generally be a blight upon civilised discourse, all this "Bore-celona" fuckwittery that's taken hold over the last few years, to the point where it's almost becoming received wisdom, would be enough to convince me. I have no problem accepting that some people simply have a preference for blood-and-thunder, two-footed brutalism and the honest virtues of hard graft and "passion" that this supposedly exemplifies, but the idea that it's in any way superior, morally or otherwise, to all that foreign tiki-taka muck is fucking nonsense. To me, what it comes down to is this; if you claim to be a fan of the game, then why on earth wouldn't you want to see it played this way?

• i cant wait until we discover that lionel messi is being controlled by an unemployed 17 year old kid via FIFA13

I half-watched the match on a crappy stream, so all I got was the vague impression that Bar??a were dominating the game. Don't know if this was a return to form or a bump in the middle of their decline. Still think Bayern Munich are favorites though. And I put Juventus down as the dark horse, they're not brilliant but other teams will have an incredibly hard time beating them.

Brazilian pundits have been taking a collective slo-mo shit in their pants over the prospect of Messi playing in the World Cup next year (fuuuuuuuuuuu it's next year already). They just seem to shift around in their seats as the load gets bigger underneath them. I won't mind though, as our current team is awful and I really just want the heads of the brazilian federation to either die or go to jail or both.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Watched the game in a Spanish bar and it was madness.

Barca were incredible. In every area.

That had what Spain lack, though: a cutting edge like Messi.

Would still like to see that snowy Feb Tuedsay night at the Britannia doe.

Make it so.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    great game
    vintage villa
    huge victory although that post by niang would have trampled us
    now the draw will be interesting trying to avaoid real,bayern and borrussia

meanwhile, in Bolivia:

Danny Shittu FTW

Dear Jim,

Please paint me an episode of popular Saturday dating show Take Me Out in which the young man coming down the love lift is the Norris-Thing from The Thing. It is attempting to absorb and replicate the desperate screaming female contestants and to the side Paddy McGuinness vomits on his chest in fear. This horror could have been averted if not for the fact that Kurt Russell, sitting in the audience armed with flamethrower and a mighty beard, has spotted himself on camera and is waving to family.

Duderonomy said:
    Dear Jim,

Please paint me an episode of popular Saturday dating show Take Me Out in which the young man coming down the love lift is the Norris-Thing from The Thing. It is attempting to absorb and replicate the desperate screaming female contestants and to the side Paddy McGuinness vomits on his chest in fear. This horror could have been averted if not for the fact that Kurt Russell, sitting in the audience armed with flamethrower and a mighty beard, has spotted himself on camera and is waving to family.

The first time I have laughed this week. THANK YOU.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    This is the best thing the internet has done in a long time.

• excuse me if this has been posted before but this guys drawings and descriptions on facebook has me actual lol'ing
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/TheSimpsonsArt

i have gone and done a picture of the football player that tried to kill the little boy last night because he wouldnt give him his ball back. the football player is called hazard because that is his name because a man said that it is his name when he was talking on my television and i am not quite sure what the little boys name is called but i think he looks like he should be called ross or jamie ...and i think that it is not good that the football player was kicking and punching and trying to strangle the little boy because he is only 8 years old and it is illegal to try and kill someone that is not 18 years old exactly so i think that the football player is really going to have a lot of regret for himself when he is in jail because he should have just waited until the little boy was a little bit older and then everything would have been fine but he couldnt wait could he and the man on my television said that the little boy is in hospital and he said that he nearly died in the night time but he has pulled through because ryan giggs sent him a signed football boot to take his mind off dying and i think that everything is going to be ok thank god and i hope that nothing like this ever happens again in all of my life time because it is just horrible and i hope that you are not really upset today as well because i was really upset when i was in my bed at night time but i am fine now because there is still snow outside of my house. Chris (Simpsons artist) xox

• Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oi m8z
    how are you people feeling over the cyprus situation?

If you had 100,000 euros there, you now have 90,000.

Too bad for the expat old folks, but tough titty. Not life changing numbers.

The bigger impacts: Russia, which always had shady financial fingers in the country pie, and the place was and is a byword for money laundering. That won't change but Russia might get antsy for a while. Heightened tension with a huge and slightly crazy neighbour is not a good look for Euroman.

And the biggest picture: euro land is only as strong as the weakest link, and the fragility of these peripheral economic areas is something that will continue to thwart progress, and actually threaten to destroy any unity won since WW2.

My barber is Cypriot. FACT.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im pretty informed on the situation, i was just more wondering what the british/other eu peeps streetz were feeling

Difficult to gauge the mood here in Germany right now, mainly because my grasp of the lingo still isn't too great. As with the UK, the Eng Lang press over here has a tendency to default to panic mode concerning most things Eurozone-related, irrespective of what the nuances of the issue may be, so that doesn't help. There's a general election looming in the autumn, though, and I have a feeling there'll be plenty of political capital to be gained by declaring that a vote for [x] will mean less of the German taxpayer's Euros being spent on bankrolling tax-havens for Russian crims.

It could turn out to be a long hot summer.

PatrickCrazy said:
    im pretty informed on the situation, i was just more wondering what the british/other eu peeps streetz were feeling

Don't think Brits are bothered at all.
    It's an occasional holiday destination, is all.

Some peeps migrated for that old-age sun-soaked retirement.
    If they didn't get fingers burned by local planning laws and legal ownership nuances, they'll prolly get burned somehow else.

My barber left Limassol in the 60s; never went back, he doesn't care in the slightest.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you out in germany? i thought you were a uk bro.

no doubt no one wants to help out zee russians but it's a tough situation regardless. will be very interesting to hear who pulled money last week before all this

PatrickCrazy said:
    you out in germany? i thought you were a uk bro.

no doubt no one wants to help out zee russians but it's a tough situation regardless. will be very interesting to hear who pulled money last week before all this

Me? UK originally, of course, but I've been out here for nearly two years now. Being a "foreigner" is...interesting.

My brother went there a while back, ended up with a deep sea diver sparking out a boorish US Marine and them being bought a crate of Guinness by the rest of the Marines as an apology. Could have ended much worse, I guess. And the British forces out there have a chequered history of local interraction.

Let us perhaps take this opportunity to regard smaller islands with warmer climes which have better-than-tenuous links to Blighty: I've been to Gibraltar and it was pleasant. Not in a "They've got KFC and evryfin innit" style (they have) but I liked the air of recalcitrant historic squatting which must so irritate the donkey-crushers across the water. Monkeys, caverns, own "Brit" accent... Thing of this nature are not lost on me. It's more than the Falklands with nice weather.

DocMcCoy said:

Being an "island monkey" is...interesting.

Fixed.

I love that one.

I swear, once, I almost reasoned that it could actually offend a Brit.

Almost.

Just the once.