What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Teague's jam that was waved off was filthy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:

I think Pierce gets in.

Ray Allen, too.

Yeah - Ray surpassed Reggie and has a ring.

Yeah....I'd put Allen and Pierce in.

The NBA HOF is very generous......

Joe Dumars is in which would tell you Parker should be in.....personally I'd put neither in.

And if Parker goes then you have to look at Chauncey Billups.

I would think the "best" player from any championship team would be highly qualified.

Parker is arguably the third best player on his CHIP teams

I wonder if there's a 3-time champion PG who didn't make the Hall.

He's only 30. I'd be very, very surprised if he didn't make it.

Will Kenny Smith with 2 rings get in?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I don't think Kenny Smith has a chance. He had a very good college career, and an okay time in the NBA. By the time Houston was clicking he'd been reduced to a three point spot up player to space the floor so that Olajuwon could operate.

motown67 said:
    I don't think Kenny Smith has a chance. He had a very good college career, and an okay time in the NBA. By the time Houston was clicking he'd been reduced to a three point spot up player to space the floor so that Olajuwon could operate.
    I think Batmon was being facetious. Kenny Smith has as good a chance of making the rock and roll hall of fame.

I didnt follow much of the off season so latte pass, but damn the Clippers are stacked. Great combination of superstars, roll players and veterans. If/when they are all healthy and there are no chemistry or minutes issues, they look as good as anyone in the NBA.

yuichi said:

The LA Clippers are the future.

Lakers are the NOW. As much as I wanna root for the Clippers, they're nothing without Chauncey or a healthy Odom. I feel like them dudes are the key to the Clippers' success. Without versatile and "smart" players, they're nothing but a bunch of athletic dudes looking awkward in their offense under Vinny del Negro.

:poor:

• does Robert 'big shot bob' Horry go to the HOF?

he got a grip of rings and his late game heroics are the thing of legend......

.....he just wasnt really good at all the other 46 minutes of the game.

vintageinfants said:
    does Robert 'big shot bob' Horry go to the HOF?

he got a grip of rings and his late game heroics are the thing of legend......

.....he just wasnt really good at all the other 46 minutes of the game.

I remember him in Houston as a rookie. Top 10 pick that was just a role player.
    I dunno about the Hall for him. That would mean Steve Kerr would be eligible for rings and clutch shots.
    Plus dude never played entire seasons.

And speaking of the injury prone cats.
    Are u Andrew Bogut dudes actually betting on him returning or becoming an All-Star?
    He's 27, in his prime, been in the L for 8 seasons now.
    Im glad he's gettin a fresh start in GS but I think its a wrap.
    He'll be a role player at this point until age 35 if he plays that long.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:

And speaking of the injury prone cats.
    Are u Andrew Bogut dudes actually betting on him returning or becoming an All-Star?
    He's 27, in his prime, been in the L for 8 seasons now.
    Im glad he's gettin a fresh start in GS but I think its a wrap.
    He'll be a role player at this point until age 35 if he plays that long.

I'm watching to see who plays more games this season, Bogut or Chris Kaman...my guess is neither play 50.

One of the best parts of the Warriors win over the Clippers last night

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Lakers are the NOW. As much as I wanna root for the Clippers, they're nothing without Chauncey or a healthy Odom. I feel like them dudes are the key to the Clippers' success. Without versatile and "smart" players, they're nothing but a bunch of athletic dudes looking awkward in their offense under Vinny del Negro.

Lakers in due time should have a reliable system in place in a couple months. Not even trippin'. If they still suck next year, Mike Brown will probably be fired.

Nothing about the Clippers wins have impressed me thus far.

Mike Brown should've been fired last year

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Lakers in due time should have a reliable system in place in a couple months. Not even trippin'. If they still suck next year, Mike Brown will probably be fired.

"NOW".......????

Kevin Martin had 28 last night.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

"NOW".......????

This year.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Saturday night the Mavs had 7 point halfway through the first quarter and wound up with 126...that's more than they have scored in a game in almost 3 years....I'm afraid it's more of a reflection on how bad Charlotte is rather than how good the mavs can be.

But....we did get a good quote from our fill in announcer as he said "OJ put on a Mayo Clinic".

Rockadelic said:
    Saturday night the Mavs had 7 point halfway through the first quarter and wound up with 126...that's more than they have scored in a game in almost 3 years....I'm afraid it's more of a reflection on how bad Charlotte is rather than how good the mavs can be.

But....we did get a good quote from our fill in announcer as he said "OJ put on a Mayo Clinic".

Although there might have been more to be said about the Lakers' inadequacies on that opening night game, I felt Rick Carlisle is an under-appreciated coach, who is capable of taking good players and making them play well together.

Also good to see OJ Mayo breaking out. Jordan's former trainer was quoted as saying "He has that same IT factor as a Jordan or Kobe".

Getting Dirk back, they might become a killer team....

Further proving my point that the Clippers will not get anywhere without Chauncey or a healthy Odom, they lose to the Cavs at home by 7.

Mayo with 32...Early season enthusiasm, but dude is looking ready for a career year.. damn.

