Take Me To the Mardi Gras Soulstrut Beatoff ***BEATS NOW POSTED PG. 10!!!!!

Comments

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    Can anyone provide me a high quality lossless rip of mardi grass, please? I really want to participate but I just found out that in my cover of "two" is the wrong record for some reason. I can't be arsed to go through my whole collection to find the record.

I have it now, thanks anyway. I had to jump through some hoops to get this nice FLAC CD rip. If anyone is in need, just drop me a pm.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Sadly, I have to go from "maybe" to "definitely not" due to the death of my Pro Tools setup. If we ever do another one, though, I'm down.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Sadly, I have to go from "maybe" to "definitely not" due to the death of my Pro Tools setup. If we ever do another one, though, I'm down.

Ahh shit dude. I was wondering about that when you posted the other thread... R.I.P. the mBox.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    could we please use another abbreviation for "Soul Strut"? The one used in this thread title looks irritating and almost turns my stomach.
    For example "SoSt" or something...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Damn son, next you'll be getting upset anytime there's a mention of Joy Division, New Order or U2.

Actually come to think of it, most of us get upset at the mention of U2.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    i already told all my friends was having an online beatoff with people from this site...

:oh_my:

skel said:
    U2.

no bono

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Ahh shit dude. I was wondering about that when you posted the other thread... R.I.P. the mBox.

Yeah, I'm bummed about it--I was hoping I'd be able to get everything moved and set up again quickly soI'd still have a little time to knock a track out, but it's just not in the cards. But at least I have a shiny new studio setup to look forward to so I'll be good to go for the next one!

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    missed this thread til now but i think im in! dont ahve two on wax tho.. good reason to get diggin and get some hiphop done. wish me luck in the field over here. :D

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    :woah:

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    McDoom! Bapt!

Two thumbs up to the Mardi Gras beatoff.
    +1 in favour of the idea of anonymous presentation of the contributions.
    Wish I could participate myself, but I'm too busy with my 3 month old daughter right now.

Bapt said:
    :woah:

Baptaude!!!!?!? Comment ca va?

A lot of peeps coming out of the hidden crevices of the interwebs!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

What's up Kyle!? Been a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiile!!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I am in...and I am going to submit a friends beat too(if at all possible)

So just to clarify...

You have to sample the take me to the madi gras break(bells or not) and alsok can you use any other records, or just that bob james lp?

Lemme know

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    You can Only use TMTTM as source material as far as I understand it. NOTHING ELSE.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    worst contest name ever.
    im in

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Okem said:
    You can Only use TMTTM as source material. NOTHING ELSE.

So, so far who is in is:

Controller_7
    BeatChemist
    Spacecho
    the_dL
    FortyFivan
    bobtheorange
    djwaxon
    Dawhud
    TheKindCromang
    JATX
    Dante
    Thes
    cookbook
    Ulysses31nicholas
    dj_cityboy
    Possum Tom
    StoneHands
    Meep
    bennyboy
    Big_Stacks
    z_illa
    *Dep-TDB (please intro yourself!)
    EkiM
    JectWon
    finelikewine
    doom

Maybes:
    Okem
    Duderonomy

OOOOOOooooooohhhhh man I wanna sneak an 808 kick under this biaaaatch... lol

Maybe I'll just go for a blazing downtempo tune instead. :D

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Is there a deadline?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    actually, can someone update the first post with all the info needed (who's in vs. who's not in/deadline/requirements and anything else needed) please?

thanks..

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Bapt said:
    Is there a deadline?
    Aug 11, 2012 , 11:59 PM pacific time

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    im looking forward to this.

10 pager shit

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I'll work on it too, good luck to y'all

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Guys,

I'm done with my track and I'm listening to it as I type. To whom do we submit them?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I guess The_Non as he seems to be running things and it was his idea.

I thought I'd set up a soundcloud page so people can submit to that. That should keep it kinda anon.

http://soundcloud.com/mardigrasbeatcomp

I'll send the login to The_Non and he can send it out to all participants / or those who pm him when they're done.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Okem said:

I thought I'd set up a soundcloud page so people can submit to that. That should keep it kinda anon.

I'll send the login to The_Non and he can send it out to all participants / or those who pm him when they're done.

And I apologize to The_Non or whoever is going to handle beat submissions, if my anonymous suggestion is too much of a pain in the ass.

If it turns out that making the beats anonymous isn't worth it, feel free to scrap it. I just wanna hear some Strut gems.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    JectWon said:
    Okem said:

And I apologize to The_Non or whoever is going to handle beat submissions, if my anonymous suggestion is too much of a pain in the ass.

If it turns out that making the beats anonymous isn't worth it, feel free to scrap it. I just wanna hear some Strut gems.
    Nah, I think it's a good idea & it's not too much bother.

Previous beat threads have been a bit more relaxed, in a 'let's see what you can do with this' way. But if people feel the need to make it a competition of sorts, anon is the best way to do it.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    sounds like a good idea!

id be among those who start making the beat 1 hour before deadline, and sending it it 1 second before the deadline.. would be cool if the submitted tracks were presented after the deadline.. otherwise we know that the first might be bigstacks, and the last one might be me etc. we need more mystique! and i dont want to hear other beats before im done with my shit. haha

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    As long as submissions are kept to PMs, or if everyone involved just has the login they can upload on the d/l, then we wont know who's done in what order. bigstacks would just need to wait for one or two others to upload and you wont know who's who.

If you want to keep it super hush hush, it's quite easy to change the url to something else, so only those participating will know it until deadline day.

• soupsoup 69 Posts
    I've never really posted much but I'm down to submit something if it's cool. Mainly though I just want to hear what cats are going to come up with.