Take Me To the Mardi Gras Soulstrut Beatoff ***BEATS NOW POSTED PG. 10!!!!!

Comments

• Cool, got a chance to peep some tracks. The range of these beats is good.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    So I'm almost ready to make a latte pass entry to this beat off. Just to clarify (apologies if this totally obvious) I'd need to put it on the Soundcloud and then PM The_Non details so he knows who it belongs to?

• ok, so where can i listen to the tracks?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yes Paul.

Doe you was meant to do it without posting about it here so others couldn't work out whos beat was whos.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    ok, so where can i listen to the tracks?
    You'll have to wait till official deadline is up, then they'll all get posted in this thread, unless a new one is started specifically for listening and voting.

• cool!

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Okem said:

Doe you was meant to do it without posting about it here so others couldn't work out whos beat was whos.

I haven't uploaded it yet nor can I be sure if I'll get round to it... or maybe I have. :zip:

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Less than a week! GET THESE BEATS DONE AND POSTED! I've arranged a Soulstrut-based "prize," small as it may be. If anyone was hype about the prize, you'd have to pool in money somewhere then someone wins the pot I'd say.

If your beat is done, please upload it. If it's almost done, finish it up. I'd love to have a healthier amount of beats on the soundcloud than what we have heading into a Saturday scramble. OVER THE TOP LIKE SYLVESTER STALLONE YALL.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I'm glad to see the collective juices of Soulstrut are still flowing. Great effort Non--I know from experience that what you are doing is not easy.

• I'm working on it and will upload something, finished or not.

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    Holy shit, one of the beats in particular is just so good i'm almost embarassed to put mine up. But i will!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Gnat said:
    I'm glad to see the collective juices of Soulstrut are still flowing. Great effort Non--I know from experience that what you are doing is not easy.

Gnat!!! I was just actually reading the original Break In The Road thread a few days ago cuz I was searching for something! Check your PMs!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Spacecho said:
    Holy shit, one of the beats in particular is just so good i'm almost embarassed to put mine up. But i will!

how do i not seem to understand how to visit these ghost beats?!? :post_modern:

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    cove said:
    Spacecho said:

how do i not seem to understand how to visit these ghost beats?!? :post_modern:

If you're not submitting a beat you don't have access. They'll all be made public after saturday.

Start uploading your beats you slack bastards! This Saturday is the day!

We're getting down to the wire, submit these beatz!

• I will sadly not able to submit a beat in time since I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow. I got something halfway done but I can't get the drums to work out :down: .

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Also won't be contributing... only just got the audio software for my new laptop.

I'll be there for the next one!

• softness all around. come on now

• leonleon 883 Posts
    How long will Strutteurs be able to vote? I'm away for the weekend so...
    Might have missed the announcement.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I'm a bastard and I'm soft... LOL... too busy at the moment, next time

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Geeeeez

Can i enter?
    I got time today. Mildly hungover, raining and no work= :slowburner:
    It's a little daunting to get smoked by pros, but hey...

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    how come all the beats are set to private ?

cove said:
    Geeeeez

Can i enter?
    Yeah, but they're due by tomorrow night.

leon said:
    How long will Strutteurs be able to vote? I'm away for the weekend so...
    Might have missed the announcement.
    I'm gonna post w/the poll Monday sometime.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    cove said:
    Geeeeez

Can i enter?

pretty stoked to see what the "pros" come up with compared to what i made though tbh.

are the beats going to be available for download after the comp? was just thinking i'd like to have em all..to go back and listen to whenever..

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I have a pretty sparse sketch of a beat done. I am now going to sit down with a sac of greenery and some iced tea and see what I can finish.

As mentioned - bassline troubles are killing me. But I think I worked something out.

I was looking forward to hearing something from you BAPT! Sad to hear you won't finish!

• I found this to be pretty challenging. For the way I normally do things, there's not a lot in that song that I would sample. There is hardly anything open and the bells are sprinkled everywhere. I ended up doing something totally different than I normally would. Will finish up tonight and post it for sure, so you can count on at least one more.

• I cant tell if one of the tracks is a joke or not. I hope its not, in a way