President Romney (NRR Catnip)

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    GatorToof said:

Ha! My loyal sparing partner. I know the next time I want exaggerated litigation fees I can call on you.

And if I have a reason to know more, then I will acquire that knowledge for a fair and reasonable price.

Cheers!

I'm a public defender. My fees are "exagerrated" only if you think "free" is too much.

• Bon Vivant said:
    GatorToof said:

Ha! My loyal sparing partner. I know the next time I want exaggerated litigation fees I can call on you.

And if I have a reason to know more, then I will acquire that knowledge for a fair and reasonable price.

Cheers!

I'm a public defender. My fees are "exagerrated" only if you think "free" is too much.

Either way, as long as you are happy.

Congrats to you, sir.

• It was that Johnson dude from New Mexico that took away some of the votes for Romney.

• i dont want to add to the sad troll gloating bs but this site is fascinating from a social data perspective, particularly the live tracker:
    http://disappearingromney.com/

• Yup,
    Say goodbye to milk.

Sorry Young Zee.
    :whymustIcry:

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    10,000 signatures isn't even a pinprick... That's less than 0.01% of Texans who voted and less than 0.0008% of the registered number of voters in Texas.

• Flomotion said:
    10,000 signatures isn't even a pinprick... That's less than 0.01% of Texans who voted and less than 0.0008% of the registered number of voters in Texas.

"UPDATE: In just a few short hours, the petition asking the Obama administration to "peacefully grant" Texas secession has gained over 10,000 signatures, surpassing the 25,000 necessary to elicit a response from the government."

It's actually up over [del]39,000[/del] 40,000 now.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-texas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

Is that a pinprick yet? It's 0.3% of the # of registered voters.

It is treason on the high end, but really just a few nut jobs on the low end...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    This kind of nutty shyt happens all the time. Northern California and Eastern Washington have long been fed up with paying for sports stadiums and massive infrastructure etc they never get to enjoy but no one every took any talk of a split seriously.

I understand the passion of being pissed off at the government or the half of your state that uses all the state taxes but it will pretty much take a world war or an apocalypse for the US to split up in any way.

All the white supremacists thought they could pull that off if they all moved to Idaho, now they just work on potato farms.

Vote with your dollar and vote in elections and the world will be a different place.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Not for the sole reason of Obama being elected and thus I'm not going to sign their petition, but I'd love to see Texas secede. Been saying that for 20 years. Fact is, the US government is a criminal syndicate and if Americans insist on continuing to support it, fuck being a part of any of that. We can do bad on our own.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:

36% of Americans believe in Space Aliens
    26% of Americans believe man has never landed on the Moon
    74% of Americans believe citizens should have proper ID to vote
    14% of Americans believe the world will end in 2012
    18% of Americans believe the sun revolves around the earth
    23% of Americans believe they have seen a ghost
    11% of Americans believe Elvis is still alive
    36% of Americans believe the U.S. Government were complicit in 9/11
    10% of Americans believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone
    64% of Americans believe too many people are dependent on the government
    55% of the citizens of Massachusetts are Catholic

0.7% Pffffft

HarveyCanal said:
    Not for the sole reason of Obama being elected and thus I'm not going to sign their petition, but I'd love to see Texas secede. Been saying that for 20 years. Fact is, the US government is a criminal syndicate and if Americans insist on continuing to support it, fuck being a part of any of that. We can do bad on our own.

Thirty states, not just Texas, have started secession petitions.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    so voter fraud was such a small thing that lmj was like YO DONT EVEN TALK ABOUT THAT STUFF but some random fuckers wanting secede (for the nth year in a row) amounting to less than a percent of voters is a big deal?
    do tell.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    day said:

That Jezebel article is nuts. Who are these kids? That schitt is taught to them. Jezebel to display their names is game over for many.
    If you want to fuck with social media, social media can fuck you back. Lesson learned. There has to be a major revelation on social media law and policy in the future. People are stupid when they write schitt, and don't think it has any affect on society or them.

That salon article is scary to think the end of the world is near because we re-elected the same president over again.

I have people telling me to expect a civil war in the next years because we still have Obama in office. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Really?

• I think they are talking about that because historically war follows debt.

If Texas does succeed will oil prices go up?...probably.

Dang, I don't make over $250k but I am feeling the #struggle at the grocery. How about some Econ 001?

GatorToof said:
    If Texas does succeed will ?

Texas has been succeeding for many years now.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    GatorToof said:

Yeah, but what does Texas have that I (Kentucky) don't have? A freakin pro team? Whats so special about the big T?

• Burns said:
    Rockadelic said:
    GatorToof said:

Yeah, but what does Texas have that I (Kentucky) don't have? A freakin pro team? Whats so special about the big T?

Ky has horses, whiskey, corvette's, basketball, and some the nicests most beautiful people I've ever seen.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    heart

HarveyCanal said:

So sad.

Burns said:
    Rockadelic said:
    GatorToof said:

Texas has been the top state for job creation over the last 4 years.

According to US News & World Report we are the #1 State for business in 2012

Texas has 3 of the Top Ten and 2 of the Top Five cities in the U.S. for economic growth.

Texas has doubled it's population over the last 30 years...this means we have a melting pot consisting of people from all 50 states.

Texas has no state income tax.

Texas has just about every type of geography you can find in the U.S. and great weather.

Just about every stereotype you have read about Texas and Texans is absolute bullshit.

Austin

Beaches, Gulf Of Mexico

80 MPH Speed Limit (In some areas)

Texas has the 4th most Colleges and Universities.

Texas is the third cheapest state for cost of living.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Alright, I concur, Texas is just fukin' big.
    Are whoops our kids are dumb here, but we have the cheapest energy around with our black gold in Kentucky.

At least you guys will be the frontline against the future terrorist plots from Mexico.

Great list, Rock.

Many worse places on urff than Texas. While Texas is not without it's flaws, nowhere is perfect.

Can't let a few successionists tar a whole state.

• i'm just going to put this here

• If you dudes secede, we're taking our fence back.

Horseleech said:
    If you dudes secede, we're taking our fence back.

Now I'm confused...are we talking about Seceding or Succeeding?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    If I was Texan I'd vote for re-joining Mexico. Tear down the wall and re-unify.