What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    and I don't see any signs of a consistent, fluid offense or reliable defensive system.

Wake me up when you see this.

You need glasses.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Aiite, so simple question. What do you like about the Clippers' 4 games in?

yuichi said:
    Aiite, so simple question. What do you like about the Clippers' 4 games in?

Lamar Odom's veteran leadership and championship experience. I think that hes the key to their success.
    He can handle the ball. So id like to see him be more like Lebron like he used to be and be the point forward.
    Hell be able to execute the much needed pick and rolls that severely lacking. Since Paul doesnt really run the team correctly.
    Then I would have Vinny Del Negro sneak into the Lakers facilities and steal Mike Browns playbook.

Going back to your original question.

So Chauncey Billups at this point in career and a mentally healthy Odom is more integral than Chris Paul?

Not more, but JUST AS integral. I'd love to hear someone else other than Batmon disagree though.

• attempting to watch Sixers vs. Hornets is the most difficult thing I've ever attempted. Wife and daughter are out so I'm trying to feed my fix but this is HORRIBLE ball. I'd rather be watching Y ball right now.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    So you can say you knew about him 2-3 years before everyone else....local kid, true 7 footer who can score inside with either hand, has a good jump shot, can handle the ball and is a defensive monster....should be an NBA star...Isaiah Austin

• Rockadelic said:
    So you can say you knew about him 2-3 years before everyone else....local kid, true 7 footer who can score inside with either hand, has a good jump shot, can handle the ball and is a defensive monster....should be an NBA star...Isaiah Austin

pretty freaky dude

batmon said:
    the lackluster Mike Brown to run some bullshit ass plays.

FIRED!

Fuck outta here.

Dude aint shit. I dont know why this cat was considered for the LA gig.

What he did in Cleveland was an illusion. The East was in Transition and he had the Luxury of Lebron.

Fuck him and the fools who hyped him up.

• batmon said:
    batmon said:
    the lackluster Mike Brown to run some bullshit ass plays.

FIRED!

Fuck outta here.

Dude aint shit. I dont know why this cat was considered for the LA gig.

What he did in Cleveland was an illusion. The East was in Transition and he had the Luxury of Lebron.

Fuck him and the fools who hyped him up.

Bickerstaff won't be bad for the rest of the year.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Lakers should hire Stan Van Gundy.

blakatom said:
    Bickerstaff won't be bad for the rest of the year.

I agree.

Bon Vivant said:
    Lakers should hire Stan Van Gundy Brian Shaw in the off-season.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Fans want Phil Jackson

Media wants D'antoni

Brian Shaw - ehh

SVG - no chance in hell

I'd give Nate McMillan a shot

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

I saw some goaltending on that highlight reel :D
    His ball handling for his height is really impressive, but if he grows even more, that might fade away.

batmon said:
    Bon Vivant said:

In all seriousness, you have to hire Philly if he wants it.

Bon Vivant said:
    batmon said:
    Bon Vivant said:

In all seriousness, you have to hire Philly if he wants it.

I really doubt he would come in with no training camp and the pressure to make thing right.

I hear Jerry Sloan is healthy and still willing to coach. Hes so Utah to me that shit would be wierd. Hes man enuff though.

With an aging Kobe they dont have the time to break in a mediocre dude.

Larry Brown is too old school. And they shit on Shaw after cleaning house of Phil Jacksons regime. Now cats want him back....smh.

Don Nelson might be drunk at this time and is too experimental for that roster.

Can't imagine anyone other than Phil Jackson to take this team to championship form.

D'Antoni...eehh

Van Gundy?....wouldn't want issues with Dwight sparking off again

Brian Shaw? Don't think so.

Takes a huge ego and championship credentials to manage this team.....

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Warriors need a new coach ASAP

Mark Jackson is driving me fucking crazy

Other team goes on huge run, he doesn't call a timeout

We're down to the Lakers last night 4 straight possessions Warriors run down court, no passes just a 3 pointer and a miss. Coach doesn't call a timeout

Warriors are down and timeout happens he doesn't make any kind of play call to help the team score just lets them jack up more jump shots

Warriors play Kings and Andrew Bogut is in the game team continues to jack up 3s, coach doesn't call a post-up play just lets them go and they lose the game

yuichi said:
    D'Antoni...eehh...

A healthy Nash should get yall on the right track. Howard can run.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    DAntoni will fix the Lakers problems and get the offense running. Defense will be another issue. Means they solidify their playoff position, but won't win the whole thing with him as coach.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    D'Antoni...eehh...

A healthy Nash should get yall on the right track. Howard can run.

That's what i was thinking. Hopefully, Kobe will oblige...

His system is predicated on ball movement and everyone getting touches.

The plot thickens in Lakerland....

yuichi said:
    Further proving my point that the Clippers will not get anywhere without Chauncey or a healthy Odom, they lose to the Cavs at home by 7.

6-2

Still not impressed by their wins?

Or they need Chauncey or theres no pick n roll, Chris Paul leadership, or whatever nonsense you wanna make up?

The Clippers are a bad organization. Believe me, they will find a way to screw this up.

The Clippers 2012-13 are the classic "too many dudes" team.

edpowers said:
    The Clippers 2012-13 are the classic "too many dudes" team.

Too many dudes meaning talent with only one ball to share?

Or too many dudes a in thuggish Indiana Pacers Brawl team?

Or Karl Malone/Gary Payton Lakers or Barkley/Drexler/The Dream Houston?

Too many dudes meaning only one ball to share. Too many egos. Too many clones.

Being 3 deep at every position and having a balanced box score is cool in November, but roles need to be defined by All Star break ....Im not confident Del Negro can convince his players to accept lesser roles when the entire roster is made up of dudes who have been starters at one time or another.

edpowers said:
    Too many dudes meaning only one ball to share. Too many egos. Too many clones.

Being 3 deep at every position and having a balanced box score is cool in November, but roles need to be defined by All Star break ....Im not confident Del Negro can convince his players to accept lesser roles when the entire roster is made up of dudes who have been starters at one time or another.

Del Negro is wack but im not seein Billups, Odom, Turiaf , Barnes and Hill as lockeroom problems.

Theyre old men who are getting their the last opportunities to go deep.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Warriors need a new coach ASAP

Mark Jackson is driving me fucking crazy

could have told you it would be like that from day one. he's been terrible.
    jackson is a bag of hot air. can't coach a team with rhetoric and catch phrases and a complete lack of game strategy.

they need a JVG or adelman type to take the reigns and get everyone playing to their full potential. i wish they could unload david lee's bloated no-defense playin' contract too and start landry.

nice to see the leash off the rook last night though, he played a good game.

Nuggets uniforms looking nice.

:feelin_it:

Bon Vivant said:
    Nuggets uniforms looking nice.

:feelin_it:

That banana yellow is awful. They change uni designs way too often.