What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• OptimusLime said:

Is this the year the Raptors become contenders? .

now you're just being cruel for no reason.

my wonderful city of Toronto has no basketball team. I think they went somewhere like Nebraska in 2007.

• Denver as a dark horse out West? They look very tough and very fast. I'll probably watch a game or two.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ronnie Brewer is a nice addition to the Knicks backcourt rotation. He plays better Defense than J.R. Smith who can light it up when he's feeling it.
    I dont know what Kidd, Rasheed Wallace, and Kurt Thomas will do.
    Amar'e trained with The Dream this summer. Lets see if he'll bring a much needed consistent back to the basket game to their Offense.

• batmon said:

the sixers will lose alot with Iggys defense not there on the perimeter. you cant ask bynum to play d and score 20 a nite. he too slow.
    theyvwill need timevtongel as well with the new look. Turner should break out this year.

bynums not being asked to pick up Ig's defensive assignments. he provides the interior D that we havent had in a looong time. hard to compare the importance of perimeter D vs. interior, but if he's on the court, at least we wont have the layup drills that we witnessed in the last ten years

i think Jrue is more posied for a big year (also a contract year) than Turner, but we'll see. I like Evan a lot, but he has a weird game. he does play some tough D, which could compensate for losing Igs. plus collins is defensive minded

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    OptimusLime said:

I'm expecting big thangs (tm) from the Clippers, but I agree they'll suck until they get Chauncey back. Agreed

Lakers Schmakers. I hope they win a title, because I want to see Nash with a ring. Howard for all his flaws is really tall and thus dunks and blocks, maybe even a rebound or 2. I still think they all deserve a tragic accident (Ron-ron accidentaly breaking Kobe's, his own and Steve Blake's knees in one foul swoop), but at the end of the day I'm a massive Nash fan. Have been for years. Still think that the Suns combo of Nash/Dragic was one of the great PG combo's any team could have.Agreed about the Suns PG. They killed the Laker's backcourt on most nights.

Also Lin isn't a very good player and I look forward to the hype dying, turning around and the Rockets once again not wanting him on the team.disagree. He's not a Westbrook or Rose, but a great team player. If he can make things happen without turning it over as much, he's the real deal. He just gets everyone involved, and you can't say that about many players.

I'm interested to see what the Celtics will do this year. They're old... bla bla. They can still win.

Bulls are out, when Rose is out. He might be back for a bit, but it's only a matter of time till he blows out his knees or back. Already seems like he's the Chi-town version of KG in Minnesota or Lebron in Cleveland.

OKC..... same team as last year, with a few pieces added. They could be a contender if kill the TO's and maybe add some more scoring power outside of Harden/Durant/Westbrook.Them or the Lakers as the West champs

Golden State will be awesome. And then Curry's ankles will fuck up AGAIN, and they'll suck.

Is this the year the Raptors become contenders? How about the Bobcats? HAHA.Bobcats got some quality guards in Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Those are nice guards, but I guess that's all...

Timberwolves? Could be interesting to watch.

tripledouble said:
    batmon said:

the sixers will lose alot with Iggys defense not there on the perimeter. you cant ask bynum to play d and score 20 a nite. he too slow.
    theyvwill need timevtongel as well with the new look. Turner should break out this year.

bynums not being asked to pick up Ig's defensive assignments. he provides the interior D that we havent had in a looong time. hard to compare the importance of perimeter D vs. interior, but if he's on the court, at least we wont have the layup drills that we witnessed in the last ten years

i think Jrue is more posied for a big year (also a contract year) than Turner, but we'll see. I like Evan a lot, but he has a weird game. he does play some tough D, which could compensate for losing Igs. plus collins is defensive minded

Im a big fan of Dorrell Wright. Nice swingman. Jason Richardson on the other hand is on his last legs. Dude was a wash in Orlando.
    He cant play SF in the East and is too slow to guard SGs at his age.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Harden --> Rockets. Whoa.

mannybolone said:

I wonder if they overpaid Ibaka?

Gettiing Kevin Martin is a very good thing. Too bad Westbrook wont pass it to him.

• batmon said:
    mannybolone said:

Gettiing Kevin Martin is a very good thing. Too bad Westbrook wont pass it to him.