NOT: Clippers reserve forward Lamar Odom may have finally put himself in Del Negro's doghouse. Odom, who showed up to training camp out of shape after the Clippers acquired him in the offseason, played just over three minutes in the first quarter. He twice turned the ball over in that span, missed a layup and committed two personal fouls. He quickly went back to the bench where he remained the rest of the game.

• batmon said:
    NOT: Clippers reserve forward Lamar Odom may have finally put himself in Del Negro's doghouse. Odom, who showed up to training camp out of shape after the Clippers acquired him in the offseason, played just over three minutes in the first quarter. He twice turned the ball over in that span, missed a layup and committed two personal fouls. He quickly went back to the bench where he remained the rest of the game.

File him under "Could've been special"

• blakatom said:
    batmon said:

File him under "Could've been special"

File him under "Lost it when he left the Lakers" He was pretty terrible on the Mavs (which my computer tries to autocorrect to Macs, which reeks of a conspiracy) he was terrible last year. Dude just lost it and married a Kardashian. I'd be really surprised if he comes back and plays like he's a Laker again.

Also no one's complaining that LeBron isn't clutch yet, now that he can have Ray Allen take the last shot of the game and score a 4 point play.

healthy Odom

Emphasis on "healthy". Him and Chauncey are really the only hopes of establishing any sort of fluid offense for that team. I don't see one bit of improvement in this dept. compared to last year. Lost a great piece in Randy Fowe in that regard. No bullshit, stop and go, directing traffic like CP3.

I've always hated how Chris Paul controls the tempo of a team.

Blake Griffin may be entering overhyped category of players....it almost seems like dude's reached his potential. I mean his shooting touch isn't gonna get any better, and what the hell is that spinning back to the basket, holding the rock in the post for 8 seconds BS? Dude is a below avg passer too..

Lastly, one dude will not make a team great. Enter Jamal Crawford. AI 2k12.

yuichi said:
    healthy Odom

Emphasis on "healthy". Him and Chauncey are really the only hopes of establishing any sort of fluid offense for that team. I don't see one bit of improvement in this dept. compared to last year. Lost a great piece in Randy Fowe in that regard. No bullshit, stop and go, directing traffic like CP3.

Blake Griffin may be entering overhyped category of players....it almost seems like dude's reached his potential. I mean his shooting touch isn't gonna get any better, and what the hell is that spinning back to the basket, holding the rock in the post for 8 seconds BS? Dude is a below avg passer too..

So Chauncey Billups at this point in career and a mentally healthy Odom is more integral than Chris Paul?

Can u give me the number to your dealer?

Dude just admit your a hatter and the Clippers have stole some shine from the Lakers. Its ok. Its natural response.
    For decades they never mattered compared to the Lakers dynasty. But now that they are a real threat your perceived invincibility is now challenged right at your front door of the Stapes Center.

Your breath smells like haterade. I understand.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    healthy Odom

So Chauncey Billups at this point in career and a mentally healthy Odom is more integral than Chris Paul?

Dude just admit your a hatter and the Clippers have stole some shine from the Lakers. Its ok. Its natural response.
    For decades they never mattered compared to the Lakers dynasty. But now that they are a real threat your perceived invincibility is now challenged right at your front door of the Stapes Center.

Just saying dudes are championing the Clips like they actually won something. Scary what media influence can do to your ordinary NBA fan. Just pointing out that they are overrated and have a bunch of awkward pieces.

At the end of the day, it call comes down to chemistry.....and I don't see any signs of a consistent, fluid offense or reliable defensive system. I mean with the amount of ballhandling skill and athleticism between Griffin and CP3, how often do you see them hook up for a basic pick and roll? Blame the coaches though......

Here's some Clipper plays:

1) Let Blake handle the ball, back down into the post, sloppy pass out of the double

2) Let CP3 handle the ball, for 13 seconds and then let him lob it to D'Andre Jordan.

3) Clear out. Jamal Crawford.

4) Pass to wide-open Willie Green in corner. Brick. Long rebound, Easy transition bucket by opposition.

5) "Take it inside". Let a cold-handed D'Andre Jordan get a jump hook occasionally.

6) Clips down by 7 in the fourth. Go to CP3 and hope he'll bail you out (again).

7) Clips down by 3. Enter Jamal Crawford.

8) Let Blake take the entire length of the floor by himself, get fouled hard around his neck, and earn his "free" throws.

9) Let Eric Bledsoe handle the rock for 6 seconds, which ends with him shoving the ball to a demanding CP3 or take a leaning 8 footer in the paint.

Fundamentals, not lobs.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    healthy Odom

Just saying dudes are championing the Clips like they actually won something. Scary what media influence can do to your ordinary NBA fan. Just pointing out that they are overrated and have a bunch of awkward pieces.

At the end of the day, it call comes down to chemistry.....and I don't see any signs of a consistent, fluid offense or reliable defensive system. I mean with the amount of ballhandling skill and athleticism between Griffin and CP3, how often do you see them hook up for a basic pick and roll? Blame the coaches though......

Im no ordinary casual medai influenced NBA fan. And none of the shows ive watched has the Clippers going to the Finals.
    Your confusing hype with overrating.

and I don't see any signs of a consistent, fluid offense or reliable defensive system.

Wake me up when you see this.