Who's Pumped for Veep Debate?

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    "Kiss the automotive industry goodbye! Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life"

OK, Mitt. Whatever you say.

Anyone want to know what Mitt's tax plan is? Check his website, he says. Guy can't/won't even attempt an answer.

• Thymebomb13 said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Did you see his thumbs?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    C C C COMBO BREAKER

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

After the debate the candidates and their wives walked the stage apron shaking hands.
    I got the impression that people were climbing over each other to shake hands with the president and first lady, while Mitt had to fight to get people to shake with him. No one wanted to shake hands with Ann so she made sure he didn't fall while he reached to the 2nd and 3rd row to find someone to shake hands with.

Thymebomb13 said:
    LaserWolf said:
    With all that, my biggest take away was Obama's hands. Did you see his thumbs?

I'm afraid to ask.

Megan Fox thumbs?

• We are four years closer to a nuclear Tuvalu.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    day said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Plenty of things to dislike about Romney that his religion shouldn't be an issue.

I'm really surprised there's been no mention of this yet.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/10/20/romney-family-investment-ties-to-voting-machine-company-that-could-decide-the-election-causes-concern/

I just caught wind of this about an hour or two before you posted.

Hopefully, Ohio will not be needed to decide the election.

Not sure if you're kidding, but no Republican has ever been elected President without winning Ohio. I hope this story gets more MSM traction. How is this even legal and not a conflict of interest?

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/23/romney_linked_voting_machine_company_to_count_votes_in_ohio

Direct quote from Rom-bot:

"We need your help. We need to win Ohio," Romney said in his closing remarks. "You've got to get your friends to help us win Ohio. If we win Ohio, we take back America, we keep this country the hope of the Earth."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-win-ohio-235352141--election.html

If the story read "Obama family linked to voting machines in key battleground states" people would be shitting.

• day said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    day said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Plenty of things to dislike about Romney that his religion shouldn't be an issue.

I'm really surprised there's been no mention of this yet.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/10/20/romney-family-investment-ties-to-voting-machine-company-that-could-decide-the-election-causes-concern/

I just caught wind of this about an hour or two before you posted.

Hopefully, Ohio will not be needed to decide the election.

Not sure if you're kidding, but no Republican has ever been elected President without winning Ohio. I hope this story gets more MSN traction. How is this even legal and not a conflict of interest?

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/23/romney_linked_voting_machine_company_to_count_votes_in_ohio

"We need your help. We need to win Ohio," Romney said in his closing remarks. "You've got to get your friends to help us win Ohio. If we win Ohio, we take back America, we keep this country the hope of the Earth."

If the story read "Obama family linked to voting machines in key battleground states" people would be shitting.

That is right. So, if you read this an you live in Ohio, I suggest you go to all your neighbors and invite them over for dinner. If they agree to vote for Romney offer to drive them to the polls. Spread the word that you will volunteer to drive Romney supporters to the polls.

• Still voting for Romney?

(Rock, SmallAXE, Tators, etc)

day said:

Not sure if you're kidding, but no Republican has ever been elected President without winning Ohio. I hope this story gets more MSN traction. How is this even legal and not a conflict of interest?

No really, I just heard about it a couple hours before you posted.

I'm not sure how it's legal, man. I would guess that no one in Ohio thought it was a possibility. A presidential candidate's son buying vote counting machines? In hind sight it makes total sense to have a law on the books. It's certainly weird, and creates an appearance of impropriety. We got what? 2 weeks til the election? Might be too late to do anything about. it.

• 4YearGraduate said:
    Still voting for Romney?

Oh yeah. I've been networking already at the bars durin the debates.

4YearGraduate said:
    Still voting for Romney?

That is an old video.
    He has changed his positions since then.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    GatorToof said:

That is right. So, if you read this an you live in Ohio, I suggest you go to all your neighbors and invite them over for dinner. If they agree to vote for Romney offer to drive them to the polls. Spread the word that you will volunteer to drive Romney supporters to the polls.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    Spread the word

???_???

• Can we get BearClaw to weigh in to complete the astute political analysis trifecta?

Gatortoof is Bearclaw.

• Jut found out this:

Turns out that the man shouldn't have died. Obama was negligent as an administrator and did not send in help when it was needed.

Also, Romney's speech in Finley, OH was real great.

• ruh roh

• Obama winning the electoral vote and losing the popular vote would be a nice payback for 2000.

• It looks like Romney is going to win.

Have you heard his speeches recently?..Great.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    It looks like Romney is going to win.