Not sure how good that is. He can score on really bad teams and not much else. Camraderie of Thunder may take a serious hit.

blakatom said:
    batmon said:
    mannybolone said:

Not sure how good that is. He can score on really bad teams and not much else. Camraderie of Thunder may take a serious hit.

u havent seen him on a winning team yet. you think his production/scoring ability will slip with two all stars on the wing?

• batmon said:
    blakatom said:
    batmon said:
    mannybolone said:

u havent seen him on a winning team yet. you think his production/scoring ability will slip with two all stars on the wing?

i think so. in the past he had as many shots as he wanted and did very little in producing wins. Now his shots will be curtailed and he will expected to win with limited shots. how he reacts will be shown as the season progresses. It should be noted that I am a recovering SOnics fan and wish nothing but ill will on the thunder.

blakatom said:
    batmon said:
    blakatom said:
    batmon said:
    mannybolone said:

i think so. in the past he had as many shots as he wanted and did very little in producing wins. Now his shots will be curtailed and he will expected to win with limited shots. how he reacts will be shown as the season progresses. It should be noted that I am a recovering SOnics fan and wish nothing but ill will on the thunder.

I think he'll benefit not being the main scorer. With that already established team w 2 good players u think he'll be a failure?

The Sonics shit is on you. Thats not basketball.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Early press reports say Martin is going to be the 6th man so I think he'll do fine because he'll have the green light to shoot and that's really all he does.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    There is a chance Eddie Curry could be the Mav's opening night starting Center

Need I say more?

Rockadelic said:

Need I say more?

Cuban broke up the one shot championship team to try and get some new blood.
    He lost the bet and now has to wait longer than he thought.
    Theyll be opportunities down the road but Dirk might not see the second round for a long minute.

My boy Darren Collison has to prove he can keep the starting gig. George Hill knocked him out in Indiana.

Gettiing Kevin Martin is a very good thing.

lol

The beginning of the end for OKC.

Harden was a beast.

Rockadelic said:

Need I say more?

hahahaha.

I believe somebody on here said he's gonna be a legitimate center, keep your hopes up! They haven't given up on Darko yet!

Jamal Crawford = fool's gold

Clippers are not even close to legitimate contender status.

yuichi said:
    Harden was a beast.

Dude was non-existant vs Miami in the Finals.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Harden was a beast.

When Martin was healthy I'd take him over Harden.

Dude hasn't been healthy in a while though.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Here's my NBA 2012-2013 season: Wizards stink.

That is all.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Harden was a beast.

When Martin was healthy I'd take him over Harden.

Dude hasn't been healthy in a while though.

Harden had good court vision and could run the O w/ the second unit or make Westbrook into the shooter.

In the end there really wont be a third highly productive perimeter player on OKC. Durant & Westbrook get all the touches.
    As long as Martin can create his own shot and/or hit the open jumper when the ball ever gets to him, hell be fine.
    OKC need Interior production at this point. Ibaka and Perkins aint cuttin it offensively.
    Maybe Durant learns how to post up before 8 years goes by.

Anytime a young team makes the Finals, you pay them to keep it together....if that means $5 million more for Harden, give him $5 mil more! Dude was really the X Factor throughout the season. Kevin who?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    It wouldn't just be $5 million more. The new collective bargaining agreement places large penalties on teams that go over the cap, and resigning Harden for what he wanted would pass that threshold.

motown67 said:
    It wouldn't just be $5 million more. The new collective bargaining agreement places large penalties on teams that go over the cap, and resigning Harden for what he wanted would pass that threshold.

damn shame though.

motown67 said:

He doesnt know basketball to understand cap rules.

Mavs beat the Lakers and Dwight Howard looked like a skinny Eddy Curry.....I think he was 3/14 from the line...pitiful.

• So psyched to finally have bball back.
    Revamped Hornets look good, young and eager.
    Anthony Davis will be fun to watch grow, god if we can beat the spurs
    tonight I will be so happy I hate them so much.

Lakers = Disjointed pieces. Dudes injured and hobbling around. Tempo a mess. Still got time.

James Harden = I guess $80 million wasn't do-able, but 37 and 12 straight out the gate? Beast-mode. Statement game. Real.

Good for Lin and co. They need some help at the front court though.