TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

Corvines

What the fudge is a Corvine?

My mate (teh drunk landlord) has the same pattern baldness as Nutkins, and if he lets his hair grow out, looks identical (yet more haggard through drinking despite a 30 year age difference). I feel like a part of my childhood has been taken away from me (Really Wild Show etc), and a great way to slag my friend off when he's in need of a hair cut. I shall continue to slag him off in this way as a mark of respect to Terry.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Corvines

What the fudge is a Corvine?.

Stone the crows, that's a good gif!

• So apparently a friend of mine played a gig for Thin Lizzy's manager at the weekend.

You lot like Thin Lizzy, right? If I'd have known beforehand I'd have asked him to steal some memorabilia for you...

Mate of mine recently blagged a job at Abbey Road. Day 1, gassing to Johnny Marr in the kitchen (Manc-R). I need to put my string requests in pronto.

• Duderonomy said:
    Damn. RIP Terry Nutkins. The otter came back and finished the job.

I got a text from my sister when I was at Bestival telling me Nutkins was dead. I looked around and the news was spreading. Lots of people holding up their mock-severed forefingers. Others were having to explain to friends who he was, lots of people indicating the slaphead then long cascading side hair.

My Auntie and Uncle had the farm next to his down in Devon. I have it on good authority he used to shoot foxes. Few illusions shattered there.

Better than being ripped apart by dogs, surely. Unless, that is how you roll :insert hunt horn ringtone here:

Unless he was a poor shot.

My point, in my usual round-about way: Even big animals can achieve "Vermin" status.

• going to watch Pompey v. Swindon tonight, have to get used to these glamorous big games now

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    whats going on manchester?!?!?!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    whats going on manchester?!?!?!

Manchester, Manchester, so much to answer for.

RIP them policewomen.

B/w

Lollers at Liam Gallagher's antics in the Madrid home end last night. Respect is due.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I was gonna post that lyric yesterday but I thought I'd give you a break from the relentless Smiths fandom. Although I am still contemplating getting the Johnny Marr signature edition Jaguar.

Was great to see Ronaldo got his smile back last night, lolz.

I AM DEALING.

WTF does Ronaldo have to be sad about. Was it Iniesta getting the Ballon Dor? Which makes Ronaldo 3rd best after Messi as well? :whycry:

Was a good game, and even if Hart let 3 past, he also made some brilliant saves.
    On another day Yaya would've put that game to bed though. He's a beast once he gets rumbling.

Das Boot & Slap Head for Arsenal!

Platty for England?

magpaul said:
    IAlthough I am still contemplating getting the Johnny Marr signature edition Jaguar.

P*** you're kidding, no?

The Jaguar is a toy guitar.
    Wouldn't Gibson stump up for a signature Marr 33series?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    why does mikel start or even play for Chelsea...Romeu was on the up and up before he was out of favor...he would be a better passer and get the best out of Mata and torres...why did chelsea get rid of meireles and essien...
    then again why is ramos on the bench with modric and ozil...
    hart was great and unlucky to be undone in the end...real pulling some red devil comeback moves...

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    skel said:
    magpaul said:
    IAlthough I am still contemplating getting the Johnny Marr signature edition Jaguar.

P*** you're kidding, no?

The Jaguar is a toy guitar.
    Wouldn't Gibson stump up for a signature Marr 33series?

Even though Gibson is all over the Smiths albums, it still has that classic rock stigma for me like my favourite bands should be GnR and Queen. They didn't get much burn during my beloved 90s alternative era either. Jazzmasters and Jaguars on the other hand....

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    As if playing Young Boys at Wankdorf wasn't enough of a rich vein of comedy. For a few moments, I thought Rodgers had resigned and been replaced by Charlie Cairoli.

:feelin_it:

L*o we never got round to that late summer drink.

And Sheep ain't turning up, for sure.

When/if medical issues are resolved, I shall agitate.

• CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE F A PARKING TICKET IN WESTMINSTER IS 130 QUID!!??? WTF

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE F A PARKING TICKET IN WESTMINSTER IS 130 QUID!!??? WTF

Solving Britain's debt one parking ticket at a time.
    $210.00 :killin_it:

Skel: Get sorted and a drink is on. Not wasting tequila on a guy who can't feel it hit his stomach. Srs doe, sure you'll be good.

4YearGraduate said:
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE F A PARKING TICKET IN WESTMINSTER IS 130 QUID!!??? WTF

You were in Westminster and didn't hit up the Brit massive?
    For shame....

::wink::

@ Duder, and Junior in his ambient thread, social life has been a bit of a whirl in the last few months, new job, lots of mad developments with colleagues from last place etc etc

I'll hit you up when I'm sorted with medical shit, we will neck tequila once more dudes

B/w where's the man like Beattie gone?

• DocMcCoy said:
    4YearGraduate said:

Mostly to scare you into paying fast. Cough up within a fortnight and they halve it.

Flomotion said:

a fortnight
    I heard this is 'a Britishism' (sic) that is invading the Americsn language (also sic) along with 'chat up', 'gone mussing' and 'ginger'.

::briddish colonial imperialism::

skel said:
    @ Duder, and Junior in his ambient thread, social life has been a bit of a whirl in the last few months, new job, lots of mad developments with colleagues from last place etc etc

I'll hit you up when I'm sorted with medical shit, we will neck tequila once more dudes

B/w where's the man like Beattie gone?

Freal doe, I was just thinking this as I listened to his track (Sun Goddess). It moved me to verse (Winter Wonderland-R):

"He took St*vie's chud,
    And made it sound good,
    Dollar bins soon going for a grand."

• Merkans don't have fortnights? Shirley, that can't be right.

4YearGraduate said:

City parking 101: If a parking space looks too good to be true...

b/w

:poor: / reply to your pmz