• thrope said:
    nate silver :killin_it:

Fixed and

• dayday 9,612 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Legitimate rape.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Congrats, y'all got what you wanted. Now watch the same ole, same ole continue. Hooray!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Congrats, y'all got what you wanted. Now watch the same ole, same ole continue. Hooray!

I don't think you're the only one who's pessimistic. When Obama won his first term, the mood was euphoric jubilation. After four years, this result is relief.

I have to say that I'm glad to have been spared the complete disaster of a Romney presidency. But all these fools being all IN YO' FACE about Obamatron winning really lets me know how half-assed and yes, brainwashed my neighbors really are.

Just make sure to wave kindly to the drones passing over your house and maybe they won't spy on you/blast you into oblivion.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    In October of '07 I called the 2008 race here for Obama.....today, 5 months before the election I'm calling 2012 for Romney....don't see it ending any other way.

Not supporting it....just predicting it.

Such a bad look.

• HarveyCanal said:
    I have to say that I'm glad to have been spared the complete disaster of a Romney presidency. But all these fools being all IN YO' FACE about Obamatron winning really lets me know how half-assed and yes, brainwashed my neighbors really are.

Just make sure to wave kindly to the drones passing over your house and maybe they won't spy on you/blast you into oblivion.

harv, please scroll back, read and reflect on hookups post about the differences between the two.
    potus is going to act within a rather narrow spectrum. its up to other checks and balances and citizens to reign in their more egregious actions. sadly, as a leftist, i gotta say obama is about the best we can hope for right now. im thankful

• It's alright, I just want you all to be happy.

I think most people are from seeing the reactions.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    It's all about Colorado and Washington. Ras Trent like what. The dominoes will start to fall. This is how the end of alcohol prohibition started.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Saracenus said:
    thrope said:
    nate silver :killin_it:

Fixed and

Silver within .3% of the actual national vote count. Sick.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Gay Marriage!
    Won in 4 states.
    States that have outlawed it, and congress, are looking like the bigots they are.

Obama's speech was great.

I had this fantasy during his speech that at the State of The Union 2013 he will say something like, 'these are not democrat issues, or republican issues, to get this done I am resigning as head of the Democratic party, I am now an independent, no longer a member of a political party, I am now simply The American President.'

Wont happen. All it would accomplish is that the Ds would hate him just as much as the Rs.

Anyway, Not close, Nate Silver spot on.

• Nate Silver =
    The only thing that gave me any confidence on Election Day

b/w

The end of Pundits?

P.S. Laserwolf / Oregon, wha happened?
    Guess we're making that a roadtrip to Washington instead.

TheKindCromang said:

Haha.
    The law was poorly written. Plus there is a lot of push back against medical pot. Some people don't like that it is a front for recreational pot, some don't like the clubs opening in their neighborhoods.

Potlandia, a medical card holder club, just opened a block from me. I am cool with it but I have heard neighbors complain.

Ultimately this needs to be fixed in DC, not state by state.

Come to Oregon anyway. All you need to do is walk into a clinic, say I have back pain, they give you a MMC, you are good to go.

• bluesnag said:
    It's all about Colorado and Washington. Ras Trent like what. The dominoes will start to fall. This is how the end of alcohol prohibition started.
    i truly hope so.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    TheKindCromang said:

Haha.
    The law was poorly written. Plus there is a lot of push back against medical pot. Some people don't like that it is a front for recreational pot, some don't like the clubs opening in their neighborhoods.

Potlandia, a medical card holder club, just opened a block from me. I am cool with it but I have heard neighbors complain.

Ultimately this needs to be fixed in DC, not state by state.

Come to Oregon anyway. All you need to do is walk into a clinic, say I have back pain, they give you a MMC, you are good to go.

But do you need Oregon residency for such a prescription? I go to Colorado a lot to visit a friend, and I was never sure if out-of-state was cool for a prescription. In Jan '14 it won't matter there, anyways.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Nate Silver

Was he the big winner of the night? He almost took more trash talk than the candidates at times.

• tripledouble said:
    bluesnag said:
    i truly hope so.

A lot of this is up to Obama now - is he going to reverse course and get behind legalization?

If the Feds want, they can swoop down and nullify all of this tomorrow,

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    tripledouble said:
    bluesnag said:
    i truly hope so.

A lot of this is up to Obama now - is he going to reverse course and get behind legalization?

Exactly. I think it would have been safe to say that a Romney administration would have deaded it on the first day.