I really liked this one:

but this one is even better

• Just terrible Duder!

I though that you Euro-men used the computer to arrange meet ups. I don't check YouTube very frequently and I can't watch videos because they always stall.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Another biased "political strategist" weighs in.

b/w

6 more days

President Barack Obama could lose his home state of Illinois in November, a new poll shows.

A poll conducted by Illinois-based pollster and political strategist Michael McKeon found Obama leading Republican Mitt Romney by 49 percent to 37 percent in Cook County, the home of Chicago. That puts him ahead by a far thinner margin than expected in a county he should be winning handsomely.
    Cook is the most Democratic leaning county in the state. It is also the most populous.
    Those numbers do not bode well for the president.
    ???He has to come out of Cook County with a big lead or he???s gonna have problems downstate,??? explained McKeon, who said that based on the numbers he had seen, Obama polled only in the forties in downstate Illinois.
    ???It???s not like his policies are very popular downstate,??? McKeon said. ???He???s viewed as more part of Chicago than he is part of Illinois.???
    According to the poll, which surveyed 629 registered voters last week, Obama???s problems are not in Chicago proper, but in suburban Cook County.
    In the city of Chicago itself, he retains a 60-29 lead over Romney. But the Republican challenger leads 45-38 in the surrounding areas. Across the county as a whole, Romney leads 43-31 among independent voters, a crucial voting bloc. Romney also holds a 44-38 lead among male voters, and a 53-40 lead among white voters.
    Illinois is not considered a swing state by any means; it is seen as solidly blue, and has been for the past two election cycles. But McKeon pointed to the 2010 gubernatorial race when Republican Bill Brady came within a single percentage point of now-Gov. Pat Quinn because Brady won most of the downstate counties. That is a feat Romney could repeat this year, leaving Obama vulnerable if he cannot expand his lead in Cook County.

http://jewsforsarah.com/?s=mckeon

I think we can all agree, if Obama loses IL he loses the election.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    It looks like Romney is going to win.

Are you that slippery slope dude on those CNN ads?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Another biased "political strategist" weighs in.

b/w

6 more days

President Barack Obama could lose his home state of Illinois in November, a new poll shows.

A poll conducted by Illinois-based pollster and political strategist Michael McKeon found Obama leading Republican Mitt Romney by 49 percent to 37 percent in Cook County, the home of Chicago. That puts him ahead by a far thinner margin than expected in a county he should be winning handsomely.
    Cook is the most Democratic leaning county in the state. It is also the most populous.
    Those numbers do not bode well for the president.
    ???He has to come out of Cook County with a big lead or he???s gonna have problems downstate,??? explained McKeon, who said that based on the numbers he had seen, Obama polled only in the forties in downstate Illinois.
    ???It???s not like his policies are very popular downstate,??? McKeon said. ???He???s viewed as more part of Chicago than he is part of Illinois.???
    According to the poll, which surveyed 629 registered voters last week, Obama???s problems are not in Chicago proper, but in suburban Cook County.
    In the city of Chicago itself, he retains a 60-29 lead over Romney. But the Republican challenger leads 45-38 in the surrounding areas. Across the county as a whole, Romney leads 43-31 among independent voters, a crucial voting bloc. Romney also holds a 44-38 lead among male voters, and a 53-40 lead among white voters.
    Illinois is not considered a swing state by any means; it is seen as solidly blue, and has been for the past two election cycles. But McKeon pointed to the 2010 gubernatorial race when Republican Bill Brady came within a single percentage point of now-Gov. Pat Quinn because Brady won most of the downstate counties. That is a feat Romney could repeat this year, leaving Obama vulnerable if he cannot expand his lead in Cook County.

I can't find anything on this "poll" since some August articles stating that exact 49 to 37 percent figure. And is this McKeon the same guy that worked with Mayor Rudy?

If you are not tracking polling at 538.com you are not getting good polling info.

• so we are parsing polling data now? we'll all know how it plays out in a matter of days...then MLJ can leave us again until the next damn election or GOP outrage...until then can we all agree to fucking ignore all the strategists, talking heads, pundits, pollsters, trolls etc...

crabmongerfunk said:
    so we are parsing polling data now? we'll all know how it plays out in a matter of days...then MLJ can leave us again until the next damn election or GOP outrage...until then can we all agree to fucking ignore all the strategists, talking heads, pundits, pollsters, trolls etc...

We do seem to be parsing polling data now, and I agree it is tedious and MLJ is annoying.

But I will continue to follow the election because I think it is important.