I'm hopeful for a wait and see approach. Give the laws time to be implemented. Then, if they are succesful and the citizens don't all turn in to weed zombies, push for removing pot off the Schedule 1 list.

Yes, when faced with Obama going back on his 2008 campaign promises to not interfere with state's decriminalizing marijuana, point to the ultimate strawman of what might have happened if Romney won the 2012 election.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    tripledouble said:
    bluesnag said:
    i truly hope so.

Exactly....it's only a matter of time before someone in Colorado gets arrested by the Feds with a joint or somesuch ridiculously small amount.....at that point it will get real interesting.

My prediction was wrong but there were no tears shed here.....it's time for ALL of these clowns to get to work and fix the economy and get our nose out of every other country's business.....I'm hopeful but somewhat pessimistic.

In Oregon (best I know) the Feds are hands off on tiny amounts for individual use.

They have gone after high profile growers or clubs. Mostly ones who are pushing (or breaking) the limits of the law.
    Like the guy I mentioned earlier, he grew legally for card holders (for no or little money), but shipped excess out of state for $.

When I lived in Eugene, the Feds busted into the head shops one morning and broke all of their glass bongs, I mean water pipes.

Way to go, John Ashcroft!

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Yes, when faced with Obama going back on his 2008 campaign promises to not interfere with state's decriminalizing marijuana, point to the ultimate strawman of what might have happened if Romney won the 2012 election.

Educated guesses are "the ultimate strawman"? Ok.

Don't you have a newsletter to read? Your whining is becoming insufferable.

• Horseleech said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    LaserWolf said:
    fauxteur said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Waste of a vote.

It's only wasted if I don't use it.

The waste of the vote argument suggest that only voting for the person who wins is a good use of the vote.
    If you voted against Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan... you wasted your vote.

That's not my argument. It's a waste because the election is too important to use a precious vote on a third party candidate. It's a vote for Romney. Why not just vote for him?

This is a very short-sighted perspective.

Both parties are essentially criminal organizations that prey on the American people and ultimately serve the same dark masters. The false Dem/Rep dichotomy is some bogus good cop/bad cop shit that belongs on an episode of Cagney and Lacey. If a third party/independent presence does not establish itself in government, this country is basically doomed.

Obviously no such candidate has a chance now, but you've got to open the door and set a precedent.

The parasite has grown too hungry, and demands too much.

I've never agreed with the " The false Dem/Rep dichotomy is some bogus good cop/bad cop shit that belongs on an episode of Cagney and Lacey." point of view because I know there are real differences between the Republican/Conservative agenda and the Democratic/Liberal understanding of The United States. It seems like cynical, lazy thinking and denial to me; a glib and pat way to dismiss substantive arguments and to shirk responsibility for the consequences of voting. I think Daniel Ellsberg put it very well here:

???It???s true that the differences between the major parties are not nearly as large as they and their candidates claim, let alone what we would want. It???s even fair to use Gore Vidal???s metaphor that they form two wings (???two right wings??? as some have put it) of a single party, the Property or Plutocracy Party, or as Justin Raimondo says, the War Party.
    Still, the political reality is that there are two distinguishable wings, and one is reliably even worse than the other, currently much worse overall. To be in denial or to act in neglect of that reality serves only the possibly imminent, yet presently avoidable, victory of the worse.
    The traditional third-party mantra, ???There???s no significant difference between the major parties??? amounts to saying: ???The Republicans are no worse, overall.??? And that???s absurd. It constitutes shameless apologetics for the Republicans, however unintended. It???s crazily divorced from present reality.
    And it???s not at all harmless to be propagating that absurd falsehood. It has the effect of encouraging progressives even in battleground states to refrain from voting or to vote in a close election for someone other than Obama, and more importantly, to influence others to act likewise. That???s an effect that serves no one but the Republicans, and ultimately the 1%.???
    source: https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/10/18#.UIFx0MmZPWA.facebook

• how is this clusterfuck of a thread still going?

crabmongerfunk said:
    how is this clusterfuck of a thread still going?

Better to keep this one going than start a new one.

New Topic:
    Secretary Of State
    Hillary Clinton will resign sometime in the next 3 months, or so.
    Who do you think will be next? Bill Clinton?

Secretary of Defense? Biden?

With some luck Arne Duncan will resign, Department of Education?

Obama's "grand bargain" is $2.50 in budget cuts for every $1.00 of tax increases. What gets cut?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts